FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-09-11 12:29 am   Permalink

Thank you, brother. The new heart valve seems to be working well. Hope it lasts a while. The 11th is GROG' 1st re-birthday, and Friday is GROG' 51st birthday (not countng a couple of thousands of years frozen in a glacier).

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-24 11:39 am   Permalink

Time for my annual Basal Cell Carcinoma harvest LOL This time on my neck. Remember, the sun is not your friend

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-24 8:14 pm   Permalink

Happy Almost Anniversary GROG! I'm still waiting on my bowl.

Take care of yourself MDM! Heal quickly.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-28 9:48 pm   Permalink

GROG so glad you've healed and are back to your caveman ways.

MadDogMike you look more and more like a pirate with all those scars. No sun for us.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kraken
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-08 10:10 pm   Permalink

Mad Dog Mike, it's been almost 3 years since you started
to tell us the story about piercing your own belly button
for a ring. Hope you are about ready to finish it up now.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . kraken

View Profile of kraken Send a personal message to kraken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-10 1:28 pm   Permalink

Kraken, you have a heck of a memory!

I don't remember what I told you before so I will start at the very beginning

It was 1998, I had my 40th birthday. I had always had "needle-phobia" bad enough that I passed out every time I gave blood. I decided I was a grown man, a black belt in karate; there was no reason to be afraid of a little needle. I was going to do my own exposure therapy so I gave blood for the first time in several years, I got my tetnus, flu and series of 3 hepatitis shots that I had been putting off. And I decided to pierce my own belly button. I work at a hospital so one night shift when I was working I went to the hypodermic needle cabinet and selected a nice 18 guage needle. But it was as big as a telephone pole so I put it back and got a smaller 21 guage. I stuck the needle through my belly button and pulled it out, but the hole closed up and I couldn't get the ring through. I put the needle back through my belly button and wiggled it all around to make the hole bigger but I still couldn't get the ring through. I went back to the cabinet and got the monster 18 guage, I pushed it through my belly button and wiggled it good but the ring STILL wouldn't go through the hole. So I poke the big needle back through for the 4th time. This time I put the wire of the ring into the lumen of the needle and pulled it back out the other side - SUCCESS!

When I got off work in the morning I showed it to my wife and expected her to tell me how sexy it looked (remember, this was 1998). Her reply was "YOU GET THAT OUT OF THERE BEFORE THE CHILDREN SEE IT!!!"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kraken
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-10 3:54 pm   Permalink

Mike, thanks for the great story!

My only regret is that, since this was the wife
who passed away, we'll never get to read a
detailed post from her on exactly what she
found so objectionable in that very counter-
cultural belly button ring.

. . . . . . . . . . kraken

View Profile of kraken Send a personal message to kraken      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-10 9:16 pm   Permalink

The kids were young teens at the time, she was afraid they would want a piecing too. "If dad has one why can't we?"

kraken
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-10 10:56 pm   Permalink

Good point, actually.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . kraken

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-12 07:18 am   Permalink

MadDogMike you are one wild man. I've stuck needles into other people thousands of times. Even 19 gage needles which are the size of pencil lead. I don't have a fear of needles but I can say that I would never have done this to my own body. It made me woozy just to picture you doing it. Your wife was right. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-30 1:22 pm   Permalink

I fought the log and the log won

I was out in the desert without an ax and tried to break a long piece of firewood by throwing onto the ground. It bounced up and hit me in the face. a little gash in my eyebrow bled like a stuck pig all down the side of my face and neck

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

Mike, why didn't you use your Kung Fu?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-30 4:38 pm   Permalink

OUCH!!!...one word....Goggles. Take care.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-02 1:30 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike you are a one man show. Two basil cell surgeries, an allergic reaction with a swollen eye and then an attack on the same eye. So what is Teresa saying about all of these injuries? You should photoshop them into one weird photo.

I hope you are well soon, hugs, Wendy

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-03 09:47 am   Permalink

ATP if I used my Kung Fu I probably would have broken my hand instead
Vamp then I would have had broken pieces of goggles stuck into the side of my head
Wendy I think that's my 4th basal cell carcinoma "harvest". I'm an active guy and a bit klutzy, that's a bad combination. But Teresa isn't squeemish about a little blood so she'll adjust just fine.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation