FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mark Your Calendars: International TIKI Market Place-October 11 at Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 Next Page )
Mark Your Calendars: International TIKI Market Place-October 11 at Don the Beachcomber
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 06:05 am   Permalink

Thanks for the fine pictures heylownine, I don't think I have seen Lucas this happy in a while
he was playing the music he loves.

Great to see Ben, Doug, Kinny, BigToe,Tiki Al, Sven, Tony, All of the Ding Dong Devils
Go Tiki, HappyChi, Roger, Hotiki, Matt, Jason and everybody else in the same room, doing what they do.

Hope Maui Rose is enjoying her new Mug Shelves, Too.

Hope you all got some good deals
Keep it Tiki, ya all!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 07:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 06:05, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Thanks for the fine pictures heylownine, I don't think I have seen Lucas this happy in a while
he was playing the music he loves.

true enough! I have loved hawaiian music since the early 80's, when I lived there. That love has never gone away! I just consider myself lucky to play it, and to play it at DONs! (which like the other poster said, makes me feel like there is a hawaiian beach right across the street!)

Fun day for sure! I had numerous Gin and Tonics (I Know, a tiki speciality!) and the food was great as usual!

Thank you Dons, thank you Art Syder, Thank you Soccer, thank you vendors, and thank you friends!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2012-03-05 07:56 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 08:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 07:24, lucas vigor wrote:

...true enough! I have loved hawaiian music since the early 80's, when I lived there. That love has never gone away! I just consider myself lucky to play it, and to play it at DONs! (which like the other poster said, makes me feel like there is a hawaiian beach right across the street!)

Fun day for sure! I had numerous Gin and Tonics (I Know, a tiki speciality!) and the food was great as usual!

Thank you Don's, thank you Art Snyder, Thank you Soccer, thank you vendors, and thank you friends!

And THANK YOU to The Smokin' Menehunes!!!! Bong, Mick and Pat, you guys are great!!! You really set the mood and tone for our event! I can't tell you how many people came up to me and said the music was perfect!!! And putting you guys in front of the waterfall in the Hidden Village was like putting icing on the cake! (A perfect match!)

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 09:30 am   Permalink

What a great event: To see the two back rooms used and filled to capacity was wonderful! Great authentic Tiki environs, amazing Tiki art and wares, good friends, yummy food and drinks, wonderful music...what more can one ask for!

I was thrilled to sell my ole 60s Tiki longboard to Art for decorating Don's:

(My Rav pretending to be a "Woody" in front of Don's)

But even as a vendor, one has to watch out to not leave the money one made at the other tables!
I can never resist the vintage look of Lake Surfer's carvings:

...and so I walked away with this cool rope-framed Kon-Tiki mask:

..and also inexplicably fell in love with Tiki Al's resin cast of this Coco Joe's classic :

Thank You SoccerTiki and Art for putting on another great Tiki Marketplace!

P.S.: Please do yourself a favor and go back to the previous page to view heylownine's most EXCELLENT eye candy images of all the folks and fun at this event!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-03-05 09:41 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 08:32, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-05 07:24, lucas vigor wrote:

...true enough! I have loved hawaiian music since the early 80's, when I lived there. That love has never gone away! I just consider myself lucky to play it, and to play it at DONs! (which like the other poster said, makes me feel like there is a hawaiian beach right across the street!)

Thank you Don's, thank you Art Snyder, Thank you Soccer, thank you vendors, and thank you friends!

And THANK YOU to The Smokin' Menehunes!!!! Bong, Mick and Pat, you guys are great!!! You really set the mood and tone for our event! I can't tell you how many people came up to me and said the music was perfect!!! And putting you guys in front of the waterfall in the Hidden Village was like putting icing on the cake! (A perfect match!)

You are VERY welcome Chris! Thank you so much for having us!

And Sven, that picture of you leaning against the bar has just got to be on the backflap of your next book!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 10:10 am   Permalink

My bf Donny and I had a great time while we could... as some of you know, he had an allergic reaction and we had to leave for about an hour.... but we managed to return and snag a few great items before the event was over. Cant wait to see and buy more at the upcoming tiki events! Great job to all that were involved.

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 12:14 pm   Permalink

Super MAhalos to Everyone who brought a little Bamboo Ben back home with them!!! And Super MAhalos to Everyone else too!!! What a day! I'm beat. See ya'll April Fools? If that's the next one, should be interesting....

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCalTikiGal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-05 2:35 pm   Permalink

This event looks amazing! Clearly, the next one is not to be missed!

View Profile of SoCalTikiGal Send a personal message to SoCalTikiGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 14:35, SoCalTikiGal wrote:
This event looks amazing! Clearly, the next one is not to be missed!

Agreed, I am sorry I missed this! I will make the next one for sure!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 4:03 pm   Permalink

What a Great Tiki event that Soccer Tiki put together , Ohana was in the air. Thanks to all the Tiki people that attended, in one of the nicest Tiki Bar and restaurant around that serves a variety of Tiki drinks and great food -DON THE BEACHCOMBER-. What a great variety of items for sale, with some of the best Tiki Artist around. Be sure to set the date of April 1 for the next International Tiki Market place at DTB. It was like being in Hawaii with the great Hawaiian Band that played. Also , a new shipment of
Gecko Tiki mugs will be at the next show . This event is like being in Hawaii with music, food, drinks,
and a great assortment of Tiki Items. Thanks again Chris "SOCCER TIKI" for providing Southern Calif. close and affordable with this event.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 6:50 pm   Permalink

Sunset Beach, California...it was a nice day outside and really great inside Don the Beachcomber! If you couldn't make it, here's some more of what you missed @ the ITMP.

Yep, all that and a birthday cake too!!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 8:01 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 8:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone that stoppped by & checked out my lamps. It was nice talking to each of you. I'll have a few new ones on April 1st. Thanks again to Chris for putting this together. The DTB staff was great all day long. The Smokin' Menehunes were awesome all day long. You guys to bring CD's I'd buy one for sure.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 8:27 pm   Permalink

Mahalos Mahalos to all that attended! And to Chris and Art for pullin this all together! it was such a BLAST seeing all youse fellow arteests and vendors! And it was quite a delight to meet some new friends there! A big Hug to all y'alls that adopted an LLT piece o art! You kids snagged some of my favorites!
will post pictures when i'm feeling less lazy.....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 07:30 am   Permalink

as promised...
some crappy pictures taken at an Awesome Event!
Read em and Weep!
i made sure to get folks at their WORST!
the behind the scenes
seamier side
of the Tiki Community vending underworld....
i even tried to catch Tiki Tony eating!
madness.....pure madness....

www.kenruzic.com will be up someday... I'm on FaceBook Tho! and HERE!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=0&2769

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2012-03-06 07:31 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation