FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
Woodtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-20 8:41 pm   Permalink

Such great stuff Michael! Love the Marquesan I picked up from you last weekend. So great to meet you at Oasis this year! Looking forward to seeing you more in the future and picking up some more of your stuff.

Woody

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-20 9:57 pm   Permalink

mike, it was great seeing you at tiki oasis. i love my massive maori warrior mug. those png lamps are just ridiculously good! keep up the great work.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-17 1:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Woody and Bullet! Great hanging out at Oasis and thank you for giving some of my pieces a great new home.
Now that Oasis is done, I'm moving away from the slip casting and back to handbuilding and throwing on the wheel. I'm starting a batch of Tahitian Towers to fill some orders next week, so if you see something you like, or want something in another color, please send me a PM or email (mikesbicca@yahoo.com) about pre-ordering.

Here's some of the first pieces I've finished.

First is a PNG drum mug. There's actually a couple little cracks where the handle meets the body so it's a vase or sculptural piece. I could also make it into a lamp.

This batch of guys was inspired by a cooking pot from the Wosera people. I believe the original piece was made out of a gourd.

This is a decanter or pitcher. It was inspired by a ceremonial dance mask, stands just over 11" inches tall, and holds 36 ounces.

Please visit my on-line store:
http://junglemodern.bigcartel.com/

or follow me on Instagram to see my day-to-day activity in the studio.
http://instagram.com/junglemodernceramics

Thank you for looking and for your continued support.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-07 2:31 pm   Permalink

So... hey everyone! Time flies when you're having fun!

Thank you to EVERYONE who has been supportive of my art over the last few years. This last year has been unbelievable and a lot of you are to thank. Moving forward, I hope to be a better contributor to the forum.

Thanks again for looking and enjoy the rest of your Labor Day!

This piece is the biggest I've ever attempted to throw on the potter's wheel. I started with about 19.5 pounds and ended with a pot, that weighed around 14, by the time I had trimmed and scraped off wet clay.

After I had my general shape. I hand built both headdresses and crocodile serpent handles.

I call this guy, "Sepalam," because he has two different masks, one being a more traditional Sepik River style make with the other being indicative of the Abelam people, also from the Sepik River region.

Crap! I just realized these are old pics...the Sepik River side is all inlaid with shells. Well, hope you enjoy. These still aren't finished as I've got handmade beads, that'll be laced up with jute yarn, giving the headdresses a little more presence.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-07 2:44 pm   Permalink

Man, awesome stuff. You are killing it.

Impressive feat to throw such a large piece. Look forward to seeing more pics. Thanks for posting/ updating, and hope to see you soon....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-07 2:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks for updating TRR, great progress!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-08 06:55 am   Permalink

I love your style. It's so different. It really looks like it came from a far away island. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-10 07:43 am   Permalink

Thank you Tiki Ano, Cy, and Wendy! Great seeing you all at Oasis! Cy, especially great getting to hangout and talk art with you and Jan on that final Sunday night. TA, mahaloz for the beer. It was much needed. Wendy, that cookie jar is amazing. Again, thank you so much for participating. Have a happy Thursday, everyone!

TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-14 7:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha friends Hope you all had a great weekend!

Here's a couple more projects I worked on over the summer.

First, is my "Unidentified Gray." I wanted to do something that fit the space-like themes of, The Atomic Tiki Terrors art show at Creature Features, and for Tiki Oasis, but wanted it to have some traditional elements.

They also display in non-decapitated form.

Thanks for looking and your comments are always appreciated.

These are something I did for fun and sold a few, so I've been making more.
Here are my #Tikiasfuck cups.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-15 10:58 am   Permalink

Your work is art. Beautifully done. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-22 09:16 am   Permalink

Thanks, Wendy! Love the Maori lamp you're working on.

Here's some of the first Sepik Phallacies and Papua-Loons, that I finished a couple months back. Most of these have homes, but there's still a few available.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-22 4:00 pm   Permalink

Way Kool Bruddah

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation