FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Forgotten Tiki Room
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Forgotten Tiki Room
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-21 12:40 am   Permalink

The green and the blue pieces in the middle of the shelf on the pic right above this, way cool.
Love all your art work....

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-21 12:58 pm   Permalink

@Hang10tiki. Thanks. That green tiki head is actually a shift knob done bt Van Chase. The blue shrunken head mug is made by Tiki Tony.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-15 2:01 pm   Permalink

So I wanted to share some of these cool photos and one new peice of art work that I got in the last few months. The story on these photos is that there is a guy I know named Scott. He goes by Captain Scott and he travels up and down the CA coast and searches for cool vintage surf items and all things associated. His wife has a whole bucnch of vintage surf mags, hawaiiana photos, etc. Very cool!!!!

From left to right. Paul Strauch, Joey Cabell, The Duke, Fred Hemmings, Butch van Artsdalen.

Paopao bay, Tahiti.

Lovely island girl.

BigToe, Tom Laura, How about a little head.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 7:29 pm   Permalink

This is the collage I got going on one of my doors. Just got some art from Dawn Frasier and hung up some vintage Aloha cards from Hawaii that date back to 1953-55.

[ This Message was edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-04-26 20:48 ]

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-10 8:47 pm   Permalink

Its been a few months since my last post. Here are some new additions to the tiki room.

Got this Bosko tiki mask and what seems too be a young Marilyn Monroe pin-up canvas. Loved it and had to have it. Purchased at tiki market place at Dons.

Cool little ebay find. Small Maori war club.

Doug Horne Swampfire mask also purchased at tiki market place.

I just made these tiki torch lamps myself. Always cool to have a fire effect in your tiki room.

Last a vintage wood fork and spoon pair I found at one of my local thrift stores.

I will have some more pics to follow. I plan to get a lamp built by Nelsons tiki hut that will probably be in the works this coming week.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-10 9:44 pm   Permalink

Hey that's my work, Hope you are enjoying it!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

@Atomic tiki punk. Know what. Thats funny. I thought that might have been you. I was all, "wondering if that was atomic tiki punk"? Since I did not know your face. Well. Good to meet you at Dons . That picture is awesome!! Is that Marilyn Monroe? Did not get a chance to ask you. Sure looks like her.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:40 am   Permalink

Yes I took it from that famous photo of Marilyn Monroe in the grass skirt
made the image into a digital painting & colorized it, Then transferred it to canvas
and made the Bamboo frame, I had it hanging in the "Atomic Tiki Lounge" for awhile
before we moved, one of a kind.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:42 pm   Permalink

Awesome man!!! That makes it even more special. Hanging it proud at the forgotten tikiroom. . Thanks again.

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 9:26 pm   Permalink

This is my recent find for my tiki room. I am so stoked too find this chair. I came across this at one of my local thrift stores. The lady that sold me the chair shared a cool story with me on how she used to own a chair like this and that the room it was in was covered in leapord print and such. Great to hear history like that from old-timers that actually were there in the mid-century when tiki took flight. Chairs like this are very hard to come by in my area. I have been searching and searching for one and finally found it.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-19 5:46 pm   Permalink

Great throne

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 5:29 pm   Permalink

Aloha guys!!! Well I changed some stuff around and added some new things to my Tiki room. Wanted too post some pics. Hope you guys like and enjoy.

This is my Rocket I had custom made by Chris Nelson of Nelsons Tiki hut. Great job Chris

My thatched A-frame I got from Bamboo Ben with some Ben Ohana, Bosko, and the thatched Tiki mug shelf also made by Ben.

Rattan shelf thrift store find to hold my liquor .

Cool Ku Tiki I got from my friend Captain Scott.

And just some rearrangment of one of my corners.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-05 6:17 pm   Permalink

Looks fabulous...and love the rocket ship!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 6:39 pm   Permalink

The Nelsons Tiki Hut lamp is the Bees Knees!
It is great your supporting all the swell Tiki artists from the scene.

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 8:27 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz VampiressRN and ATP. @ATP. Could not be happier to support you guys in the scene . Heres 2 more shots of the room lite up when its time to set the mood and let the exotica spin.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation