FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New eden ahbez Blog!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New eden ahbez Blog!
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-11 3:43 pm   Permalink

Check it out:

bcxists.wordpress.com

Thanks,
Brian

View Profile of bcxists Send a personal message to bcxists      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 4:08 pm   Permalink

Excellent stuff there Brian,
thanks so much for posting it.

Jeff(btd)]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-11 4:40 pm   Permalink

Agree with Jeff (btd), fascinating material. I've bookmarked your site, Brian, to periodically check back for updates.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-11 5:18 pm   Permalink

Oh, thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it. Spread the word. I'm hoping to get enough unique hits that Google will recognize the blog in their search aggregate, so that when people type ahbez's name in, they get this as one of their first results. That way, if there are people who knew him personally or know of rare material, they can easily find me. I'm working on a book about his life.

Also, there is an LP in the works to compile his rare exotica singles and unreleased songs. A follow-up to "Eden's Island" of sorts. Should be out sometime soon.

View Profile of bcxists Send a personal message to bcxists      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2012-03-11 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-11 17:18, bcxists wrote:
... I'm hoping to get enough unique hits that Google will recognize the blog in their search aggregate, so that when people type ahbez's name in, they get this as one of their first results. ...

Sounds good to me! Having a direct link will hopefully help:
http://bcxists.wordpress.com/

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-11 8:07 pm   Permalink

Ha! Thanks!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-11 8:22 pm   Permalink

Indeed an excellent, fascinating summary of this enigmatic artist's career! Can't wait to find out more.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-12 11:25 am   Permalink

Thanks, Sven! I appreciate the words of support. If you or anyone else have questions about "ahbe," you can always leave comments on the blog or email me privately. I'd be glad to fill in any gaps, and of course, stumping me is a good thing, because that forces me to look into those corners not yet thought about.

I've got boxes full of stuff... much more than the blog could hope to contain.

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-12 4:31 pm   Permalink

Brian,
Good to hear from you on TC again, and the blog looks fascinating! Lots of pics I've never seen.

-Randy

(ps - Mama Guitar just released a new album)

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-12 7:02 pm   Permalink

Is it that split EP they put out? Or a full album?

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 08:14 am   Permalink

Very cool, thanks!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-13 09:05 am   Permalink

Very interesting material Brian. I'm curious what your connection to eden is?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-11 17:18, bcxists wrote:

Also, there is an LP in the works to compile his rare exotica singles and unreleased songs. A follow-up to "Eden's Island" of sorts. Should be out sometime soon.

I am very interested in that.
Please keep us updated on that,
who is putting it out?

I know that his music is an acquired taste,
and some tiki people don't get it.
But I have always been a fan of his style.
and play it often when I DJ tiki events.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 11:26 am   Permalink

Great site - very detailed, thank you. I just listened to Eden's Island yesterday, so reading this is very timely for me.
Does anyone know where I can listen to a copy of the BBS show? I heard it back when it was first available, but would love to hear it again.

That Ahbez is one interesting fellow...

-Trad'r Bill

[ This Message was edited by: Trad'r Bill 2012-03-13 11:29 ]

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 06:10 am   Permalink

MadDogMike,

I got into ahbez around 1998 when the "Eden's Island" CD reissue came out on Del-Fi. A friend told me it had a picture of this proto-hippie hanging with Brian Wilson during the 1966-67 "Smile' sessions. I had no idea who he was, but bought the CD, thinking it would lead to connections of my favorite project (that being "Smile"). I became just as obsessed with ahbez's music, as I had been with "Smile." The rest is history.

As for the BBC show, the link is down. I have a CD of the show that the producers sent me.

Brian

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation