FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 2:58 pm   Permalink

Little tip for TO attendees: When checking the weather on weather.com, make sure to realize there is a San Diego, TX. We were shocked and saddened when we checked, we saw the weather was going to be 100 and thunderstorms. Luckily, I double checked the next day.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 4:09 pm   Permalink

Don't miss Atomikitty and I as we turn into Secret Agent Go-Go Twins, Kitty Moonstone & Miss Intrigue during the headlining band on Saturday night, The Untouchables! 9:00pm sharp!!

Be there or we'll have to......well, I'll just let your minds wander.

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl 2012-08-13 16:11 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 4:18 pm   Permalink

Who's excited to see the Barbwires at Oasis ?? I know I am. This is a real big deal.

Here's what Ivan Pongracic (of the Madeira) had to say in Continental Magazine:

"Swedish surf trio the Barbwires' new album Searider is one of the most significant albums in the history of surf music. It is certainly the most ambitious work in surf music in decades. It breaks new ground by augmenting the band with a mini-orchestra performing sophisticated arrangements...the songs abound with spirit and imagination and explode with melody and energy. The album succeeds on every level and sets a new standard for songwriting, performance, arrangements, even sound quality."

What's their inspiration for such innovation ?? I have a big hunch. Here's a picture of the band during a California visit in 2007...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 01:08 am   Permalink

aloha!
my band Los SeaFinks is playing 2 room parties on friday night, we would LOVE to play one/some on saturday. if anyone has a room party and is interested, email me! we are the first band to play in this video. to those who forgot or missed it we were the band playing in the courtyard last year. stoked!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etT8J6y76uY

tikithomas08@gmail.com

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-14 12:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-03 21:16, babydoe wrote:
Get CREATIVE!! Join the briefcase contest at Tiki Oasis! Drop off your briefcase in the Art Gallery by 12 noon, prizes are awarded at 2pm. Who are the judges? The Agents of Aloha of course!!

I'm workin' on a briefcase

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-14 12:03, MadDogMike wrote:

I'm workin' on a briefcase

You??

Never would I have thought that

I am sure yours will be edible, can be used as a camper, can be hung on a wall and is covered in a glass mosaic

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-14 12:58 pm   Permalink

BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .

As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis OPS

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-14 3:50 pm   Permalink

to: ALL AGENTS

from this point forward, all terrestrial synchroniation will be posted in PDT (UTC-007)

OPERATION BALI HAI commences 16 Aug 1900h.
Those not attending EXEC or OPS briefing will be responsible for reviewing the following reports:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage

Two other classified documents will be included in dossier.
Stay thirsty and seven sailors will call.

Director, COMINT OPS
HB/mm

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 4:09 pm   Permalink

2 more hrs at work
Then it's off for Rum n fun...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 4:49 pm   Permalink

Attention to all Secret Agents:
Be on the lookout for the Tangaroa Triplets. Intelligence suggests they are en route to Tiki Oasis. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT accept a cocktail from these diabolic dames! Rondevu and intercept at the Tiki Oasis Art Show and Artist Reception 2012 . . . . End transmission.

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-14 5:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha All,

I have an extra VIP ticket...pm me if interested....

or better yet...email at
aquaticsafari@gmail.com

Mahalo,
John

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 9:56 pm   Permalink

For the first time!!! Lava Flow tiki mugs!! Collaboration between MP and REESENIK. Find us friday at the preview indoor vending at my Finknik booth. Limited run of 30. First 15 available exclusively at Tiki Oasis. Second run of 15 to be announced at a later date. $50 each limit one per customer. First come first served basis only! Very, very excited to finally have been involved with a mug design, and who better to work with than MP himself? See you crazy kats and dolls this weekend.

Lava black glaze

LavaFlow down the back (pre glazed)

Peace with every step.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 11:12 pm   Permalink

PART 8
Real Life Spies

The most famous man youíve never heard of, Alfred Loomis is the central subject of Jennet Conantís other Sci-Fi Spy book with the extremely long name, Tuxedo Park: A Wall Street Tycoon and the Secret Palace of Science That Changed The Course of WW2.

Loomis decided to seriously investigate way-out concepts like time bending, x-ray vision, telepathy, parallel universes, ultrasonography, artificial intelligence, encephalography, atom smashing, brain waves and quantum molecular theory.

Instead of hiring cheap college kids, he did the exactly right thing and hired the top men in every field, raiding universities for physicists from every field, then throwing bizarre projects at them in totally unrelated fields, while having them live for free in a beautiful park setting, playing tennis and fishing most of the time.

It worked.

Suddenly, against everyones expectations but Alfredís, they got results.

After Pearl Harbor hit the fan, Jennet Conantís book suggests that at the very highest levels every war and life lost on the American side was planned as a delaying action, a top-secret misdirection to buy time in the feverishly serious secret war to invent the atomic bomb before the Germans did.

Guess where the physicists met to discuss their work?

The original Trader Vicís.

And Tuxedo Park became the genesis of every high tech park to come, eventually expanding into MIT and UC Berkeley and inventing every spy tool you can think of, from Radar to automatic tracking of incoming missiles to GPS to the atom bomb itself.

Itís absurdly ironic that anti-war vegan friendly happie hippie Berkeley was basically the highest technology arms manufacturer of WW2; ground zero for enriched uranium and plutonium production. But apparently Berkeleyís always been a bit strange...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 11:30 pm   Permalink

Don't forget this mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUOw1NrCnPA

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2012-08-14 11:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-14 23:30, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Don't forget this mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUOw1NrCnPA

This will be great!

And while we're at it, here's another mission that everyone reading this should help out:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/227150295/lost-in-paradise
I know I have.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation