FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Is there any interest in me resurrecting the Tiki Crawl?
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 6:41 pm   Permalink

I thought I was slow, but you definitely got me beat

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 6:41 pm   Permalink

Okay, I'm back home from the madness of Purple Orchid - Insect Surfers - The Starting Gate - Surf Guitar 101 - Los Venturas - El Ray - Katella Deli - The Doll Hut - The Disasternauts - Slacktone - Huntington Pier - Duke's - The Exotics - Soccer Tiki Grotto - Joyride - Gasoline Alley - Don The Beachcomber - The Tilted Kilt (that's right, we took Coco Loco to The Tilted Kilt!) - California Adventure - Cars Land - Radiator Springs Racers - Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - Disneyland - Blue Bayou - Pirates Of The Caribbean - Haunted Mansion - Jungle Cruise - Enchanted Tiki Room - Trader Sam's - Soarin' Over California - World Of Color - An additional full day of Disneyland - Oceanside - The Inferno - San Diego - Tiki Oasis Staff Meeting - Bali Hai - Tikiyaki Orchestra - Eric October's Tapa Stamp Making class - Martin Cate's Rum Seminar - Tiki Oasis skit practice and voice over recordings - Tiki Oasis Main Stage performance as SOBER Chief - Dismal turnout at Hobo Camp Cookout - The Exotics in Tonga Hut Suite Party - Jason Lee's Surf Guitar seminar - Tiki Oasis Car Show - The Exotics mainstage - The Lampshades - Martini Kings in Tonga Hut Room Suite Party - Thee Swank Bastards Room Suite Party - The Love Me Nots Room Suite Party - Los Seafinks - Drinking from The Hoof - Burlesque Revue - Swimming poolside with Dina, Hukilau Brown, Dr. Shocker, and Will until dawn - waffles with Sir Waffle-Lot - wind down time and pizza at the pool with JonPaul and Marie - having my schwag stolen poolside as I swam nearby - last call mixers party poolside - more waffles with Sir Waffle-Lot - the long drive home - stopping for lunch at Trader Sam's - passing out drunk co-pilot style in the passenger seat until Harris Ranch - dropping my brother in law off in Half Moon Bay - sleeping for 20 hours straight once I got home, and a couple hundred other things that I crammed in and have now forgotten. So now that I'm home, and semi-rested, it's time to piece together the Tiki Crawl!

Stay tuned for more info later this evening, after I get back from the unofficial Tiki Oasis wind down party at Trader Vic's. (Hey, it's a rough life, but SOMEBODY's gotta do it, right?)

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 8:14 pm   Permalink

Bill,

I like the way you roll brutha.

My list doesn't look the same, but I ran 17 days/nights in a row, with one day off in the middle, but being Pre SG101 convention, I was running around getting amps n drums for the Los Venturas and El Ray to use at the bar gigs.

Good luck with the crawl, I'd love to come up,
but I think I have to save up for something next June.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-31 5:28 pm   Permalink

Before I post the tentative schedule, I would like to gauge the interest in having a limited edition numbered mug that commemorates the 10th Anniversary of The Tiki Crawl, made from scratch by none other than yours truly and a certain South Bay Hot Rod giant Ku and Moai bar builder? Who's interested in a Tiki Crawl X mug? Show of hands, please.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BuzDeadwax
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-31 7:28 pm   Permalink

Show of hands you say?

MUG PLZ!

View Profile of BuzDeadwax Send a personal message to BuzDeadwax  Email BuzDeadwax Goto the website of BuzDeadwax     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-05 04:06 am   Permalink

I'd go for a mug Mai Tai, and two bus seats if there is a bus. Saturday night only though due to work schedule

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-05 05:28 am   Permalink

Mug Mug Mug!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 06:54 am   Permalink

I could be mugged . . .

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BayIslander

Posted: 2013-11-16 10:11 am   Permalink

Hello Mai Tai,

I too hail from the exotic Island of Alameda and saw your post from last year about a possible home tiki bar crawl in Alameda or the East Bay. I'd love to participate. Anyone else from the Island want to get this started?

I can host a few tikiphiles at a time in my small basement bar.

View Profile of BayIslander Send a personal message to BayIslander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation