FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Central Member Infirmary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Tiki Central Member Infirmary
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-15 10:21 am   Permalink

GROG I found them under the table and used some ceramic patch. I'm already back to work. Thank you for your suggestion, remember when I did that painting left handed after breaking my arm and having surgery? Good thing we have two! Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-09 07:41 am   Permalink

Almost caveman zipper anniversary

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-10 4:39 pm   Permalink

1 more day Grog Man

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-09-10 10:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks for remembering Hang10. This will be GROG' second year anniversary of GROG' "re-birthday".

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-11 08:28 am   Permalink

GROG you sure looked good at Tiki Oasis. Keep healthy my friend. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2015-09-11 09:27 am   Permalink

Thanks Wendy. You always look great with your awesome smile.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-10 07:28 am   Permalink

One on the tenets of white privilege, after age 50 they start carving skin cancers off once or twice a year I think this is my 5th. If you are fair skinned, be sure to get regular dermatologist check-ups

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-20 7:43 pm   Permalink

Ya still look like a stud

tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-21 12:11 am   Permalink

Shingles... whee!

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-23 09:53 am   Permalink

Well Mike you've got me beat. I feel lucky they took the top of my nose off rather than the tip. I just did a round of Efudex. I think you should try it too.

I put it on my face for two weeks and my arms for one month. It shows that I'm pretty much all pre-cancerous cells. I'm going to see the dermatologist soon and ask if a chemical peel or laser will obliterate all these bad cells.

I never sunbathed and I've not had sunburns since I was a kid. All the burns when young caught up with me. Beware of the sun, the ozone layer is much thinner now.

All the red you see are pre-cancerous cells.

My face completely looked like this. I'm back to looking normal but far from it. Mike you should do this too. Yes it hurts. Cheers, Wendy

GROG

Posted: 2015-11-24 12:03 am   Permalink

MDM, it's called the "Pinnochio Effect"---- you've been lying too much and they had to carve some of your nose off before it got too big.

Tikicoma---I hope you don't have shingles. If you do, good luck and heal quickly.

Wendy, I can't believe you'd do that to yourself.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-24 5:05 pm   Permalink

Hi GROG, skin checks are good for finding existing cancer. This Efudex is good for showing you where it plans to grow and is working on getting there. I wear hats and long sleeves whenever I go out and have done that for years. Even so my skin is pre-cancerous. I lost my mother to malignant melanoma, my dad had two types of skin cancer but survived them well with surgeries like MadDogMikes. I'm going to fight. Now I have found and documented where my problem areas are (my whole face, spots on my arms) and I'll find a way to fight. My next check is in February I'll do what my doctor says to do.

Stay covered my friends. Wendy

tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-24 9:02 pm   Permalink

Wendy and Mike move up to the Puget Sound! We don't have enough sunlight to be much of a threat to you and 2/3 thirds of the year we're all covered to keep the rain off anyway, so you'd appear normal. The depression from the rain and lack of sun doesn't set in for at least seven years, and by then it's to late as you'll be "one of us... one of us".

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-24 9:20 pm   Permalink

Oh, and thanks GROG. Yeah I do have Shingles but we caught it early when I went to the doc due to a stress level like I've never even imagined before. It looks like someone ironed one side of my face but no crazy pain yet. Only pains have been the feeling of a hundred needles poked into my scalp when the wind blows my hair and the feeling of a hot iron touching my temple while at the same time getting an electric shock, all good in a semi masochistic way.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-28 12:06 am   Permalink

tikicoma my mom had shingles on half of her upper body. I would paint this solution that dried to be a coating like plastic wrap. It was to help cover the exposed nerves. She had a horrible case and I caught chickenpox from coming in contact with her. The doctor told her she was lucky she didn't have it on half her head because people who get it there often go crazy. I never forgot that.

Hang in there. She used hypnosis to control the pain. I'm so sorry to hear that you have it in the very worst area.

I got the shingles vaccine 4 years ago and had a reaction to it and my arm turned hot, red, hard and swollen and had to be reported. Probably because of my exposure to my mom. I'm so hopeful that it worked.

Best wishes for you to heal soon and for a sunny day to give you joy, Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation