FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-04 2:37 pm   Permalink

Check priceline. They have rooms at the Ocean View for $46 a night. Don't expect luxury diggs, though. Ocean View is kind of sub Motel 6. I booked a room at the Sanatra through expedia. A little more, but a much nicer hotel.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-04 5:30 pm   Permalink

Some o the hotels are pretty crusty for sure but you can stumble to them. I stay at the Ramada down the street, not bad no bed bugs See you all at the show I get to go yay!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-05 10:33 am   Permalink

I have 1 ticket for sale in the Hidden Village $25 if your interested PM me

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-05 12:27 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to a great evening at Don the Beachcomber!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-05 1:54 pm   Permalink

Yes, for the pm's the ticket is in the hidden village $25 but pm me. First one that pm's gets it.

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 07:02 am   Permalink

So if you lead a good Tiki life, say your Tiki prayers each day, and live by the holy Book of Tiki, you get to go to Tiki heaven in the afterlife. What's that like?...

EXACTLY like Don's last night !!

We had Tikiyaki O (with Marina the Fire Breathing Mermaid) in the High Chief's Room and The Hula Girls (with Miss Dinah DeRosa and Miss Judy Luck) in the Dagger Bar. At the same time !!

Yes it was Tiki heaven.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ESP182
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-06 08:23 am   Permalink

Great shows. Thanks Tikiyaki for playing Don's again the place is like your own Batcave. Thanks Marina for coming out from Florida to do the show! Hula Girls - again well done. Al - well it isn't a tiki event without Al topless somehow. Kirby - well done on the volcano.

[ This Message was edited by: ESP182 2011-11-14 10:58 ]

View Profile of ESP182 Send a personal message to ESP182      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 10:14 am   Permalink

Great to see all of you last night, now bring on the pictures....cringe.....

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2011-11-06 10:37 am   Permalink

Great event at DTB last night with TIKIYATA , Marina , and especially CRAZY AL. I enjoyed being with my Tiki Family.

[ This Message was edited by: HB TIKI 2011-11-06 11:37 ]

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 10:46 am   Permalink

God I hope Crazy Al was wearing underwear, he did look great in his Hadji (Johnny Quest)
outfit! (where was Bandit?)

Tanks Roger!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 12:10 pm   Permalink

Awesome Roger! great pics!!

This was aS Great as i was hoping it could have been!
Thanks Jim and Don's for the show!!!

I might me nutty enough to run around with only lawn clippings on, 'butt' I know no one wants to see the wardrobe malfunction pics... please keep them to the archives folks... thanks

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 4:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-06 10:46, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
God I hope Crazy Al was wearing underwear, he did look great in his Hadji (Johnny Quest)
outfit! (where was Bandit?)

Tanks Roger!

nope.....

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2011-11-06 7:25 pm   Permalink

What a great night...everything I'd hoped it would be. Thanks to Tikiyaki, Marina, The Hula Girls, and to Don's for hosting. The vibe last night from everyone was incredible. Admittedly I don't remember much after Tikiyaki finished their show, but I was told I enjoyed The Hula Girls also. Happy birthday to me.

And yes, I seem to have lost my wedding band, so if anyone hears of a white gold wedding band being found please pm me. I may simply have put in my pants pocket to help *prevent* me from losing it (it's way too big, boring story), but Valerie and I left vacation at 430 this morning and I didn't have time to retrace my steps.

Pictures are forthcoming once we return from vacation.

Mahalo again all!

Kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 10:22 am   Permalink

Not one but 2 rooms of good music, good drinks and good people.

And good photos.

Any video footage of the many magical moments from Saturday night out there?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 11:48 am   Permalink

Great Nite !

Big Mahalos to everyone who made the trip with us to Tikiyaki Polynesian Village. We hope you enjoyed your stay.

This particular show took the efforts of many, so I have to say thanx to those folks.

Wife Coco, Daughter Angie for running the check in process, and , Tiki Tena and Sean for working with them to make sure it all went smoothly.
Stacey (soon the be) Gusek for working the Tikiyaki Gift shop
Jeff Big Tiki Dude for DJ'ing, Doing the lights and helping setup and breakdown.
Kirby for making that bitchin' Volcano with me and working the staging part of show
John Corbid aka diBroc for running the staging, and working the Marina Stage
Cindy Keiffer for lending Marina her awesome Tikiyaki Airways Stewardess outfit...and Mandy (Nelson's Tiki Hut) for the hat

Amy (Queen Kamehameha) and Rory Snyder for building the bridge back to Don's for us, and Art and Delia Snyder for having us back....it was great to be back !

Kari Hendler for hosting Marina and for that stellar intro announcing !
Marina was just amazing, and we plan to bring her back again....always super pro, and the perfect compliment to our music.
Crazy Al for bringin his "A Game" , taking the finale up 10 notches, and for dressing as a Swami !
My bandmates, who kicked butt, and Cap'n Lush for always writing such great dialogue !
Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly for making the awesome Pele's Kiss cocktail for the mystery girl presentation.
Lastly, thanx to everyone who came out for the show. We had an amazing time with you all.

Aloha, Baby ! and thank you for staying with us at Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel !

Hope to see some of you on New Year's Eve in Palo Alto.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiyaki 2011-11-16 20:29 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation