FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ****first official tiki mug swap of 2012!!**** send packages by april 30
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
****first official tiki mug swap of 2012!!**** send packages by april 30
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-08 5:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

If you have a chance please tell me more about the War God Club mug we have never seen it before.

Thank you very much, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Glad to see the mug arrived in one piece!

I believe the mug was made by Cheekytiki for Kukui in Oxford, but was never used as the local Council introduced a "No Glass" rule for late night venues.

I managed to snag a couple off eBay when they were selling off their stock a couple of years ago - you are now the proud owners of my only spare

Cheers,
Joe.

[ This Message was edited by: Pikeys Dog 2012-05-08 17:35 ]

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-10 08:42 am   Permalink

Wow Joe, that's special. Thank you very much. Maybe next year our name will be drawn for you so we may keep this connection going. We look at the plate you made for us last year every day. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-08 09:55, gabbahey wrote:
Got my package from ExquisiteCorpse!

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange.
gabbahey

Glade i was able to send you two mugs you didn't have!

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-08 09:55, gabbahey wrote:
Got my package from ExquisiteCorpse!

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange.
gabbahey

Glade i was able to send you two mugs you didn't have!

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 4:37 pm   Permalink

Yeah, thanks! They are both really cool.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 3:04 pm   Permalink

October sent me all of this awesome stuff

I really love the mug and the shirt! The tikiaki dvd will be playing at my next luau.

closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-14 7:18 pm   Permalink

I received my box o goodies today from Tikipops
thank you so much for the tiki treasures...including a coconut mug,a parrot mug some great swizzles and a water activated growing hula girl....Fun

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 3:05 pm   Permalink

Alright, arrived from my overseas trip late last night. Went to the post office first thing, hoping my trade box was still there as it's been over a week now. Tiki's about the exotic, right? I knew I was onto something good then when I saw the postage:

It looks like customs got curious...

And viola!

From Atomic Tony Tiki - a Tiki Farm Kai-Kanak/Happy Cannibal mug designed by none other than Atomic Tony Tiki; a very cool modern moai mug (no markings); an Yma Sumac painting by Atomic Tony Tiki; and the best surprise....Thai food! Pad Thai sauce (with english directions, thankfully!) and some peanuts and fish Tom Yum Crisp. I'm guessing it's a snack to be eaten out the bag (no english on that one). Looking forward to finding out.

Thanks you very much ATT for the fantastic box!!

View Profile of surfalaia Send a personal message to surfalaia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-17 10:51 pm   Permalink

Glad you like the presents, the modern moai are really common here in Thailand but strangely get used as votive vases in buddhist temples.

There is almost no tiki ephemera here, so I went with whats best from Thailand the food. Everyone knows Phad Thai but I think the peanuts with dried fish gives you a true experience of Thai cuisine, great food with odd ingredients. "This noodle soups lovely, what's the brown stuff? Oh! congealed blood cake. This dipping sauce is tasty, what's it made of? Ah fermented fish stomachs. Those doughnuts look great, what's the filling? Hot Dog and custard, are you insane?"

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-05 8:04 pm   Permalink

Besides Atomictonytiki and Pikey's Dog is anyone else waiting for their boxes still?

I meant to check in a while ago but got busy.

Let me know please

Also keep in mind that this is the last swap I will organize so if anyone is looking to take over the swaps going forward please feel free to step up and do so.

I can send you all the shipping information I have saved from the past swaps to make it easier to match people.

Its been a fun run but I really think its time to let someone else take over

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation