Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki looking for info on a huge witco piece
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
looking for info on a huge witco piece
michelelh

Posted: 2012-02-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

I am looking for info on this piece, when was it was made...are there similar pieces out there( was it part of a certain collection or does it have a name ect.) Also its so amazing I just wanted to share.

[ This Message was edited by: michelelh 2012-02-25 18:14 ]

I just realized others have pics inserted that you can see, i cut and pasted per directions put my pictures are not showing up...I have never posted to a forum before so I'm kinda winging it, any suggestions?

[ This Message was edited by: michelelh 2012-02-25 18:19 ]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed img bb code - 2012-02-25 19:18 ]

View Profile of michelelh Send a personal message to michelelh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2012-02-25 7:22 pm   Permalink

It looks like when you pasted the links from the "add images" page, you left out the BB code bookending the links. To see the proper code, click on the edit button of your post and you'll see "img" and "/img" in brackets.

Now go to the "Introductions" thread and introduce yourself!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&3342

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jd_mart

Posted: 2013-06-22 11:32 am   Permalink

I have this same piece and am looking for any information anyone may have on it. On the back there is W-515, I think this may be a catalog number but I'm not sure. Any idea what is worth? I may be willing to sell it.

View Profile of jd_mart Send a personal message to jd_mart      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 12:20 pm   Permalink

You may have better luck on info and pricing over on Viking Central. We pretty much stick to tiki items on this forum.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-22 1:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-25 17:54, michelelh wrote:
( was it part of a certain collection or does it have a name ect.) Also its so amazing I just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck in finding info.

Cute kid.

Also........

etc. is short for "etcetera" which is what you meant in the sentence above. Ect is short for Electroconvulsive therapy ----The Spelling Police.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-06-22 13:03 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-22 1:06 pm   Permalink

Those Spelling Police must have been on a donut break! Showing up to the scene of the crime a year and a half late

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-06-22 1:21 pm   Permalink

The Spelling Police are just making an example of this offender so that others may learn from this mistake and not commit the same crime. Now off to the donut store.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jd_mart

Posted: 2013-06-22 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-22 12:20, tikigreg wrote:
You may have better luck on info and pricing over on Viking Central. We pretty much stick to tiki items on this forum.

Is there a Viking Central? I searched for it on Google but no luck.

View Profile of jd_mart Send a personal message to jd_mart      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 2:24 pm   Permalink

Sorry but you've run into a bunch of comedians here, There really is no other forum to show off and discuss Witco than this one. Thing is, just because it's Witco doesn't mean it's collectable. The only thing that floats peoples' boat here, (and out there in the collectors world) is either Tiki, Tribal, or Modernist Witco (certain pieces), and your piece is none of these. Though the welded metal pieces are not common, and there are certain ones that are cool, I don't think anyone will speak for this one - sorry.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jd_mart

Posted: 2013-06-22 3:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-22 14:24, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry but you've run into a bunch of comedians here, There really is no other forum to show off and discuss Witco than this one. Thing is, just because it's Witco doesn't mean it's collectable. The only thing that floats peoples' boat here, (and out there in the collectors world) is either Tiki, Tribal, or Modernist Witco (certain pieces), and your piece is none of these. Though the welded metal pieces are not common, and there are certain ones that are cool, I don't think anyone will speak for this one - sorry.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 9:24 pm   Permalink

A "Viking Funeral" is in order, ODIN!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-22 11:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-22 13:21, GROG wrote:
The Spelling Police are just making an example of this offender so that others may learn from this mistake and not commit the same crime. Now off to the donut store.

Wowie, Wow, Wow!
I do most of what is on your offender list. I think your is one of them, can I use yer instead?
Sorry, Guess I should be locked up, Not good with the grammar thing.
My wife is though and she helps me when it is an item of importance, ect...
See I used to put ECT...
I will always remember you when I write that from now on, Kinda cool.
You are very good for a caveman.

Some of the most interesting people I have ever met were not well "educated" but they were
very smart in ways of the world and had great life lessons and stories to tell.
Bill Sapp quit college to start up the Kahiki.
And then some of the biggest bores were the college professors that were so impressed with their
standing in life and their colleagues that they did not see or hear the great life lessons that
These less "educated" could show them.
I would rather poke out my ear drums than to hear them talk for even one second.

Thank you, I do learn day by day from the corrections you post.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-06-22 11:48 pm   Permalink

The Spelling police can forgive many common misspellings and bad grammar, but certain things are pet peeves and ect. is one of them.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 07:20 am   Permalink

I hear you GROG.
One of my pet peeves was when my dishwashers
would put the towel that they used to dry silverware
with on there shoulder, right by their hair.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 05:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-23 07:20, tikiskip wrote:
I hear you GROG.
One of my pet peeves was when my dishwashers
would put the towel that they used to dry silverware
with on there shoulder, right by their hair.

*snicker*

Your a funny guy.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation