FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Bora Bora Bamboo Barn with loft
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Bora Bora Bamboo Barn with loft
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 11:53 am   Permalink

Hey Lori,
thanks for the comments, it will be livable since it will have electric and a wet bar...what more do you need? Samoan Fog cutter anyone? Can't wait to camp out in it myself

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-29 8:47 pm   Permalink

Your lab has good taste!!! Nice job.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 11:09 am   Permalink

More progress this week...and a couple of sneak previews of cool items waiting to go inside.

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 12:23 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:23, WestADad wrote:

Nice!

This was the front lobby of the hotel we stayed at in Tahaa French Polynesia it is called Le Tahaa...its on a motu off the island. amazing...I will have to attach some pictures from that trip...awesome but 1800 a night

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-31 08:59 am   Permalink

Awesome craftsmanship. Looks great, keep the pictures coming.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:19 am   Permalink

The roof is finally on and completed! check it out - this was the toughest part so far. I made the ridge cap out of sheathing, tar papered it and then applied the left over thatch from the rolls I bought. 3ft sections at a time. I had about 8 in of thatch left over...nothing like a proper take off before starting.

tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:34, tikirancher wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:23, WestADad wrote:

Nice!

This was the front lobby of the hotel we stayed at in Tahaa French Polynesia it is called Le Tahaa...its on a motu off the island. amazing...I will have to attach some pictures from that trip...awesome but 1800 a night

My Wife made this mixed media piece from the photo we took at the resort - I need to make a bamboo frame

Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-06 4:50 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is fantastic. I hope it holds up well to the rains in the Southeast. I am scheming as to the outdoor bar I want to build here in the FL panhandle, but the nasty storms make me worry about doing a thatched roof.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Deleted

Posted: 2012-04-06 8:30 pm   Permalink

Very cool. You got island fever like the rest of us. Prodject looks awesome. I can tell this is going to be stellar when its done. Aloha!!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 10:45 am   Permalink

This weekend I got a chance to do more work on the barn. Next step was figuring out how to do the walls....well, what I came up with what seems to be a good idea...time will tell. I used 5mm tri ply underlayment (luan) weather sealed it and then stapled reed fencing from Home Depot to give it that tiki feel and a nice texture on the outside. The inside surface will get a nice woven matting like in most tiki room walls. I will use contact cement to apply that and then trim it out with bamboo. Seems to be working...tell me what you think.

Found a great hammock this weekend at a garage sale for 15 bucks! Score
Also planted two banana trees last night in the dark....

VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-16 6:29 pm   Permalink

Wow...that is certainly shaping up nicely. Fun watching the build!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-16 8:17 pm   Permalink

Looking great and I like the tropical plantings. Be careful though about using "banana" and "hammock" in the same paragraph
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 10:19 pm   Permalink

lookin good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheFrikiTiki

Posted: 2012-04-22 09:43 am   Permalink

Really nice work!
Can't wait to see it finished

View Profile of TheFrikiTiki Send a personal message to TheFrikiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation