FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
San Diego Home Crawl, March 3
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-01 12:57 pm   Permalink

Not to cast a shadow over the event or anything but I was laid off from my regular job of 20 years today. Financially speaking, we may need to treat my place like a community effort. I am still stoked to have everyone coming over. Just might have to reduce the food to quesadillas or something.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-01 1:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 12:57, Matt Reese wrote:
Not to cast a shadow over the event or anything but I was laid off from my regular job of 20 years today. Financially speaking, we may need to treat my place like a community effort. I am still stoked to have everyone coming over. Just might have to reduce the food to quesadillas or something.

Matt, I'm so sorry to hear this--this is terrible news. Thanks for still being willing to host us all, and I'll bring along whatever I can to contribute.

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mariner
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-01 2:47 pm   Permalink

So sorry Matt. Sometimes these things turn out to blessings in disguise. We can celebrate a new chapter in your life!
Best Wishes!

View Profile of Mariner Send a personal message to Mariner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-01 4:13 pm   Permalink

The Brothers will take care of you Matt.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-01 5:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks gang. The glass is half full. Or in Buddhism, there is no glass. Major life change happening here.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-01 8:27 pm   Permalink

Hi Matt,
Very sorry to hear of your sudden unemployment. I went through a similar, no-warning job loss in 2006 and it was a while before I was blessed with the job I now have. You're right that the glass is still half full. This is just one of those seasons in life we all have to go through. I don't know what your chosen field is, but if you keep an open mind you might be surprised what opportunities can pop up...

Blessings to you, braddah.

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-01 9:51 pm   Permalink

Hey cats and kittens,
Saturday is looking like it's going to be a beautifully warm day! However, our party will be outdoors from 5-6 PM, right when it begins to get nippy so please remember to pack a sweater! Anybody who asks to borrow one will be forced to wear something from our collection of ugly Christmas sweater vests.

-Marion

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ken tiki

Posted: 2012-03-02 10:30 am   Permalink

If your looking for something to do the night before the TIKI CRAWL come on down to the Ken Club (4079 Adams ave. 619 284-2848)

FRIDAY MARCH 2nd
-----------------
THEE SWANK BASTARDS (LAS VEGAS) & (TIKI OASIS ROOM PARTIES)
THE WOOLY MAMMOTH
MOTHERS WORRY

STARTS AT 9:30

[ This Message was edited by: ken tiki 2012-03-02 10:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ken tiki 2012-03-02 10:32 ]

View Profile of ken tiki Send a personal message to ken tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-02 4:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 21:51, marion-n-brad wrote:
will be forced to wear something from our collection of ugly Christmas sweater vests.

-Marion

Like that's a threat??

See all you nutters tomorrow!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-02 8:42 pm   Permalink

Earlier this week one of my patients introduced me to a virus my immune system has never had the pleasure of meeting before and I, of course, introduced it to my wife. Having made enough introductions on it's behalf my wife and I will have to miss out on all the festivities.
Somebody take pictures!

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-03 09:23 am   Permalink

Today is the day! I can't wait to meet all of you and see your gorgeous homes.

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-03 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-03 09:23, Miss Hell wrote:
Today is the day! I can't wait to meet all of you and see your gorgeous homes.

Too bad the weather isn't nice

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-03 10:11 am   Permalink

Woohoo! Heading Southbound....See you all soon

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-03 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 12:57, Matt Reese wrote:

I am really sorry to hear the news Matt ... I'll be sending you Spermy Good Vibes your way !!! Sorry I wont be there. Love you Buddy !!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-03 11:19 am   Permalink

You guys have a good time without me :sigh: I'm workin'

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation