FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Bora Bora Bamboo Barn with loft
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Bora Bora Bamboo Barn with loft
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 11:53 am   Permalink

Hey Lori,
thanks for the comments, it will be livable since it will have electric and a wet bar...what more do you need? Samoan Fog cutter anyone? Can't wait to camp out in it myself

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-29 8:47 pm   Permalink

Your lab has good taste!!! Nice job.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 11:09 am   Permalink

More progress this week...and a couple of sneak previews of cool items waiting to go inside.

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-30 12:23 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-30 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:23, WestADad wrote:

Nice!

This was the front lobby of the hotel we stayed at in Tahaa French Polynesia it is called Le Tahaa...its on a motu off the island. amazing...I will have to attach some pictures from that trip...awesome but 1800 a night

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-31 08:59 am   Permalink

Awesome craftsmanship. Looks great, keep the pictures coming.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:19 am   Permalink

The roof is finally on and completed! check it out - this was the toughest part so far. I made the ridge cap out of sheathing, tar papered it and then applied the left over thatch from the rolls I bought. 3ft sections at a time. I had about 8 in of thatch left over...nothing like a proper take off before starting.

tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:34, tikirancher wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-30 12:23, WestADad wrote:

Nice!

This was the front lobby of the hotel we stayed at in Tahaa French Polynesia it is called Le Tahaa...its on a motu off the island. amazing...I will have to attach some pictures from that trip...awesome but 1800 a night

My Wife made this mixed media piece from the photo we took at the resort - I need to make a bamboo frame

Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-06 4:50 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is fantastic. I hope it holds up well to the rains in the Southeast. I am scheming as to the outdoor bar I want to build here in the FL panhandle, but the nasty storms make me worry about doing a thatched roof.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-06 8:30 pm   Permalink

Very cool. You got island fever like the rest of us. Prodject looks awesome. I can tell this is going to be stellar when its done. Aloha!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 10:45 am   Permalink

This weekend I got a chance to do more work on the barn. Next step was figuring out how to do the walls....well, what I came up with what seems to be a good idea...time will tell. I used 5mm tri ply underlayment (luan) weather sealed it and then stapled reed fencing from Home Depot to give it that tiki feel and a nice texture on the outside. The inside surface will get a nice woven matting like in most tiki room walls. I will use contact cement to apply that and then trim it out with bamboo. Seems to be working...tell me what you think.

Found a great hammock this weekend at a garage sale for 15 bucks! Score
Also planted two banana trees last night in the dark....

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-16 6:29 pm   Permalink

Wow...that is certainly shaping up nicely. Fun watching the build!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-16 8:17 pm   Permalink

Looking great and I like the tropical plantings. Be careful though about using "banana" and "hammock" in the same paragraph

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 10:19 pm   Permalink

lookin good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheFrikiTiki

Posted: 2012-04-22 09:43 am   Permalink

Really nice work!
Can't wait to see it finished

View Profile of TheFrikiTiki Send a personal message to TheFrikiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation