FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-03 01:31 am   Permalink

The artist who painted this:

Also painted this:

It was his last commercial assignment, he was 71, and it was for the cover of Playboy Magazine.

See ya'll at the Tonga Hut.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 01:34 am   Permalink

YAWN!BlahBlahBlah
How 'bout some REAL ART?

Last Flyer of the Season....sigh...

See y'alls in less than 12 hours!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2011-12-03 01:36 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 07:32 am   Permalink

will you really be wearing an elf costume?! oh pleeze oh pleeze oh pleeze...

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 07:59 am   Permalink

Art from noon to 4:00, Glasgow Tiki Shakers from 5:00 to 8:00 - what happens after 8:00? I've heard that the bar is closing at 8:00...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 09:14 am   Permalink

you gonna be wearin an Elf costume,Jeff?

please say "Yes!"

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-03 09:55 am   Permalink

Now don't go starting any unsubstantiated rumors there, Z-Man.

GROG not hear anything like that. GROG hear rumors that it's supposed to be windy today, so artists if you're bringing EZ Ups, be sure and bring something heavy to anchor them.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 11:34 am   Permalink

You better not pout, you better not cry, cause we are coming to town!
See ya all real soon!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-03 8:31 pm   Permalink

That "Blustery Day" might be the best one yet! A classic!

What a GREAT day it was, yes, blustery but sunny sky and sunny smiles all around. I was just so happy to see everybody!

Cass (Oceatica), Tiki Tony and JP

Boris, Naomi and Danny (Tiki Diablo)

Sven (Bigbrotiki) and Kari (Tangaroaru)

Kirby, Jim Bacchi ....and JP again!

Kinny and customers

The new Tonga Hut is a an achievement in Tiki Swankness, folks! Congrats to Amy and Jeremy and Kirby and ALL the people that worked so hard, spending more time there than at home for the last week!

Tiki Tom outside the parking lot door carved by Kirby:

Jeremy talking to the pizza man by a Kirby mural inspired by Tiki Modern:

A happy Drooling Bastard:

Nelson's resin lamps over every booth:

A nice couple...:

...by the new fire place. A corner of Kirby's map mural is visible. Somebody else has to post the whole piece, there were so many friends, sights and drinks it all became a big swirl of swank!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 01:59 am   Permalink

we just got home from the Tonga Hut & boy are my arms tired!

Nice to catch up with you motley crew, The place looks great, wait til you see pics of the A-Frames
over the tables along the wall to, Tonga Tom will show his I bet soon.

all you Tonga Nutters you done good! love the fire place.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 05:36 am   Permalink

OK, Tom! Wake up & post your pics!
Kirby, that map looks amazing.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 07:37 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 09:08 am   Permalink

Isn't that cool! Who did that?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 09:29 am   Permalink

Eric October made that commemorative poster. Very sweet!

Oh my Tiki Gods! Grog, Jeremy and Amy sure do know how to throw a party! The soul of the Tonga Hut remains and has been given a glorious overhaul. I love the intimate booths and the uber-swank fireplace (I have that same one at my house)! Nelson's lamps, Kirby's carvings, Kelly's cocktails... I apologize to those I'm leaving out, but I know that a lot of hard work from many talented people went into this transformation.

Grog, thank you, again, for making another Wonderland for all of us to attend. It kind of is the last hurrah before the quiet, non-event filled months of Jan-March, and I know we appreciate the opportunity to spend time together and, of course, sell our stuff! The funny part is that most of us just ended up trading with each other! (Sven, Marie...!!)

Glasgow Tiki Shakers were the perfect band for last night. Good to see so many dancing (Rose!) and Kelly's Rum Barrel was one of the finest concoctions I've ever tasted.

I woke up this morning feeling all glowy from the warmth of the Hut and its People. Congratulations to Jeremy, Amy and everyone who made this happen!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 09:33 am   Permalink

New sign going up at the Tonga Hut.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 10:12 am   Permalink

OK, I'm already planning my next trip out. I can't wait to see this new incarnation of the Tonga Hut. Eric, you never cease to amaze me. Another medium conquered. Now, if Tonga Tom will awaken from his rum-induced slumber & post his pics, I can really fell like I was there!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation