FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » official tiki caliente 4 link (may 18-20 palm springs,ca)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
official tiki caliente 4 link (may 18-20 palm springs,ca)
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-15 9:11 pm   Permalink

The 26 foot statue of Marilyn Monroe was recently dismantled in Chicago and shipped to Palm Springs where it was reassembled this week. Rumor has it that it will be covered until the official unveiling so there probably be no sightings this weekend.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 9:41 pm   Permalink

here it is in the new Palm Springs location. People will pass it getting to the travel lodge this weekend.

When you are in the hart of downtown you should see it on the Right (Mountain) side

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 11:12 pm   Permalink

Photo from circa 1960s. Not much has changed except for a fence around the pool.

w

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-16 01:21 am   Permalink

View Profile of Sunshine Tiki Send a personal message to Sunshine Tiki  Email Sunshine Tiki Goto the website of Sunshine Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 08:47 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying some great bands! We wont be up til Saturday; Save some fun for us!

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 10:30 am   Permalink

Is it possible to buy a wristband at the hotel on friday night or sat morning or is this sold out? I'm just not sure if I can make it or not. And does anyone know if the hotel is sold out yet? Thanks!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 1:46 pm   Permalink

Important last minute information************************************

As an Extra Bonus for people staying on grounds only................................

The main Building has been closed for the last week to re-paint and spruce up the pool area for the event so the building has been vacant,and since there is know one checking out..........

The Travel Lodge will allow early check-in on Friday starting at 10a.m..................this should help with no bottlenecking of people waiting in line.

Also, the Travel Lodge Does have some rooms left but they DO NOT COME WITH WRISTBANDS.

DO NOT DRIVE DOWN TO PALM SPRINGS THINKING YOU WILL GET IN WITHOUT A WRISTBAND,BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT. DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME.

As I am VERY BUSY setting up the event and don't want people calling or texting me,I will offer the following

SEND a text to (949)463-6087

and If I have wristbands left I will confirm and hold one under the name..........the cost will be $65 CASH each wristband.

do not come down and think you have a wristband held if I did not text you back with a confirmation.

This is for Wed/Thursday only................If I do not confirm with you then we are SOLD OUT.

Thank you for understanding my situation that I need to tend to people on grounds vs. the last min party guy.

W

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ This Message was edited by: wildsville man 2012-05-16 13:58 ]

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 2:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Rory, I appreciate it! The reason I asked is I may have to work on Sat, so that's why I was asking if I could pay "at the door". If I can get out of work, I'll let you know, thanks! If not, I hope you all have a great time!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 2:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-16 14:03, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
Thanks for the info Rory, I appreciate it! The reason I asked is I may have to work on Sat, so that's why I was asking if I could pay "at the door". If I can get out of work, I'll let you know, thanks! If not, I hope you all have a great time!

Hope you can make it,but let me know A.S.A.P.

This wan't just in response to your question......every year by phone blows up when I finally get to sit back and enjoy my 8 months worth of efforts.

I unplug.............Friday

Join the De-Evolution

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 2:43 pm   Permalink

Line up of Entertainment and Times for the event,
Thurs. to Sun.

Thurs. May 17th
John Niera (Slack Key Guitar by the Pool)
I assume this will be 4 to 6pm ish, Correct Rory?

Fri. May 18th
* 2p.m.The Tonga Hut Bar will be open for cocktails
* 4:45p.m. the kick off toast will take place on main stage (Have a drink in hand to kick off Tiki Caliente 4)
* 5p.m.-5:45p.m. The Deadbeat Daddies take the stage for first set
* 6:20p.m.-7:00p.m. Second Set
*7:45p.m.-8:30 Hula Girls Hit the Stage for first Set
*9:15p.m.-10:00p.m. Hula Girls Second Set

Saturday May 19th
* Noon-1p.m. Smok”in Menehunes first set
* 2p.m.-3p.m. Smok’in Menehunes second set.
* 4p.m.-4:45p.m. Sand Devils First Set
* 5:30p.m.-6:15p.m. Sand Devils Second Set
* 7:30p.m.-8:15p.m. Martini Kings and Sonny Moon first Set
* 8;45p.m.-10p.m. Martini Kings and Sonny Moon Second Set

Sun. May 20th (please confirm Rory)
Slacktone Noon to 2 pm
Mitch Chang and Kimo (Slack key Hawiian tunes-by the pool)
4pm to 6pm

* Jeff “Big Tiki Dude” will be Spinning Cd’s between all bands
Till 11p.m. Every Night.

You KNOW you wanna stay on Sunday and chill
and not fight the traffic back home.
(Do It!)

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drunkycrow

Posted: 2012-05-16 7:40 pm   Permalink

Does anyone have any extra room in their rides to Tiki Caliente on Friday? I'm in Studio City and would love to get a jump on the festivities instead of waiting 'til evening time for my original ride. Hoping to leave late morning/early afternoon.  I'll pour your first Loquat Collins of the day if you can get me there. 

View Profile of drunkycrow Send a personal message to drunkycrow  Email drunkycrow Goto the website of drunkycrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 8:00 pm   Permalink

We asked Rory, If we can give a raffel prize or such!

Rory:

GoGo I would Love one.......
Something we can give for best Drink or Decorations.

We need these people with pool side rooms to deck out those patio's to set the vibe for the show and a cool prize from GoGo Tiki would be a show stopper.

We are offering up, A one of a kind "Beachcomber Lamp" Comes with a $75 "Deadly Nightshades" Custom fiberglass lampshade, This is the only one ever made and never to be made again! So decorate those rooms up! This is our favorite multi-day event, We can't wait, Cheers! Gogo and Dani:

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 8:04 pm   Permalink

I have two wrist bands reserved that we can not use now, so who needs a couple?
you can get them at the travel lodge starting Friday at check in
you can just pay the check in folks $42.00 Each I may need to show my ID at the check in for you to pick em up
no problem, Just PM me if you are interested.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-16 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-16 14:43, bigtikidude wrote:
Slacktone Noon to 2 pm
4pm to 6pm

Till 11p.m. Every Night.

(Do It!)

Jeff(btd)

Sunday afternoon and evening was a huge highlight of last year's event for me. I've been looking forward to that since the end of TIki Caliente 3. Feet in the pool watching the sunset beats driving home on Sunday. Strongly recommended if you can swing it.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-17 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-16 22:28, heylownine wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-05-16 14:43, bigtikidude wrote:
Slacktone Noon to 2 pm
4pm to 6pm

Till 11p.m. Every Night.

(Do It!)

Jeff(btd)

Sunday afternoon and evening was a huge highlight of last year's event for me. I've been looking forward to that since the end of TIki Caliente 3. Feet in the pool watching the sunset beats driving home on Sunday. Strongly recommended if you can swing it.

kevin

Kevin,
you 2 have the right state of mind.
even if you have to be back to work on monday, stay till later, and chill.
Then drive home after 6 or have dinner in PS and hit the road at 8 or 9 pm.
I usually go to La Casuelas
http://www.lascasuelas.com/
in the middle of Downtown PS. that place is OLD SCHOOL.

heading out in a few hours,
see ya'll out there.
stop by the DJ booth and say Hi, make a request,
and check out some of the cds I have for sale.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation