FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 7:51 pm   Permalink

Lori,
She's beautiful & I would be honored if I receive her in the art swap!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-18 8:59 pm   Permalink

BaddTiki, I never doubted you Looks great, good luck with the glaze firing

Lori, she is indeed beautiful ~ I am so glad you decided to participate in this Swap

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 9:23 pm   Permalink

LLT, She's awesome
Not only does she look like she's ingulfed in flames, she looks like she is made from them! Perfect for Pele. Great glaze work too, she may be a little pale but her face is good contrast to all the other colors, so even if you don't find a glaze it's not a problem imo.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-18 9:29 pm   Permalink

Badd and LLT I think that MDM and I did well to "call you out". Look what we got to see and enjoy. Fantastic.

Lori the Liquitex Glossies can be ordered from Dick Blick on line. But it looks like you did just fine with what you found.

This is such a great swap this year. Now lets call out Traveling Jones for his next step photo.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-20 10:20 am   Permalink

MadDogMike and Wendy have pointed out on my ceramics thread that I'm working on a couple of vicious virgin volcano bowls that could would fit in with the swap, so I'd like to get in on the action if one of my pieces survives the kiln and I can get done on time.

I'm shooting to do a first firing next week and then glaze over that weekend and get things fired for the second time before the end of the month.

Here's a pic of the bowl I'd enter, a three sided bowl:

You can see more pics on my thread here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43415&forum=18&15

I hope things work out. I've never done an art swap and this looks like a fun one!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-20 11:08 am   Permalink

Welcome aboard Tom. Swaps are great fun and your bowl is a wonderful addition.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-20 11:31 am   Permalink

Kele, mike, Wendy & Badd -

You are all too kind but thanks! You know how to be encouraging, thanks!!!!

I struck out at Utrecht but am going to try and order the glossies online. I should have enough time.

Mike, just a reminder that I'll be leaving for a week on August 4th. My project will be all packed before I leave and I will send it out just as soon as I return and find out who my swap partner is. Please let him/her know.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-20 11:39 am   Permalink

Lori, I had made a note of that, no problem. I know you are almost done, just be sure to leave a picture of the finished art (or let me know you finished) before you leave. According to the International Treaty on Tiki Swaps, all pieces need to be finished by the deadline

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-20 3:16 pm   Permalink

Everyones art is lookin great....

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-21 08:52 am   Permalink

All da swap art is...HOT! HOT!! HOT!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-21 09:00 am   Permalink

Okay Wendy, I'm back at it...

Let's just see how far I can get with her this weekend?

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-21 09:24 am   Permalink

ZOOOOOOING!

Pele's lookin GREAT Jonesy!
Get 'er Done bubs!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-21 12:10 pm   Permalink

She has some terrific ah collar bones, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-21 3:32 pm   Permalink

Very interesting Jonsey. As always, you keep us guessing. I am trying to figure out if the midrif is yet unfinished or purposely deconstructed. Hmmmm?

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-22 09:53 am   Permalink

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation