FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut: Exotica Sunday with Tom, Syd & Ian starting at 4pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tonga Hut: Exotica Sunday with Tom, Syd & Ian starting at 4pm
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-01 8:02 pm   Permalink

Yesterday was a great time!
I had never met a single one of you before the event, but felt like I had 30 new friends by the time I left. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Also wanted to say thanks again to those who stopped by to chat,take a look at my shop, or made a purchase. Enjoy the Aloha shirts!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-02 12:09 am   Permalink

Wow, what a fun time we had yesterday! Thanks Amy and Jeremy for hosting this great event.
And after looking at Joe Banks' and Tonga Tom's pics we wanna go back and do some more shopping!
Picked up a killer-diller aloha shirt from TikiRootsRocka (thanks again, Mike!)

And what a great set by Marty Lush and the Latin Livers
(seen here with Tonga Hut's own axe-man Jeremy who shredded on "Oye Como Va")

If Marty and the Livers can't make you want to dance - who can?

WHO was everyone MESMERIZED by?
(my eyes are still burning...)

Yes, it is MARTY LUSH - MAN OF LUUUUV!!!

More photos please! More cowbell!

p.s. props to Joe Banks for posting the set opener on YouTube - NICE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpl6N4bD7JY

Aloha!
Glenn & Carol

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 05:27 am   Permalink

Is that the "Bum" in the yellow shirt and hat?

Thanks for the pictures!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 07:25 am   Permalink

That "bum" is the one and only brilliant tiki carver Tiki-Ray!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-02 12:52 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ray DOES look a bit like Beachbum Berry in that photo!
----------------------------------------------------
Thanks everybody for coming to the event, supporting the Tonga Hut, Tiki Magazine, and the vendors. Thanks to those of you that drove all the way up from San Diego and those who came all the way down from the Bay area (Dan and Wendy, and Sandra Dee).

Marty Lush and the his Latin Livers put on a killer show as usual. Thanks Jeremy and Amy for hosting the the Tiki Mag release party, and all the bartenders and the barback for the excellent drinks and service. Thanks Tonga Tom for designing the fliers, DJaying out in the parking lot, and documenting the event in photos. Thanks Kari for the chocolate. And, good seeing you out in public again Atomikitty. We're deeply sorry to hear about the passing of Adam's dad last week. And, thanks Dave and Rebecca from Purple Orchid for coming out and supporting fellow Tiki Bars.

This is one of the best Tiki Mags so far, thanks Nick. And, thanks for suggesting we have the release party at the Tonga Hut (which has an article in the magazine), and that we have Marty Lush and the Latin Livers perform (also in the magazine), and that we have vending at the event (with many artists who have been in the magazine). Thanks Brad Ableson, awesome Simpsons artist and co-creator of GOOD VIBES on MTV. The poster art you did with caricatures of so many people from the Tiki community is awesome. Congratulations on the show (with a Tiki Bar in it) and congrats on the article in Tiki Magazine., and thanks for coming to hang with us at Tonga Hut.

Thanks to vendors for vending for such a long day with a little pissy weather at the beginning. Next time we're definitely starting the vending a bit later in the day. And thanks Taco Lady for keeping us fed all day with the delicious Mexican food.

Big thanks to Ken Ruzic for not coming out and ruining the event for everybody.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 1:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-02 12:52, GROG wrote:
Tiki Ray DOES look a bit like Beachbum Berry in that photo!
----------------------------------------------------
Thanks everybody for coming to the event, supporting the Tonga Hut, Tiki Magazine, and the vendors. Thanks to those of you that drove all the way up from San Diego and those who came all the way down from the Bay area (Dan and Wendy, and Sandra Dee).

Marty Lush and the his Latin Livers put on a killer show as usual. Thanks Jeremy and Amy for hosting the the Tiki Mag release party, and all the bartenders and the barback for the excellent drinks and service. Thanks Tonga Tom for designing the fliers, DJaying out in the parking lot, and documenting the event in photos. Thanks Kari for the chocolate. And, good seeing you out in public again Atomikitty. We're deeply sorry to hear about the passing of Adam's dad last week. And, thanks Dave and Rebecca from Purple Orchid for coming out and supporting fellow Tiki Bars.

This is one of the best Tiki Mags so far, thanks Nick. And, thanks for suggesting we have the release party at the Tonga Hut (which has an article in the magazine), and that we have Marty Lush and the Latin Livers perform (also in the magazine), and that we have vending at the event (with many artists who have been in the magazine). Thanks Brad Ableson, awesome Simpsons artist and co-creator of GOOD VIBES on MTV. The poster art you did with caricatures of so many people from the Tiki community is awesome. Congratulations on the show (with a Tiki Bar in it) and congrats on the article in Tiki Magazine., and thanks for coming to hang with us at Tonga Hut.

Thanks to vendors for vending for such a long day with a little pissy weather at the beginning. Next time we're definitely starting the vending a bit later in the day. And thanks Taco Lady for keeping us fed all day with the delicious Mexican food.

Big thanks to Ken Ruzic for not coming out and ruining the event for everybody.

Great job Ernie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernie did an amazing job setting up the vendors and artists. Marty and the Latin Livers was totally terrific! I want to thank everyone who came out in the bad weather and the cold weather to join us! I agree it was great to see all the regulars and all who traveled from down south, Cory, and Susan Nelson, Karen Adler, Dr Z, Sabu, David and Rebecca, And Sandra Dee who cameall the way from SF!

So big thanks to all from me and Jeremy.

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-04-02 13:03 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2012-04-02 1:16 pm   Permalink

Please keep your eyes out for The Mighty Woo's Ape mug that got lost at the Tonga Hut. It looks like the mugs Rory has posted on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/rorysnyder/m.html?hash=item3cc47900ff&item=260994302207&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_trksid=p4340.l2562

(Told you they were going up on ebay if they didn't all sell out at the Tonga Hut).

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2012-04-02 13:17 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 2:05 pm   Permalink

and 3 already SOLD for over$100 each....your window has closed on saving

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-02 07:25, Joe Banks wrote:
That "bum" is the one and only brilliant tiki carver Tiki-Ray!

Sorry, my apologies to Tiki-Ray if offended. None intended.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-04-02 3:22 pm   Permalink

Here's some more vending photos...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-04-02 3:43 pm   Permalink

And, more vending photos...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-04-02 3:45 pm   Permalink

A few sound check photos...

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 5:12 pm   Permalink

No problem West. Ive been called worse . My wife Cindy standing next to me says Im an egomaniac with an inferiority complex . And that shirt Im wearing is an official tour guide shirt from the Polynesian Cultural center in Oahu from the 70s .Sweeet !

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2012-04-02 17:19 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-02 10:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I wanted to say thank you to Amy, Jeremy, Ray, Ernie and all of the staff at the Tonga Hut for making the Tiki Mag release party a success. Thanks to Marty and his Latin Livers for a great show. It was so great seeing everyone as "Tiki Season" is officially kicked off. It was my first time at the Tonga Hut since the remodel and it looks great. Special thanks also to Brad Ableson, one of the creators of Good Vibes, for his Tiki art and incredible poster.

Hope to see everyone soon,

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:57 am   Permalink

Such a great weekend surrounded by so many great friends!
The only problem living in the Bay Area is its about 5 hours too far from the Tonga Hut

The bar looks fantastic, the drinks were superb, the staff was fast and friendly, the vendors all braved the rain and it seemed in doing so made some great sales, I got to meet a few tiki people who I have missed being introduced to so far which was a treat, the new issue of Tiki Magazine is the best yet!, Marty Lush was...well..Marty Lush, the Latin Livers were amazing, it was great to see Jeremy join in on guitar, I loved the Rhum Rhum Club (except next time someone make sure that Rory "cleanses his pallet" with something non-alcoholic between tastings, ok?), and overall if it wasn't for places like the Tonga Hut and the people who hang out there coming down to LA would be a hell of a lot less fun so thank you!

Hope to see you sooner rather than later my friends xoxox

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2012-04-03 07:59 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation