FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hang10tiki stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Hang10tiki stuff
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 12:24 pm   Permalink

"Monoh optika Tiki"

Looks good so far.... keep at it.

Thank you for sharing!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 11:28 pm   Permalink

Now that's what I call deep carving! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 11:24 am   Permalink

It looks great, H10. You appear to have a specimen of the rare Cyclopean Tiki* in your backyard.

*Did you know the name Cyclops refers to the roundness of the eye and not to the singularity? This useless information brought to you by Professor G. It's what I do.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 8:17 pm   Permalink

McTiki- Thanx for lookin
Wendy- glad u like
ProfG- Thanx for the cyclops lesson but it was not grabbing me, hope I didn't mess it up....

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 8:41 pm   Permalink

I wasn't encouraging you to leave it as a cyclops; I just thought it looked like one. I would never ask a Brother of the Blue Bobs Society to carve in an unTiki manner.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 11:36 pm   Permalink

You'll have to carve deeper than the knot in order to get rid of it, or figure out some way incorperate it in the design. Personally, I would used it as an eye, and carved another one just like it to balance out the other side of the face. Yeah, the tiki would be facing out at an angle, but that could lead to some fairly interesting inspirations.
When the trunk finally dies and it dries out, it's gonna be splitting like a MotherF*cker anyway, so it may not even matter that you "get rid of" the knot...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-25 4:22 pm   Permalink

Bamboo must be drinkin foo foo drinks at the skatepark but, he used to say things like "fire" when something broke or was unsalvageable....I personally don't feel this one is ready for that fate. I agree that it can be one or two eyed. It just depends on the amount of time you spend crafting the approach and executing it to its perfection and stunning us all with its brilliance!

But yeah......it's gonna crack like a mother effer!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-26 03:33 am   Permalink

Nice effort hangar, great progress shots too. You're doin it right by letting it rest and gel in yer mind before hacking it up. A solution will appear just don't let that knothole demand to be something you don't want. Cool stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-10 1:12 pm   Permalink

Prof G- As a member of the Blue Bob order, u can say what ever u like...

TikiLee- Took a while to figure out what to do, hope it works. Glad to c u carvin again.
Not splitting yet, fingers crossed.

McTiki- Yea I held off on tossing him into the flames yet.

BENZART- (wow, its an honor just to have u look) Thanks for the words. Hope you are having a fast recovery.

Update:

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 08:49 am   Permalink

I have made fire...

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 7:20 pm   Permalink

dude, that's a pretty good body.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-12 04:01 am   Permalink

Those eyes turned out great! Nice improvise.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 05:49 am   Permalink

Like it, good solution to the knot. It looks a bit ape like now, reminds me of king kong!

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-17 2:32 pm   Permalink

5150- thanx bruddah and thanx for all the tips...

Amate- yeah the eyes came out ok, had me worried for a while...thanx

Atomic mess- he does have a bit of a KONG look, hope he doesn't climb on my roof...

Day off so I got some work done...

STAIN

FEZ TIME

BREAK TIME

SEASHELL EYES

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

Dude! Way to go!

Mahalo

McTiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation