FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Roots Rocka's Clay Journal - New Stuff pg 11
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 09:35 am   Permalink

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for stopping by!
A couple months ago I took a cermics class to learn how to throw on the wheel. I feel like it's opened a whole new world for me to mess around with and it's taken this hobby to a whole new fun level.
Here are some more tumbler mugs and bowls that I've made on the wheel.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 09:51 am   Permalink

Wow, I took a whole semester of potter's wheel in college and I couldn't ever center the clay. I hand built all my projects and the teacher was not fooled. I got a C and was horrified. You are off to a great start. I sure love the hieroglyphic bowl it looks ancient. Everything looks great. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Wendy! Hope to see you and Dan at the next ITMP.
Here's some stuff I've been working on for the next one.

Have a great weekend!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-29 3:49 pm   Permalink

I really like the high fire clay and glazes. You have made some bowls that look like they should be in a museum. See you on the 6th. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

Mike, I missed the last batch. Some great stuff in the past 2 posts. Love the petroglyph bowls and I'm a little envious of the high fire glazes Keep up the good work. See you at Mojave Oasis again?
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-03 08:47 am   Permalink

Thanks for stopping by, Mike. Hope all is well.
I'm gonna try and make it to Mojave for Friday thru Saturday afternoon, but I won't know until the last minute. I'll be at Caliente for sure.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-03 10:14 am   Permalink

You've become a clay maniac! Good stuff. Keep producing.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hey GROG,
Thanks for stopping by and great seeing you at the ITMP!
Here's a few more pieces I haven't posted.
Hawaiian petroglyph of father & son fishing.

Tapa bowl in the same style.

Modern & primitive modern tapa bowls.

Turquoise coconut.

Thanks for stopping by!

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-16 10:24 am   Permalink

Hey Mike, the bowls are looking great! The Hawaiian father & son fishing is awesome. I really like the finish. Keep it up!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bavtech
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-18 11:12 am   Permalink

Your work keeps getting better.... Awesome work!

View Profile of bavtech Send a personal message to bavtech  Email bavtech Goto the website of bavtech     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-20 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you sirs!
Here's some stuff I did this week.

I started a Moai, but he turned Marquesan.

Leaning Moai with some moko in da face.

And, re-sculpting the Shaka Rocka. I usually add, then subtract, but I'm gonna try carving this one out, only adding when I screw up. Already gotta add some back on the toes.

Some big ass toes!!!

I made some bigger coconuts with thinner walls that are getting bisque fired.
Thanks for stopping by!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-26 10:35 am   Permalink

These are looking great. Have you done more steps? Wendy

TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Wendy, I've made a little more progress on the re-sculpt, but not much.
I'm trying to carve this without adding any clay, but it's looking like I'll have to add in a few places to get the depth I want.

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 4:49 pm   Permalink

Love the tribal pots, and the tikis are looking awesome! Great stuff!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 2:03 pm   Permalink

Hey TT, thanks for stopping by.
Here's another piece I got out of the kiln.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation