FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-18 00:03, belinda wrote:
hello. does anyone remember the price for tickets : VIP thurs - sat including mug & all symposiums ?
(im trying to quasi - budget)
thanks!

http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/tickets/

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
belinda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-18 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-18 09:40, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-18 00:03, belinda wrote:
hello. does anyone remember the price for tickets : VIP thurs - sat including mug & all symposiums ?
(im trying to quasi - budget)
thanks!

it doesnt list the price! only "sold out"

View Profile of belinda Send a personal message to belinda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-19 11:51 am   Permalink

The price wont be the same year to year because the ticket prices change based on what your ticket package includes.

Seems that the new TO website goes live to purchase tickets around the end of April so most likely that won't change so keep checking the link that was posted because it will update to the 2012 event.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
belinda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-20 11:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-19 11:51, SandraDee wrote:
The price wont be the same year to year because the ticket prices change based on what your ticket package includes.

Seems that the new TO website goes live to purchase tickets around the end of April so most likely that won't change so keep checking the link that was posted because it will update to the 2012 event.

------im just loooking for a general idea; was each tic $150 ? (all symposiums & mug)

View Profile of belinda Send a personal message to belinda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 1:04 pm   Permalink

I certainly do not know the pricing for 2012, but Belinda, I think if you budgeted $150 to about $250 you would be in the ballpark for the events/mug and then if you have left over from that...SHOP!!!

I am trying to figure out my budget too (transportation, rooms, food & beverage, event wristband/mug, shopping) it can be a challenge indeed, so putting money aside starting now is critical.

SHOPAHOLIC...Hmmmm...what kind of loot will I be able to fit in my car for the ridE back to my lair.

ROOM PARTY...Stocking up on booze now for the room party, still need to perform cocktail experiments. The last one I tried tasted like prune juice...that won't work..LOL. Got our hostess outfits about 75% done. Need to figure out what kind of room decor will support our theme. Working on the swag too.

BALCONY FOR ME...Hoping I get a good balcony room as my back is so whack I just don't make it around well any more. I love watching the bands from the balcony, the sound is great up there and it is fun to see the whole crowd partying down in front of the stage.

I'm in the Oasis mood!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 2:51 pm   Permalink

Well here we are its nearing the end of March. We are hard at work getting the volunteer gigs put together (amongst other things such as classified and classified). If you are interested in being part of the CLASSIFIED Tiki Oasis 2012 Volunteer Crew please send an interest email to: volunteers4tikioasis@gmail.com.

WE ARE NOT ASSIGNING ANY POSITIONS AT THIS TIME. If you are a veteran from last year, you will get first dibs to gigs that you did last year. I mean, why not! You did a great job! There's going to be a few changes and "classified" developments that will make this year a whole lot of fun. So keep those secure channels secure.

Be patient there’s a lot to do as we move forward.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 10:50 pm   Permalink

a reminder, since John O, posted it for me here on Tiki Central
If yer coming from far away, and wanna make a whole week of fun in the California
Sun.
Check out my Surf Guitar 101 convention, Sat. Aug. 11th in Los Alamitos,
between OC and Long Beach.
more info here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42592&forum=17&6

info on facebook:
Event Invitation:
http://www.facebook.com/events/374661459211947/

Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/SG101Convention

then hit the beach, or Disneyland, of many of the local Tiki Bars,
then head down to San Diego for Tiki Oasis.

I was blown away last year, to talk to around 20 people at Tiki Oasis, that said they were visiting from Out of state, and went to the SG101 convention, the week before,
then came to Tiki Oasis.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 10:00 am   Permalink

Isn't this the TIKI OASIS thread?
I'm sure Otto and Baby Doe who spend an entire year planning Oasis do not appreciate people spamming this event thread with other events.

There seems to be lots of events happening in the SoCal area that coincide with one another and no one else seems to spam event threads with other events so show some respect to Otto and Doe for all the hard work they put in and to the rest of us who check this thread just to find out Oasis info.

Anyways BACK ON TOPIC super stoked about Derek's poster art this year. Can't wait to own the full size version because the website teaser is just too good.

What's Oasis without Derek art?

Oasis seems to get better and better every year and I am very appreciative of how Doe and Otto work their tails off for us to all have such an enjoyable time.

If you have have never volunteered before I strongly urge you to contact Ikabod and get in on that. Its a great way to meet folks you otherwise would never interact with plus you get to attend the weekend for free with the basic armband as your "payment" for donating some of your time.

I am so excited for August to get here!
139 Days until the Bali Hai...not like I am counting or anything

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohashirtbob
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-31 10:46 am   Permalink

I guess I missed the room presale. Need to know when the rooms will be available. We fly out from Chicago every year to support the event. Can't get plane tickets until we get our room.

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-31 10:56 am   Permalink

Sandra Dee
You are so right! There is so much going on at Tiki Oasis that we should not post at length about other events here. There is a "What's Happenin in SoCal" thread and of course the California events forum for individual threads.

For example, the Friday night headliners are The Barbwires from Sweden doing an incredible, first time in the U.S. style show.
A few years ago The Barbwires released an epic surf soundtrack with horns and strings that is powerful and melodic and timeless.
http://www.myspace.com/thebarbwires/photos/18171729/tagged#{%22ImageId%22%3A43851842}
http://www.dblcrown.com/wrd01.html

Also, Derek Yaniger and Shag will be on hand signing their art. Here is Derek's full poster art.
(The art shown on the website right now is Derek's teaser art)

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohashirtbob
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-31 11:00 am   Permalink

Yeah the website allowed us our room. See you all there!!!

[ This Message was edited by: alohashirtbob 2012-03-31 11:06 ]

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-31 8:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-01 12:24 am   Permalink

Note for anyone who has not been and wants to know what the Tiki Oasis experience is Crystal Cove Media has awesome videos professionally shot and edited here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tikioasistv?ob=0&feature=results_main

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava Kerwin

Posted: 2012-04-01 2:00 pm   Permalink

A tuxedo or turtleneck? What is more functional poolside at the Crowne Plaza? Maybe I should go undercover as a drunk tourist in a Hawaiian shirt. My mission, to get rum from room to room and cleverly hide it in my belly one glass at a time.

View Profile of Kava Kerwin Send a personal message to Kava Kerwin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-01 5:31 pm   Permalink

Yea Big Tiki Dude... stop posting about Tiki Oasis on the Surf Guitar 101 website!!!

You people need to get a life....

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2012-04-01 17:33 ]

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation