FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag prints for sale (not ebay)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Shag prints for sale (not ebay)
raven77

Posted: 2003-06-12 1:52 pm   Permalink

This message is specifically for the Suburban Hipster.

What the hell do you know about me? Answer: Nothing.
I forgot that you are a doctor and can assess my illness all the way from your couch.
I am sorry that I have somehow upset your happy little world.
Don't be so quick to judge that which you don't understand.
Mean people suck!

View Profile of raven77 Send a personal message to raven77      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 2:39 pm   Permalink

Er, this is just a very tiny idea...maybe it's stupid, but please don't tear my head off...

Maybe there could be a "Selling Tiki" area, separate from "Collecting Tiki"? Where ALL individuals, regular TC members and strangers who have interesting Tiki stuff for sale (NOT corporate entities, eg "The Time-Life Books History of Tiki Twelve Volume Set" or whatever) could post tiki-related items they have for sale without necessarily needing to become involved with the social aspect of TC...

I hear someone saying "but then fifty million people will try to sell things here"--true, maybe they will. But they're already bothering us, right? And then we could either ignore them or buy their stuff, and in any case we could avoid tedious threads like this one!

What I mean is, if it was a separate topic/thread/whachamacallit from Collecting, those of us who receive TC via email could choose not to receive it at all! and those who peruse the board online could choose to simply not look at it!

(And established TC members, eg Midnite, Mrsmiley, BK and so forth, would know that, if they preferred, they could just put their sale stuff in Collecting Tiki without risk of offending anyone.)

Because, frankly, I don't need someone to ingratiate themselves to me and become my email pal to simply sell me something I like. And maybe I don't WANT to be Raven77 or whoever's pal. Maybe I don't have time to read all their "hi, I'm...blah blah blah" introductory posts. Maybe I just would like to know what they have for sale, and if I don't want to buy it, they can go away without further wasting my time.

As SCD says, just my 2 coconuts...

Is there any merit to this idea at all? Maybe this could help deal with the problem constructively.

no kill i said the horta,

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 2:58 pm   Permalink

Tikivixen, Hanford,
I think the "Selling Tiki" forum is right on. I was halfway through a post recommending the same thing when I read Vixen's post. I really feel sorry for the well-intentioned when they get torn a new one for wandering into TC and doing what they think is following the right protocol. I, too, dislike the cases of blatant spamming, but the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality needs to be curbed.

OK, I'm done now.

-JTD

[ This Message was edited by: JTD on 2003-06-12 15:00 ]

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-12 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-12 13:52, raven77 wrote:
This message is specifically for the Suburban Hipster.

What the hell do you know about me? Answer: Nothing.
I forgot that you are a doctor and can assess my illness all the way from your couch.
I am sorry that I have somehow upset your happy little world.
Don't be so quick to judge that which you don't understand.
Mean people suck!

Apology accepted, Matt.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-06-12 4:14 pm   Permalink

Raven77, Suburban Hipster (and everyone):

Please refrain from discussing any "medical condition" aspect of the thread. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-06-12 17:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-06-12 22:56 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
raven77

Posted: 2003-06-12 10:40 pm   Permalink

This will be the last reply to this "thread"

I honestly apologize for any wrong doing.
I meant well, but obviously I was wrong.
You will never hear from me again, as I have asked to be removed from this forum. I wish everyone well. Good-bye

View Profile of raven77 Send a personal message to raven77      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-13 06:17 am   Permalink

Matt, Congratulations on your successful Ebay auction. You not only got your BIN price, you managed to sell the set to a buyer that already purchased the Blue Miles print from another seller. They say there's a Shag fan born every minute.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-28 12:15 pm   Permalink

The first auction appears to have fallen through, but here's attempt number two. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3532705584&category=20147

I still think that individual auctions and pics would be helpful.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 01:40 am   Permalink

Raven77:

Now who is "the ugly person writing the ugly messages?"

I also am leary of those who feel they must resort to a sob-story to excuse their behavior.

Lastly, have you ever considered that many of those on this board (like myself) already purchased their Shag prints at the Night of the Tiki opening?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 12:27 pm   Permalink

I'm not a hard-core Shag fan., but am still interested in your prints. I don't know what they look like unfortunately. Some pics would be the only way that I could consider them.
Thanks.
MC

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 4:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-12 13:52, raven77 wrote:
Mean people suck!

...and people who say "mean people suck" make perfeclty ordinary people want to kick 'em right in the jewels. Just a friendly bit o' advice...

, emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation