FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-27 10:03 pm   Permalink

Turned out excellent Cy, love the way it floats over the blue mat. Great symbolic imagery as well. (and it can't hang the wrong way )

Kele and Bongo, can't wait to see some pics. I hear that the volcano is rumbling in Florida near AlohaStation's hut too.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-28 12:13 am   Permalink

Very nice Cy! I really like the "floating" effect too. Nifty how you did all that symbolic imagery, never in a million years would I have thought of a playing card, if I had a game room that would be perfect to hang in it.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-28 8:39 pm   Permalink

The frame isn't finished yet, so I cropped that out of the pic, but here is the main part of my contribution to the Art Swap

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-28 10:25 pm   Permalink

Kele that's terrific.

CY I bet you marked that card so you could win the swap of your choice.

I decided that mine needed a bit more red so I did some more painting. I'll bake it tomorrow. Now the Tiki Bob/ Pele/ Volcano mug is really finished. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-29 06:05 am   Permalink

Kele it looks wonderful! Does it have a little sparkle to it with the beads?

Wendy, you have improved on perfection if that is possible!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 06:46 am   Permalink

This has been fun watching all the Pele/Fire/Volcano art come to life

Great stuff everyone

Getting close to trade time

Will MDM soon be tossing everyone's name in a homemade Pele skull for drawing?

Hay Mike, I think with every name drawn you should take a shot

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 08:14 am   Permalink

Jon, drawing out the the Pele skull is a GREAT idea!
Taking a shot after each name is a SUCKY idea!
I'd be passed out after the second name!

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 2:38 pm   Permalink

Mike, I'm done!

My goddess looks much better with tan skin as opposed to pasty white. Just have to bake her in the oven, then I'll post a pic. She and her volcano will be securely packed in a flat rate box from the post office before I go away and when I return a week from Saturday she will be shipped to my swap partner.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-23 20:33, MadDogMike wrote:
Jonesey, your pictures remind me of the way fight scenes are filmed in movies these days; too close to the action to really tell what's going on

MDM - The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Quote:

On 2012-07-23 15:08, danlovestikis wrote:
Traveling Jones you know how to grab someones body and twist it until it breaks but in a good way.

Wendy - Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:20 pm   Permalink

MDM- u can do it.....

Lori- sounds great

TJ- awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:28 pm   Permalink

Lori, looking forward to new pics

Jonesy, you are a bit of an enigma to me ~ I only see you post stuff once or twice a year during the Swaps. But you are obviously a talented and creative artist. Do you make non-tiki art that we don't see? Are you making more tiki art and holding out on us? What gives?

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 05:25 am   Permalink

Alright... I've gettin' to this...

first, I've started with a frame with a nice look:

Next, I've glued together a box to attach to the back of the frame:

Now... here Pele steps in and drops in my lap that which I needed. I'm scrounging around the receiving area of my office and discover some packing for recently purchased computers:

Black foam! Nice lava texture, nice lava color- black all the way through and sculptable!

Now it's taking shape:

And the paint work begins:

But still Pele has not appeared...

[ This Message was edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2012-07-31 05:36 ]

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-31 05:54 am   Permalink

Go Bongo!!! Very cool concept.

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 06:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-30 18:28, MadDogMike wrote:

Jonesy, you are a bit of an enigma to me ~ I only see you post stuff once or twice a year during the Swaps. But you are obviously a talented and creative artist. Do you make non-tiki art that we don't see? Are you making more tiki art and holding out on us? What gives?

Good question MDM. I agree.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 06:29 am   Permalink

Go bongo go

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation