FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 07:32 am   Permalink

Hmmm, sounds like fun. Plane tickets....

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SailorJenny

Posted: 2011-12-06 9:42 pm   Permalink

Sounds fun! I'll be there to assist...and ready to help with whatever you need...for crucial things like well designed name tags Excited and ready!

View Profile of SailorJenny Send a personal message to SailorJenny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mariner
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-13 12:32 pm   Permalink

Is this going to be fun or What!
oops,forgot picture.

[ This Message was edited by: Mariner 2011-12-13 12:38 ]

View Profile of Mariner Send a personal message to Mariner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

Is anybody interested in arranged transportation for this? I have a few friends who want to rent maybe a big van or small bus so nobody has to worry about drinking and driving. I'm fine with organizing it if I can get some people on board. Please message me if you're in so I can get a head count and start researching prices.

Thanks!
Marion

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-14 12:44, marion-n-brad wrote:
Is anybody interested in arranged transportation for this? I have a few friends who want to rent maybe a big van or small bus so nobody has to worry about drinking and driving. I'm fine with organizing it if I can get some people on board. Please message me if you're in so I can get a head count and start researching prices.

Thanks!
Marion

Marion, great idea. But make sure to coordinate with April who started this thread. We don't want duplicate endeavors.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 10:36 am   Permalink

I organized a San Diego home crawl in 2005 as a prelude to our New Years Eve celebration. We used rental transport to keep everyone together and allow virtually all to drink.

It worked out well and most people who participated seemed to enjoy that format.

Here is a link to that event way back 5 years ago....

San Diego Home Crawl and New Years Eve 2005

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2011-12-15 10:39 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-15 11:48 am   Permalink

Big thank-you to Marion for looking into a bus/van for anyone who may be interested. As a reminder, the crawl organizers will *not* be providing transportation between homes, so you will need to make your own arrangements (driving, carpooling, cab fare, etc). If you think that the bus/van is the best option for you and want to get in on what Marion is looking into, hit her up.

To give everybody some more info on where we'll be going (and a little hint about what we'll get to see), the time frame will be as follows:
noon-1:00: Derek/Monkeyman's South Pacific Room
2:00-3:00
3:30-4:30
5:00-6:00
6:30-7:30
8:00-midnight: Matt Reese's Lava-Flow-Inn

Monkeyman's South Pacific Room is in Vista--I know, I know, it's not technically San Diego, but it is definitely worth the trek. Vista is about 45 minutes north of central San Diego; if this is farther than you want to drive, no problem--feel free to skip it and join in the crawl at stop number 2 (back in SD). But be aware that if you do skip it, this is the awesomeness you'll be missing:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35684&forum=20
This is the only stop on the crawl that isn't in San Diego proper.

For anyone still standing, Matt Reese will keep the party going until midnight at the Lava-Flow-Inn, which is more awesomeness:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=25372&forum=20&start=0
I'll provide the names of some motels in the vicinity of Matt's place, so if you're coming from out of town, or you live in town but aren't up for driving yourself home afterward, you'll know what's nearby.

I'm still finalizing which of the other four crawl stops will be in which time slot in between, but they're all within pretty short distance of each other (30 minutes will be more than enough time to get from house to house). More details to come.

Mahalo!
April

[ This Message was edited by: SoCalTikiGal 2011-12-15 12:32 ]

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mahalomo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-19 4:27 pm   Permalink

I'd love to take part in this but unfortunately don't have a tiki bar setup at my current pad. Will all be welcome, including those without hosting abilities?

Sounds fantastic!

Edit: Just realized I'll be in Maui that weekend. Hope this becomes annual and I can host next year if the world doesn't end in Dec 2012.

[ This Message was edited by: mahalomo 2011-12-19 16:28 ]

View Profile of mahalomo Send a personal message to mahalomo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-27 12:31 am   Permalink

I'd love to come down for this. Very open to riding the bar crawl short bus. Let me know. If you've got the space I'll make the time.

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-06 2:52 pm   Permalink

Hey party people!
I have some quotes for tiki transportation in the form of two different options, from which I will pick a final one based on the number of responses.

A big, basic, churchy-style van runs $20-25/person.

We also found the Big Woody bus (photo), which is quite a bit more in price, but its a pretty cool option if enough people are into the idea. That will run about $47-50/person. The cool thing about that, besides the super surfy styling is the fact that we can drink on the bus between stops since its a chartered service.

I want to book either option the first week of February, so I would love some feedback as soon as possible!

Thanks everybody!
-Marion

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 10:38 pm   Permalink

awesome ride

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-07 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-06 14:52, marion-n-brad wrote:
...The cool thing about that is the fact that we can drink on the bus between stops...

as if there won't be enough drinking at the stops!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-07 09:30 am   Permalink

Hi Marion,
That bus looks really cool.

If you go the bus route, consider one with a restroom.
I went on a bar crawl(not TC)without one and OH BOY!, not a happy crowd. (Yes, they cost extra)
There's a certain Dennys restaraunt we crashed where we're not welcome back at.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-12 1:45 pm   Permalink

Sooo? Who all is attending this thing? I've got figuring to do. Cleaning, preparing, mixing, heating etc.'ing. Do we have a list yet?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-12 5:02 pm   Permalink

Unga Bunga plus 1. YEEEEEHAW!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation