FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events La Luz de Jesus Gallery presents "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" - Art o' Brad Parker, July 6 - 29th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
La Luz de Jesus Gallery presents "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" - Art o' Brad Parker, July 6 - 29th
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 12:53 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
‎'Heard that tonight - July 29th was the gallery closing party - and I had the great luck that the owner Billy Shire got The Martini Kings to play LIVE exotica in the room with my tiki-art on the walls!!! WOW! ... oooohhh how amazing! Wish I could have been there for that!!! So, now anything that did not sell is coming back into my hands... or to the local gallery here on the Big Island that shows my work : the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. If you see something that caught your eye, didn't sell, you might want to message me and .. we can always make a deal before it gets shipped back to Hawaii (?!) Never hurts to ask! As my agent sez "Selling is better than shipping!"

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-07-30 00:54 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
A special thanks goes out to Billy Crooks for posting such wonderful photos on face-book of closing night of my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" in Los Angeles;

where the amazing exotica band "The Martini Kings" played LIVE, with my art as a back drop to their swank and sultry tunes.

The show was a hit, and I could not be happier! Really, this has been a thrilling high point in my career as a tiki-artist! My humblest, warmest, & Biggest Mahalo to The Martini Kings, curator Matt Kennedy, and Gallery owner Billy Shire, and to all the tiki-tribe, friends, and family who came out to show their love and support.
A-Lo-Ha!
Brad Tiki-shark Parker

I hope, and look forward, to getting another chance to create (even bigger, better, and more ultra-tiki-fied) art for such a special event at such a famous gallery in the future!
Mahalo nui loa!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-02 9:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The big ART show is over! (WHEW!)
Thank you and HUGE aloha to everyone who came and made this event such a great experience.

Now, my agent sez "It's better to be SELLING than SHIPPING".

So, take a look at what is still in the show and has not as yet sold. Now is the time to make "an offer", before we ship it back to HAWAII. My agent is in the mood for money not shelling out for shipping.

http://www.laluzdejesus.com/previousframes.html

Look at the show at the link above and contact the gallery, or my agent , Abbas, at info@tikishark.com. Make an offer - you never know! The Tiki Gods could smile and a Great deal could be made!

Big ALOHA!
Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 07:35 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"!!

Hey, some lucky son-of-a-sun, art-smart, patron has gotten a "real-deal-that-would-make-u-squeal" on a fantastic piece of original art !!!!

Your Eyes kid u not!

This is all due to the fact that they payed attention when I told you what my art agent said:
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

Yep, the big Los Angeles Hipster Art Scene Tiki Art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" is over. Over in a good way! We sold a LOT of art. Total hit. Big happy faces cause the out come was aces!

But, whatever did not sell, we would rather save on shipping art back to HAWAII - and just sell it here on the mainland: SO... we are willing to listen to "offers" from shrewd tiki-tribe folks who know NOW is the time that Green is King!
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm

Take a look see at what has not sold, and contact the gallery or my agent , Abbas, at info@tikishark.com.
The tiki gods are smiling on honest offers and you never know - this could be the perfect purchase that could shock you & make U have-ta' change your shorts!!!

Big BIG aloha! Thanks again to everyone who came out and supported us.

There's also super secret Great news about fantastic future art projects, but (shhhhh!) I'll save that news for later!

Just remember, Right Now my art agent, Abbas, is still saying "BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

A-lo-HA!
B tiki shark P

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 09:58 am   Permalink

so glad you had a great event and bummed i missed a second show by being out of town.....

my favorite piece!!!

http://www.tikimania.com/TCpost/ALshow/TN01web.jpg

well they are all blowing my mind...... crazy good painting, Amazing!
Well Done!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 3:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Crazy Al - you have recognized your own "tiki-man" design - my favorite bit of neck adornment - I own #13 of 24 of this "Bone Productions, Crazy Al" tiki pendant design,

I love this little guy and he often shows up in my work.

Here it swings from a Zombie in my latest work (this image is pencil on canvas & about to be painted)

It's about the only piece of self adornment I wear, but I wear it a lot, and it always gets a comment from folks saying how nice it is, and asking where did I get it. Then, I promptly claim I carved it... just kidding. I proudly tell them it's a "Crazy Al limited edition, and they should hunt for something by the artist on the net at Bone Productions on line at
http://www.tikimania.com/

Thanks and big Mahalo Crazy Al - your an inspiration and your work always compels me to work harder and try to reach your high level of tiki-treasure-talent.

www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-08-04 15:40 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 7:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!!! - that's what my art agent is saying.

..he sez it, and you save it!!
Hey, some lucky son-of-a-sun, art-smart, patron has gotten a "real-deal-that-would-make-u-squeal" on a fantastic piece of original art - one shown in the photo below!!!!

Your Eyes kid u not!
It was a deal so good the buyer fainted! PAssed right out! He had to be revived with smelling salts! ( .. of course he might have passed out because of all the the Mai Tais he'd been drinking). But, that has nothing to do with the ultra-swank deal he got!

ANYWHO, this is all due to the fact that this money wise art collector payed attention when I told you what my art agent, Abbas, said:
"BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"

Yep, the big Los Angeles Hipster Art Scene Tiki Art show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" is over. Over in a good way! We sold a LOT of art. Total hit. Big happy faces cause the out come was aces!

But, whatever did not sell, we would rather save on shipping art back to HAWAII - and just sell it here on the mainland: SO... we are willing to listen to "offers" from shrewd tiki-tribe folks who know NOW is the time that Green is King!
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm

Take a look see at what has not sold, and contact the gallery or my agent , Abbas, at info@tikishark.com.
The tiki gods are smiling on honest offers and you never know - this could be the perfect purchase that could shock you & make U have-ta' change your shorts!!!

Big BIG aloha! Thanks again to everyone who came out and supported us.

There's also super secret Great news about fantastic future art projects, but (shhhhh!) I'll save that news for later!

Just remember, Right Now my art agent, Abbas, is still saying "BETTER SELLING THAN SHIPPING!"
... and make a deal that is a steal!
A-lo-HA!
B tiki shark P

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-05 02:54 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Kustom Skate Decks!!
The ultimate Low-Brow Culture meets Skate Culture meets Tiki Culture.
$200.00 each. + s&h
Limited editions, Very few left - can maybe take a few more orders IF you act very quickly.
contact Abbas ,
info@tikishark.com

1.) Tales From the Tiki Lounge
2.) Creature From Kona
3.) Dracula Drinks ...a Mai Tai
4.) The Were Wolf of Waikiki
5.) Frankenstein goes to Hawaii
Comes with hard-ware to hang on the wall, and be the ultra swank "objects o' ART"!
(If u want the whole set of 4 Classic Monsters, maybe Abbas can cut u a deal - hey doesn't hurt to ask!)
ALOHA!
Brad Tiki-shark Parrker

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation