FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
Chunk Lamps by the original artist.10/11/14 Last items on Etsy. Roge is retiring.
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 08:00 am   Permalink

Roge thanks you bigbrotiki. It was so good to see you at Marketplace.

Mahalo Tiki has some of Roge's lamps and can ship them to your door.

Happy Holidays, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 09:15 am   Permalink

Time for an update. Roge is still taking orders on Etsy. He has this new design available. Check out this thread. He has a great history to read and lots for sale.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189645674/lantern-electrified-colored-rock-chunks?ref=shop_home_active_4

====================================================================
These are photos of Dan's vintage tiki lamp. Maybe Roge could put a Moai on one of his panels?

A flash sure shows the dust! Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-05-21 09:20 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-27 9:39 pm   Permalink

Sven's newest Tiki Pop book shows one of Roge's Chunk Lamps. Sven's book is huge and packed with delights. Roge's lamps are terrific.

Off facebook today I borrowed this photo that shows the size.

Check him out on Etsy. This is the link to Roge's work.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

I'm so happy to find one of Roge's Tiki Chunk Lamps in the book. I did the sculpt for the tikis on the sides.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-27 21:45 ]

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-28 08:28 am   Permalink

Here is a message from Roge/Roger. It looks like the treasures on Etsy and those for sale in Mahalo Tiki's shop are going to be the last that are available. Roge has an incredible history documented on this thread. If you haven't read it before check out the story starting on page one. It's been so much fun and we love our chunk lamps. Thank you so much Roge. Much love, Wendy

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

Hi Wendy,
I have about 20 lamps left and all are shown on etsy.com.
I am about out of resin and I doubt that I will buy any more. I will let you know when they have sold, etc.

Thanks so much for all your help over the years, you two are very special to give so much attention to the lamps. It has been an interesting trip for me. I have enjoyed talking to the many Tiki persons that picked up some hanging lamps. The Tiki people, along with others have come from all over the U.S., southern Florida to here in California. What a fun connection it has been.

Im still looking for someone in the greater Sacramento area that would like to learn and take over the making of the rock lamps.

Take care and love to you.Roger

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-28 08:29 ]

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-28 12:57 pm   Permalink

Wendy - I'm sad to read about Roger retiring from the lamp making business. I tell you if I lived closer to Sacramento I would take up his offer to teach somebody the art of making resin lamps. I'd really like to try my hand at this sort of thing.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-28 1:26 pm   Permalink

I hope someone comes forward and takes over making the lamps. I really enjoy mine with the Moai.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 19 days ago; 09:15 am   Permalink

Hi guys, I hope that someone will continue the tradition in the future. Wendy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/206706569/moai-swag-lamp-red-easter-island?ref=shop_home_active_1

He has one more with the Moai's left.

sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 3:40 pm   Permalink

thanks for the update Wendy, put in my order.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation