FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 12:58 pm   Permalink

If we're having a cookie competition, let's have prizes! Not that the rum-drunk, stuffed-mouth, gurgling of "mmmoohhh, these are gooood" isn't enough of a winning moment but... it isn't enough. Grog, any chance there could be prizes for this? Sure a trip to Hawaii would be nice, but I don't think that's in the budget. I think the lure of prizes might make more people enter this. More entries = more cookies = more things that taste good with Kelly's drinks. Maybe a mug prize, Tonga Hut T-shirt prize, Tonga Hut gift certificate prize? Last time you did this, there were prizes for artistic merit and taste. I think I won a free drink, which I ordered and gave to YOU. I say up the stakes a little.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-19 1:32 pm   Permalink

We'll definitely have some prizes for the winners. Two winners. One for Best-Looking Cookie and one for Best Tasting Cookie. GROG will be at Tonga Hut tomorrow, and will discuss prizes with Jeremy. Big Tiki Dude will be there tomorrow DeeJaying if anybody else want to join GROG and the other Tonga Hut regulars for a drink, some tunes, and nacho cheese chips.

The Tonga Hut will be closed Nov. 27 until the Grand Re-opening on Dec. 3rd, so this is the last Sunday and last week to see it in it's current condition before it gets a little face-lift.

Also, Krisdrama will be having her last drink from the Grog Log tomorrow and will be inducted into the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-11-19 13:50 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 1:37 pm   Permalink

Yay, Grog and Jeremy!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 6:44 pm   Permalink

i vote that Kari IS the BEST LOOKIN COOKIE in TOWN!

Amy and Jeremy together?
Wonderful News for us AND the Tonga Hut!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 7:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Everyone! I am excited to be part of such a great place! Thank you Sven...That could possibly be the nicest thing I have heard i a long time Thank you too KinnY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-11-19 9:45 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 11:38 pm   Permalink

GROG!!
Long time, no tease....
Have you started a new 'list' for this thread? I haven't been #1 on GROG'S list for a while i've got some catching up to do....

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-11-19 11:59 pm   Permalink

GROG making a list, but haven't decided what the list is for yet. But, right now Boris is #1 one on that list.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-11-20 00:02 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 01:00 am   Permalink

That's okay, I can knock Boris out of that #1 spot...no sweat! Watch out, GROG... I'm super motivated to be on GROG'S list again. It's been too long!

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 01:03 am   Permalink

Hey GROG, wait a minute!... Are you saying Kinny isn't at the top of your list?!? Since when?

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-20 10:20 am   Permalink

Kinney is at the top of my list, but Santa's list? Not too sure, those boys have all been naughty!. Better make good cookies, I like to taste good cookies! Prizes? Yes!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 2:35 pm   Permalink

You would actually put something Kinny made.....in your mouth?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 11:38 pm   Permalink

Oh how I've missed you guys and your wacky TC threads. . . .

I am really excited about vending at the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5!
Mahalo to GROG for inviting me to be a part of the fun, and for keeping this crazy dysfunctional tiki family affair going for 5 years strong!

Wonderful news about the new partnership! I can't wait to celebrate and toast to the continued awesomeness of the Tonga Hut!
Congrats and Thank You's all around. I think Sven said it best by far:
Quote:

On 2011-11-18 10:34, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wonderful! Kudos to Queen Kamehameha for continuing her policy of sponsoring artists and places that are part of Tiki history, helping to perpetuate the culture from within, by and for people who love it and are clued into what it represents - like a real queen would do it.

And now back to work~creating some really fun art pieces to share with you all. . .
Coconut Monkey Ornaments Maybe?
Lady Mai Kai Cocktail Trays?
Lovely Wahine Pendants?
Some Small-but-Sultry Velvet Paintings perhaps? . . .
**Photos Soon!**

And oh YES. . . . Cookie Contest Please!
Boris I would love to see you whip up a batch of those 'weird and doughy' GROG cookies too~they sound delicious. ;D

[ This Message was edited by: atomikitty 2011-11-20 23:49 ]

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2011-11-21 06:57 am   Permalink

Count me in for the cookie contest. I'll be pouring over episodes of My Drunk Kitchen for inspiration.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-19 18:44, little lost tiki wrote:
i vote that Kari IS the BEST LOOKIN COOKIE in TOWN!

Awww! You made my week, LLT! I better see you there!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation