[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Worst Movie experience
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Worst Movie experience
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 12:55 am   Permalink

We were talking about this at work and I'd like to continue on with the topic. What's the worst movie you paid money to go see? Not renting or some late night cable watching. I'm talking about traveling to the theater, buying a ticket, maybe grabbing some corn along the way, and sitting down in the darkened theater with at least some sense of anticipation. Then after 5 minutes or so after the reel starts winding through the projector going WTF and looking for the exit?

Mine are Van Helsing, Miami Vice, and Green Lantern.

(this could also include a movie you may have liked, but wias forever ruined by some fuckwit talking all the way through it, or shouted out the ending before the credits even started.....in that case, then Hannibal as well but I would not have liked that movie in any capacity)

Look as heroic as you want, you know you suck you asshat.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 03:22 am   Permalink

Last one of many was the "Green Hornet", god that movie sucked.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 09:13 am   Permalink

Batman & Robin! I swore I would never see another Batman movie after that...I forgave them (or at least forgot) and Christian Bale redeemed the franchise.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 11:26 am   Permalink

"Southland Tales" is on top of my "worst of decade" list

Recent entries "The Tourist" everything about that movie sucked, even as a travelogue
Battle L.A. was a well made movie technically, But with a terrible script that just wasted it actors
and the blatant rip off of "Black Hawk Down" and "Independence Day" (Which itself was a blatant ripoff
of a dozen other movies) for the open ended finale of Battle L.A. was just laughable.

So many more.......

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-08-06 11:27 ]

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:15 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2011-08-07 10:15 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 10:15, Jungle Trader wrote:
Well I knew a guy that would time his farts with the gunshots. That's my worst movie experience.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lente
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-07 11:22 am   Permalink

Star Wars episode 1.

View Profile of Lente Send a personal message to Lente      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 02:14 am   Permalink

All of those Twilight movies, As our friends across the pond say "it's complete shite!"

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 05:24 am   Permalink

Ug, those Twilight movies are a bit of a scourge, like Cool as Ice. A friend reminded me of why she doesn't let me pick the movie to go see when we go out. Eyes Wide Shut.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 06:02 am   Permalink

All the "Harry Potter" movies suck. Well I assume they do. I walked out of the first one within the first 30 minutes and haven't looked back. The whole premise seemed so far-fetched and unbelievable.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-08 12:00 pm   Permalink

"Waking Ned Divine". I desperately tried to sleep through it all. Think I was snoring, as once I woke up & everybody around me was looking at me & laughing...

"State and Main" by Mamet. He took every cliche ever written into a bad TV sitcom and made a movie out of them. We left half way through.

And seeing The Ring. Movie was awesome, but I was lucky enough to get two young film school students sitting behind me, cynically dismantling every scene.
Funny feeling them still jump at the scary parts, though.

And seeing "Episode 1" on it's first day and being near the end of the line. Movie was crap, and if you hold a piece of paper up to your face and turn it almost completely sideways, that's what the screen looked like since we were up at the very front. Got a kink in my neck. Why do they even have seats up there!?

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 2:23 pm   Permalink

"I heart Huckabees"

so much cute dialogue, perfect for some slacker college student...but not me!

"Reservoir dogs"

I pretty much hate everything tarantino has done, but this one is the worst (besides kill bill).

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 3:55 pm   Permalink

"Envy" with Jack Black, Ben Stiller, and Christopher Walken...you know, the one where Ben Stiller invents a spray that makes dog shit disappear? What could go wrong with THAT premise? Ended up walking out halfway through and demanding my money back. Later, looked on the Rotten Tomatoes movie review website where almost EVERY critic recommended spraying the film with the aforementioned spray. "Battle Los Angeles" was pretty horrible as well...when I think back on it all I can hear is Aaron Eckhart telling that kid "you're my little Marine"!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 7:16 pm   Permalink

Black Hawk Down

Where do you start? The non-US cast members (like Ewen McGregor, and Eric Bana), who did not succeed at being Americans? Sam Shepard, as the commander, who was totally miscast and really should have known better? (once a hippy, always a hippy...) The creation of such stark black and white from a situation with so many shades of grey there was no moral high ground? Or just the inaccuracies? I sat through the film with a row of teenage Somali girls in front of me, who were howling with laughter at various points in the film. You could tell their bull%$# meters were beeping all the way through the film. I came out of Black Hawk Down feeling violated as a thinking human being, a student of military history, and as a follower of current events.

Oh, and Battle of Seattle, for much the same reasons. There was also someone in the cinema in front of me, rolling with laughter at the cliched portrayals of the activists and cops, who stopped to apologise to me at one point. I told her it was alright, I understood completely...

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-08 19:16, Club Nouméa wrote:
Black Hawk Down

Sam Shepard, as the commander, who was totally miscast and really should have known better? (once a hippy, always a hippy...)

Huh ?? Wasn't he a test pilot for the Air Force before he got into acting ??

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation