FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 2012 thread for TO12
NikkiNapalm
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-21 11:52 pm   Permalink

So. Much. FUN.
Highlights for us:
-The spy theme was awesome...the people that went the extra mile with their outfits and ideas really took the cake.
-The Devilettes RULED.
-Loved the bands, seriously, they were all AMAZING.
-Loved how there were 4 mermaids there this year, all very different from one another!
-Volunteering was truly fantastic. Can't tell you how many people we met!
-Loved that most of the burlesque was later at night or inside this year, made it much more family-oriented and less awkward, lol.
-Liked the idea of S.O.B.E.R. but we still need a virgin cocktail bar set up for kiddie cocktails and mocktails

I got some feedback that more women would like to have the opportunity to get their hair and makeup done (1940's, 1950's and 1960's styles) at Tiki Oasis. Baby Doe and I were discussing the possibility of setting up a private little hair salon/makeup studio with multiple beauticians and charging reasonable prices for services. Would any of you be into that?

View Profile of NikkiNapalm Send a personal message to NikkiNapalm      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 12:54 am   Permalink

Nudie of course, Lee!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 01:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-22 00:54, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Nudie of course, Lee!

Where's the "like" button on this thing??
I have a tiki bolo tie that someone gave me 2++ decades ago in Tucson!
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-22 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-21 23:52, NikkiNapalm wrote:
So. Much. FUN.
Highlights for us:
-The spy theme was awesome...the people that went the extra mile with their outfits and ideas really took the cake.
-The Devilettes RULED.
-Loved the bands, seriously, they were all AMAZING.
-Loved how there were 4 mermaids there this year, all very different from one another!
-Volunteering was truly fantastic. Can't tell you how many people we met!
-Loved that most of the burlesque was later at night or inside this year, made it much more family-oriented and less awkward, lol.
-Liked the idea of S.O.B.E.R. but we still need a virgin cocktail bar set up for kiddie cocktails and mocktails

I got some feedback that more women would like to have the opportunity to get their hair and makeup done (1940's, 1950's and 1960's styles) at Tiki Oasis. Baby Doe and I were discussing the possibility of setting up a private little hair salon/makeup studio with multiple beauticians and charging reasonable prices for services. Would any of you be into that?

Agree with so much here. Some of the bands were not my cup of tea, but that's ok. Great idea for adult hair and makeup, but maybe not next year. How will we see the bands through the mile-high country hairdos?

And the virgin cocktail bar would not just be for kiddies. I choose not to drink but feel I'm missing a good portion of the show. At least if I had a "Roy Rogers" in hand I could pretend I'm one of the gang!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buttercup
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-22 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Would totally dig a salon for updo's. Especially when it is so humid. Though, it would be important for people to realise they must come clean hair and clean faced, so people can get in, done and back to the party asap.

View Profile of Buttercup Send a personal message to Buttercup  Email Buttercup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fromme
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-22 6:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Ladies?

View Profile of Tiki Fromme Send a personal message to Tiki Fromme      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 7:44 pm   Permalink

I just realized that I missed purchasing my TO12 charm this year. Does anyone know where I can purchase one post event?

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bgodzillagirl

Posted: 2012-08-22 10:22 pm   Permalink

Count my vote A yay for a pinup 30s,40s, 50s hair and makeup salon

View Profile of bgodzillagirl Send a personal message to bgodzillagirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NikkiNapalm
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-22 10:38 pm   Permalink

Awesome! I'm so glad you guys are into that idea. I'll talk to Doe about it some more By the way Bill, I choose not to drink either, but would LOVE me a shirley temple or a virgin strawberry daq, pina colada, or lava flow at the event! If anyone wants to go in on the idea of a Virgin Cocktail Bar with me and my fella for next year, I think we could make a killng!

View Profile of NikkiNapalm Send a personal message to NikkiNapalm      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 11:05 pm   Permalink

Sheesh, Virgin Cocktail Bars, Hide away the burlesque dancers, make everything kid friendly
you do know Tiki was for adults, with alcoholic drinks & no kids......don't ya?

If you guys opened up a Non Alcoholic, Kid friendly, Sexually ambiguous bar.....It would really suck.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 01:56 am   Permalink

another great tiki oasis! thanks again to otto, baby doe and all the great folks who make it possible! thanks to everyone who watched los seafinks in the room parties. another oasis i spend way too much money and drink too many cocktails (is that really possible?) cant wait for next year!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 04:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-22 23:05, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Sheesh, Virgin Cocktail Bars, Hide away the burlesque dancers, make everything kid friendly

If you guys opened up a Non Alcoholic, Kid friendly, Sexually ambiguous bar.....It would really suck.

I completely agree. Take a vacation from your normal life!. Enjoy the grown up part if your being. After Tiki Oasis take the kids to Disneyland. Just don't turn Oasis into Disneyland.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 09:31 am   Permalink

I was asked by many vendors to run into the bar and grab them pina coladas without booze just because it was so hot and they wanted something cocktail-esque minus the rum to drink as they vended.

I don't think having a mocktail bar in addition to the bars selling booze is a bad thing.

In fact if they were able to set up a blended non-alcoholic drink station near the bar/burger stand I would think it would do very well.

Unfortunately for many of us who don't think kids should be at Oasis kids will continue to be at Oasis so its something you can no longer really complain about.

I am glad they got rid of burlesque on the mainstage only because I find it boring. (no offense to the ladies) I also know that a few burlesque performers that I spoke to LAST year felt uncomfortable stripping down in front of all the kids that were next to the stage so moving them indoors was a smart way to handle it.

I honestly felt like there were more kids last year then this year but seeing as how I spent 99% of my time drunk there could of been busloads of children there and I would not have noticed

I loved how when the spy theme was first announced everyone questioned it and when you got to Oasis you could tell people went all out.

It really bums be out that this time last week I was on my way down South and now I am suffering from post Oasis blues ...can't wait for next year and the Hulabilly theme is going to be just as much fun!

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2012-08-23 09:31 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 10:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 04:50, Big Vic wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-22 23:05, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

I completely agree. Take a vacation from your normal life!. Enjoy the grown up part if your being. After Tiki Oasis take the kids to Disneyland. Just don't turn Oasis into Disneyland.

+2 on this.
Mocktails, soda, juice, water, etc is available at all the bars already on site. Just stand in line and order what you want.
Hair & makeup - isn't this what the pinup hair & makeup class is for? I'm not interested, but wouldn't be opposed unless it took up space that should be occupied by tiki artists and vendors.
Otto, Baby Doe, Crowne Plaza staff and the volunteers really do a great job of making this all work. Thank you to everyone involved. It was a wonderful weekend.

Keep the "tiki" in Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surf fink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-23 5:08 pm   Permalink

I'm all for hiding the burlesque dancers away, and a no alcohol rule. Maybe we could even start some kind of church services on Sunday. Then get rid of all those pagan gods.

View Profile of surf fink Send a personal message to surf fink      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation