FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party! in Kailua-Kona Oct 24th-25th 2013! pg 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party! in Kailua-Kona Oct 24th-25th 2013! pg 2
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 7:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
BODY GLOVE 60 year Anniversary / Sea Creature Tiki-Mug set release party!
Oct 24th & 25th.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
First night is at the Royal Kona Restort, 2nd night is at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery
The mugs ...

#1 The Body Glove 60 year Anniversary Mug

#2 The "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug

and #3 "The Body Glove Sea Creature!"
All the mugs were based on designs by Brad Tiki-Shark Parker, and are based on his "Tiki Art" painting

"The Body Glove Sea Creature"
Acrylic on canvas
24" x 30"

Art prints will be for sale, as well as a new up coming "Event posters" to get autographed at the event.

The Painting was inspired by the Body Glove short surf film "The Disappearance"

- a short film made my buddy: Body Glove (Pro- Surfer/writer/director) Greg Browning, for the Trans-World Surf Film contest, and it took first place!

Here's the fright flick:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

After that you can change your surf-shorts, and watch the "making of..." here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

Come to the event, get your mugs signed by the owners of Body Glove, the film makers, a photo with the Sea Creature, your "Limited edition event poster" autographed by every one, a tee shirt... all kinds of fun!

OR....If you want to pre-order the mug sets, or an limited edition art print please contact:

You can find them here:
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email jillW@WylandBigIsland
ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-06 22:55 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 4:12 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
...are you looking for some release?
Well...
HOW ABOUT THIS?

The BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party!

(The BODY GLOVE 60th ANNIVERSARY Tiki-Mug)
We are getting a GREAT and special (TIKI TRIBE) $ RATE FOR rooms at THE ROYAL KONA RESORT for the event!
A secret CODE will be announced HERE so stay tuned!

(design of the "SHARK-TIKI" Tiki-Mug)
Dates are Oct 24th at the Royal Kona Resort and Oct 25th at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery.
You will have to book by Sept 25th to get the special rate.

(The BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE Tiki-Mug!)

What is the Body Glove Sea Creature? Well, ....it's in a short film that was about surfing, but also had a monster in it!

- a short film made my buddy: Body Glove (Pro- Surfer/writer/director) Greg Browning, for the Trans-World Surf Film contest, and it WON first place!

Here's the fright flick:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

After that you can change your surf-shorts, and watch the "making of..." here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

So, At the event we will have Bill Meistral: Owner of Body Glove to sign the 60th anniversary Body Glove Tiki-Mugs, and posters and such, (por-surfer/director) Greg Browning (I hope) to sign as well, several other Body Glove famous folks, and ME (da' designer of the mugs. painting, etc) , and ...

...THE BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE! So bring a camera!

We will also have LIVE MUSIC! (shhhh... I not supposed to promise my favorite local Hawaiian Rocker, Henry Kopono, because he's gonna be on tour, but he wants to come play , however, we'll still just have to wait and see if the mega-super-amazing Henry Kopono can make this gig - (I hope I hope I hope!! ohmygosh please!) maybe...Anyways also there will be swanky Art Prints, a very limited edition Event poster to have everyone there sign...all kinds of fun (the Royal Kona is even thinking of making an original drink called THE CREATURE to be served in the Sea Creature Mug! DIG IT! The party Thursday night will be in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort at "Don's Mai Tai Bar"over looking Kona bay (very Tiki!)

To get the pre-order of the full BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Set, contact the Wyalnd Kona Ocean Front Gallery:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!

http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 16:34 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 6:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tibe!

$~Money Saving Discount code~$

Message: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is.... is... is...

sgum-ikit

... er wait, no no, no, that's not it, sheesh! that's backwards... oh sorry, yeah... it's "Tiki-Mugs"! The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Cool! Sorry, I got all turned around there I was so excited! Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Dr to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
Royal Kona Resort, 75-5852 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-kona, Hawaii, US, 96740
808-930-3285
http://www.roomstays.com/hotel/82875

75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email jillw@wylandbigisland.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 16:46 ]

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-13 7:04 pm   Permalink

Those are some really great mugs!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 11:08 pm   Permalink

lunavideogames - thank you!

This is a dream project. Talk about "Enjoying the journey" Everything about this was fun so far. I just sat down and decided I was going to make the Tiki-Mugs I always wanted to have. So far, with the help of some great people at Tiki Farm, and my agent, and the Royal Kona Resort, and the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery, the Tiki-Mugs are even better than I was hoping for.

This is the 60th year anniversary of surf brand Body Glove - So I designed a Tiki-Mug to honor that lifetime of good California surfing history! Body Glove also won first place in a surf film contest when Greg Browning, Body Glove's pro-surfer turned film maker, made a short film called "The Disappearance" about a surf team looking for the perfect wave, but find a sea creature instead. Then I made one more - "The Shark-Tiki" tiki-mug to make a limited edition set of 3. They will be for sale at this link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=30&33

Limited edition my tiki brothers and sisters so.... they are going fast! If you want to preorder, do it, do it here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 6:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe

Check out the new glazes & colors for the limited edition BODY GLOVE tiki-Mugs.... wonder what the SEA CREATURE will look like?
Limited edition my tiki brothers and sisters so.... they are going fast! If you want to preorder, do it, do it here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email
jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 8:55 pm   Permalink

Is there a price for these things anywhere?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 9:28 pm   Permalink

According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are $29.95 each.

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 04:02 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thought you might dig seeing the process of making the mugs...

Step 1.) Pencil designs (final after a few versions),
#2.) Tiki Farm has some tiki-culture legend like THE PiZZ, create a 3-D image from the 2-D designs,
Then,
#3.) TIKI FARM works out the colors and the glazes.
Fun Stuff! And a load of work, plus months of back and forth with the over seas factory, the client, and then there's gonna
be shipping and all that fun stuff. Hope everything finishes up with the big BODY GLOVE TIKI-MUG RELEASE PARTY here in
Kailua-Kona Hawaii! Want to make sure you don't miss out on getting the whole set? pre-order your very own limited edition
mugs from ...
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email
jillw@wylandbigisland.com

A L O H A !!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:36 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-15 20:55, TikiTacky wrote:
Yeah, yeah, they look super AWESOME, but is there a price on these tiki-mugs yet?

"?"

Quote:

On 2013-05-15 21:28, phinz wrote:
According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are ....ah....According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are (... ah... this up date just in...... make that $34.95... as of May 24th 2013. Please call the gallery for proper up dates. Thanks!) Brad~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Aloha, yeah we been going around & around on the Limited edition Body Glove Tiki-Mug Set price for a while. Since they are "Body Glove" tiki-mugs, that means we had to work in the Body Glove royalty. Then the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery has to have a little $ for their swanky overhead... and these are a very limited edition, so that makes 'em higher in demand... and I told Holden Westland at Tiki Farm to make "'em really super awesome greaty-great" - and he went ALL OUT! No expense spared!
I mean, think about this, how often does the oldest, still Manhattan Beach family owned, surf brand in the WORLD have it's 60 YEAR anniversary? When? When? WHEN?! ONLY ONCE! This is Americana Surf History! We HAD to make them insanely awesome, so... yes... they are at a little higher price point then the rather plain looking tiki-mugs that are mass-produced that you find in the discount bins of the cheap gift section of the ABC stores or Hilo Hatties.

Er -hurmph. HOWEVER, But fear not my Tiki Tribe! Now the good news! Not only did I work hard to make sure you'd get high quality for your coconut$! Each and every mug will come with an autograph card: hand-signed by the tiki-artist who designed it. (ah, that would be me) So even if you cannot make it to the big swanky event in Oct and get your mugs signed by the Body Glove folks, and meet the Body Glove Sea Creature in person, you WILL get my autograph (if you want it or not!) PLUS, ... and be quiet about this, (shhhhhh) ... I think I got the gallery to charge the same price for all the mugs even though one is EXTRA big gulp sized. It'll still be same price as the two regular sized ones - so the sea creature is not a larger price even though it is a larger mug.

Hope that helps, BUT call the gallery to make sure, I just saw them yesterday and dropped off a bunch of mug info, and we got the names of the mugs and got the prices finalized. Big aloha, and thanks for your interest in my work.

#1 Body Glove 60 Year Anniverrsary Tiki-Mug

#2 The "Shark-Tiki" Tiki-Mug
(and now the big one)

#3 The Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug
BP~

pre-order your very own limited edition mugs from ... Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email
jillw@wylandbigisland.com A L O H A !!

http://www.tikishark.com

[

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 11:27 ]

Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 1:13 pm   Permalink

Great Mugs - do we know how limited the limited edition is and do we know if there will be an open edition? Already ordered mine;-)

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 4:05 pm   Permalink

Holler Waller - Good question. I'm gonna' give to you as honest as I know. So obviously looking at all the preorders already hitting the gallery (boy, If the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery didn't believe me about how serious the Tiki Tribe was before, they believe me now!), it looks like this first limited edition run will sell out, maybe before the October event. I have not gotten a hard fast # from Holden because "some other party" has offered to come in and purchase all of them. Before it got crazy, I think I recall Holden saying he was making 1000 Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mugs, and 1000 Body Glove "Shark-Tiki" tiki-mugs, and 1500 Body Glove Sea Creature tiki-mugs. But that was an early set of numbers and he may have done what he could to expand to the demand. As for a second run, the problem with that is it's not up to just Tiki Farm. It's up to Body Glove , and Tiki Farm, and maybe even me (or at least my agent). So would you make a second run of 60th anniversary mugs after the 60th anniversary was over? Would you want a Body Glove Sea Creature tiki-mug still on the shelf after their advertising tie in to their award winning sea creature film was long gone? I heard Body Glove feels doubtful. So, that doesn't look like it would happen, however, I think I could talk them into a whole NEW and different set of Body Glove tiki-mugs. That's all I know for now. Hope that helps. ALOHA! BP~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 4:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tibe!

Message: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is.... is... is...

sgum-ikit

... er wait, no no, no, that's not it, sheesh! that's backwards... oh sorry, yeah... it's "Tiki-Mugs"! The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Cool! Sorry, I got all turned around there I was so excited! Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Dr to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
808-930-3285

75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email jillw@wylandbigisland.com

www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 17:40 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-27 12:35 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

"Based on our availability" - as requested to be stated by the Royal Kona Resort.
Guess this means they are already filling up and only have so many rooms to offer us at our discount rate.

Remember: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-CENTRAL-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is "Tiki-Mugs"!

The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Drive to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
808-930-3285

Aloha!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 4:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug Set.
1.) Is the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug

2.) is the :Shark-Tiki" Tiki-Mug

3.) Is the Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug

Official mug release party is the 24th and 25th of October 2013 in Kailua Kona, at the royyal Kona Resort. and the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.

pre-order your very own limited edition mugs from ... Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email
jillw@wylandbigisland.com A L O H A !!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation