FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » A possible Tiki Oasis 2012 theme?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
A possible Tiki Oasis 2012 theme?
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-20 5:12 pm   Permalink

Cross cultural Tiki mutations:
Chinese acrobatics crossed with tourist luau show crossed with Las Vegas circus!
With a little something extra.
Now that's Tiki!

Classic Velvets
by Song Shen

[ This Message was edited by: Okolehao 2011-08-20 19:30 ]

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 7:39 pm   Permalink

UM.... No.
I hope you aren't serious?

I told some friends that it should be Cival War re-enactment Tiki,
and that got a huge round of laughs.

by the way,
Next Years Tiki Oasis is going to be Spy themed.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 8:35 pm   Permalink

Yes Spy themed! or retro SciFi.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-23 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-23 19:39, bigtikidude wrote:

I told some friends that it should be Cival War re-enactment Tiki,
and that got a huge round of laughs.

LOL

View Profile of Lucky Jackson Send a personal message to Lucky Jackson  Goto the website of Lucky Jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 9:08 pm   Permalink

Wild-west tiki.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NikkiNapalm
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-23 9:39 pm   Permalink

Pretty sure it's going to be spy-themed, but I looooove the retro sci-fi idea. A space tiki idea would be amazing! I can see the flyer already...a bunch of people with fishbowl helmets on floating through space, attempting to drink their drinks and one guy playing bongos lol.

View Profile of NikkiNapalm Send a personal message to NikkiNapalm      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 9:57 pm   Permalink

That was Tiki Oasis 4.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 9:58 pm   Permalink

Sci-Fi? Why not? After all, there ARE tikis on Mars...

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 10:47 pm   Permalink

Mmm Hmm, but like PiPhiRho said that was done for Tiki Oasis 4.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 10:58 pm   Permalink

Then how about retro creature feature? monsters & Tiki, yea!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:19 am   Permalink

Rats, I thought for sure the next theme would be Chinese restaurant Tiki-style.

Anyway, this year opened up the floodgates for any trend that was popular when Tiki was. I think it's a good combo as most Tikiphiles appreciate mid-century culture. I can just imagine…

1. Cold War Tiki - I'm not sure what the music would be but certainly the mixology could revolve around vodka. Also the atomic scare and Soviet iconography of that time might result in some interesting mug designs. And Tiki bomb shelters, anyone ??

2. Tiki Camelot - In celebration of THE Tiki president, John F. Kennedy. That one could also be a return back to a lounge culture when the Rat Pack reigned. No Aloha wear allowed, just vintage cocktail attire.

3. The Inchanted Tiki Room - A celebration of Disney. Purposely mis-spelled to avoid the eventual lawsuits from the Disney corporation. All of the popular characters would have to be appropriately modified. Plus this Oasis would be one where everyone would have to have fun WITHOUT booze. Is that possible ??

4. The Good, the Bad, and the Tiki - Celebrating Spaghetti Western. Certainly this would be a good opportunity to feature Morricone-style Surf Music.

5. Davy Crocket Tiki - Coonskin caps replace fezzes.

6. Tiki, PI - A Crime Jazz and Hawaiian Eye theme. Maybe even throw in some Hawaii-0.

7. Where No Tiki Has Gone Before - Star Trek + Tiki. That would be the ultimate Geek fest.

8. Eden's Island - "Nature Boy" Hippie-style Tiki.

9. Tiki TV - In celebration of mid-century TV sitcoms. Think Gilligan's Island and Brady Bunch Tiki.

10. Tiki Disco Party - To acknowledge the eventual devolution. Actually that "Tiki Hell" room party was pretty fun with the puffer fish disco ball.

OK, that'll keep things flowing for the next decade.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-23 22:58, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Then how about retro creature feature? monsters & Tiki, yea!

I think the upcoming Halloween-themed "Goin' Primitive" at Mojave Oasis in Oct might have that covered.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:37 am   Permalink

ancient Rome -tiki ? We just need to install vomitoriums. Everything else is already present.

Victorian era -Tiki? Oh never mind.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 12:51 am   Permalink

Maybe we should just stick to the Spy Theme, Crime Jazz & Spy tunes, John-Os Cold War idea fits right in
(Man from U.N.C.L.E., I Spy, The Prisoner, Secret Agent Man etc.) all from the classic Tiki era.

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 06:59 am   Permalink

Here's one more, a page right out of the Hawaiian history book...

For those attendees unhappy with all of the Burlesque (i.e. "Titty" Oasis) we can have Missionary-style Tiki Oasis.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-08-24 07:02 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation