FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ****first official tiki mug swap of 2012!!**** send packages by april 30
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
****first official tiki mug swap of 2012!!**** send packages by april 30
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

Received a great package from Surf.....?? Couldn't read the entire handle. His writing is as bad as mine. There were three Kon-Tiki items...all Milan Gaunkos plus swizzles, postcards, and adv. cards. Surf..... Thanks for taking the time to look at my Ooga-Mooga wish list.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-04 7:47 pm   Permalink

My package has arrived! Mahalo Lorilovestiki!!

My cache includes 2 ceramic mugs, 2 lg Tiki tumblers, 4 shot cups,a handful of neon straws w/flowers, tiki ice tray....

Aaand a cool solar/light activated Hula Girl!!

Thankyou Lori and welcome to TikiCentral! Special thanks to SandraDee for organizing another Swap. Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-04 9:24 pm   Permalink

Suurfalia sent yours Ukutiki

ExquisiteCorpse
Tobunga

Yours is in the mail

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sideshow Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-05 05:51 am   Permalink

Received my Swap from Tiki Atari!!!
Great Swag! From the Sky Vodka Tiki Mug to the Chalk Moai's, What A Haul!!

Thank you Jason, It's nice to get something from someone I have actually met!

Cheers!

Bob

View Profile of Sideshow Bob Send a personal message to Sideshow Bob  Email Sideshow Bob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 8:10 pm   Permalink

I just received my great package from Loki-Tiki:

I must say I was amazed at the treasures within. I totally wanted both of these mugs! The Book of Tiki "Reviver" mug and the OoH R-70 (which was on my Ooga-Mooga wishlist!)

I was also pleased to find the Shag CD case and the Shag coin-purse, the tiki Playing Cards, the awesome Tiki shot glass, the lei, the various Tiki Farm & Oceanic Arts swizzle sticks, and the Tonga Hut bottle opener...

Big Mahaloz to Loki-Tiki!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 1:52 pm   Permalink

Leleliz received this package of awesomeness from House of Ku. Freddie here is what she wanted to tell ya:

Freddie what an awesome box! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Brought to you by my cat here is a group shot of the items I received:

A really cool pair of vintage wood tiki earrings (too small for my ghetto camera to record in detail), shell necklace, CoCo Joe Catalog (how many of these do you have my friend???), the Davy Jones Locker mermaid mug,a metal/brassesque tiki scuplture and the tiki carver figurine.

The mug is from Davy Jones Locker in Hawaii -- didn't have it, didn't know it existed, love it!

How funny that you included this . Did you know I had the vintage CoCo Joe's version that just so happened to be one of the few Buzzy was looking for and because of that I gave it to him at Oasis last year. Nice to have a replacement since i do love this little sculpture!

Love it all and really am pleased as punch to receive such great stuff my friend!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 1:59 pm   Permalink

And i was lucky enough to received more than a boxful of goodies from Closettiki!

Between the hula guy bobber, coconut monkey bank, tourist plate, salt & pepper/tray monkey pod set, inflatable palm tree, SHAG sticker and door knob sign it had a ton of tiki kitsch which i love so much.

Glad to also be gifted not just one but 7 mugs/shots which included a Cheeseburger in Paradise mug (one that i wanted and didnt own), a moai, Warehouse barrel, 4 shots included the little handled one whose paint job I really dig.

Thank you for the overabundance of goodies and for swapping so well!

I loved my package and really appreciate it!!

Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 3:43 pm   Permalink

Wow. I tried to hold off for a better camera, but mine is out for the count.
Dan and Wendy - wow...just WOW. A sweet letter, and #48/50 Tiki Bob napkin decanter.
I WILL post better pics, but those who aren't familiar with it, the sculpt started life somewhere around here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=165&hilite=tiki%20bob%20decanter

I'm just in awe. Now I have a place to put my dark rum.

Thanks a 1000 times you guys! I love your work! (and your house!)

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 12:02 am   Permalink

Ukutiki: Glad you like the mugs. I don't have access to much in AZ so it was a nice to see you were after some Kon-Tiki items.

To my swapper: I came home from work today to find a "your package is being held at the post office - come and get it" notice. I'm super excited to get my box.....but I'm on a plane to Sydney first thing in the morning and won't be around until the end of next week! I know, poor me, right? So, I just wanted to say thank you in advance. I'm not neglecting to post photos because I'm being rude, I'm just not reasonably close to my local post office.

So thanks again, the box is here(ish), and I'll post pics and more thanks next weekend.

View Profile of surfalaia Send a personal message to surfalaia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 03:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-07 13:52, SandraDee wrote:
Leleliz received this package of awesomeness from House of Ku. Freddie here is what she wanted to tell ya:

Freddie what an awesome box! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Glad you like your Mug Swap Box The shell lei is from the early 80's Tahiti and that brass Tiki was made by the company that bought the Coco Joe name
at the bankruptcy sale years ago. Mightbe in the catalog in simulated lava...
The tiki Carver was made by Pacific Fine Arts...Should be marked and even has a signiture on the figure...Enjoy!

Freddie Out!

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-08 08:18 am   Permalink

Hi Tiki-Atari, I'm super happy you like the decanter. We learned how to make 6 piece molds with that design. Thank you for posting the link to my how to make it thread. I hope to see your name pop up in posts there in the future so we don't loose touch.

Hey Pikey's Dog life is strange that you have gotten us two years in a row. We must be very lucky. Dan didn't share a single thing with me. I had told him the box coming was a reward for all his hard work on my projects. He did indeed feel rewarded.

Sorry for the topless shot but you know I have to have a model for my work!

If you have a chance please tell me more about the War God Club mug we have never seen it before.

Thank you very much, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-04 19:47, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
My package has arrived! Mahalo Lorilovestiki!!

My cache includes 2 ceramic mugs, 2 lg Tiki tumblers, 4 shot cups,a handful of neon straws w/flowers, tiki ice tray....

Aaand a cool solar/light activated Hula Girl!!

Thankyou Lori and welcome to TikiCentral! Special thanks to SandraDee for organizing another Swap. Freddie

Freddie, you are most welcome and WOW did you make the stuff I sent look AMAZING!!! You're a great photographer!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 09:55 am   Permalink

Got my package from ExquisiteCorpse!

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange. Tons of swizzles and cool palm cards - and some shots that didn't make it into the picture.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 10:29 am   Permalink

My package arrived over the weekend... just had a chance to post pix now.

Huge Mahalos to Pittsburgh Pauly for the incredible haul!

There were lots of items from the Pittsburgh area, including an Andy Warhol teddy bear and some menus... one from Chin's and one from Moy's Cove. Also some cool Hawaii coasters and a little Coco Joe's figure.

Lots of ephemera... and I LOVE ephemera... from all over the planet! from Mai Kai stickers, napkin and brochure to flyers from trader Vic's Scottsdale and even Dubai!

A massive amount of matchbooks, including vintage Vegas venues!

A dizzying array of swizzles, including the Castaways, Hawaiian Isle, and the Kahiki! Even a TWA propeller swizzle! Cool!

And two cool mugs!
One from Tiki Lounge, Pittsburgh, PA and one from Tiki Bar at Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Maui

Mahalos Mahalos Mahalos Pittsburgh Pauly!!! I'm totally overwhelmed by all the amazing stuff!!!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-08 12:08 pm   Permalink

My package o' tiki goodness arrived safely.

TV coconut mug (I'm coo coo for coconut mugs), from the Kon-Tiki (Daga) and a bamboo mug with the Hawaiian Islands

Maori carving, Coco Joe's pineapple (I love pineapples!) and doodads

napkins, swizzles, postcards, et al.

Fabulous package. I love everything.

Thanks Slacks Ferret.

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2012-05-08 12:10 ]

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation