FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 06:51 am   Permalink

Bongo, love what you have done so far. I'm a huge fan of 3D art and this looks like fun! MORE! The crowd is screaming for MORE!

-Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 05:34 am   Permalink

Pele has arrived... a damaged Coco Joe's is just the thing... cut, glue and a bit more painting... and it is finished:

The top of the back box is removeable to allow light from the top if desired and it can be hung on a wall or placed on a shelf.

I like creating within constraints and this has been a fun and satisfying project. We'll get her wrapped up and ready for shipping to... someone!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-01 05:53 am   Permalink

Great job Bongo, very dramatic lighting in that first pic.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 06:19 am   Permalink

Awesome job on that Bongo! I agree with Mike and that lighting in the first picture is great! That would be really cool set into a wall so it looks like a flat piece of art at first glance. Where did you get that frame? Did you make that also? Great accent to the whole piece.

So much amazing work to be shared on here. Wish I had the time to create something. Maybe next year after the new house is done I'll get to play too.

-Dale

[ This Message was edited by: littlegiles 2012-08-01 06:21 ]

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 07:23 am   Permalink

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 08:03 am   Permalink

Love it Bongo!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 6:42 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the crappy photo - working on better pics.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 7:44 pm   Permalink

Wendy, your mug is terrific (& nice boobies, too. hee-hee)
MDM, yes, some of the beads are very sparkly, it's nice of you to notice!
Lori, can't wait to see pics of your finished piece.
TravelingJones, that is so cool... a bit difficult to explain, but very cool
Bongo, love what you've created with reused materials
AlohaStation, I'm getting a real vintage vibe from your piece.

Just one week left. Can't wait to see all the finished pieces & especially to see which one will be coming to live with me!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-01 7:50 pm   Permalink

Tom, it's awesome! She looks pissed, has someone been messing with her volcano?

Deadline is one week from today. Here are the people who I know are participating - please let me know if I am missing anyone

AlohaStation
AnthonyMaye
Badd Tiki
BB Moondog
Bongo Bungalow
Cy
DanLovesTikis
Hang10Tiki
LittleLostTiki
LoriLovesTiki
MadDogMike
Melekalikimaka
Pikeys Dog
SophistaTiki
Tigertail777
TikiG
TikiSkip
Trader Tom
Traveling Jones
WaikikianMoeKele
ZeroTiki

It's not too late for anyone else to join, the project just needs to be finished by the 8th. We could use another person to make an even number

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 8:38 pm   Permalink

gettin there...one more good PUSH and donezo

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-01 8:44 pm   Permalink

Looks great Moondog, cant wait to see her finished. Shes got a bit of a crazy look in her eyes and its getting me excited!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 8:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha station-very Kool
Moon dog-lookin great

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 10:01 pm   Permalink

Nice Bongo, wasn't expecting that at all, looks great.

Aloha, awesome piece, it's very stylized, I dig it.

Moondog, turning out really nice.

------
My piece(s) is in the Kiln

Got to spend a bit of time glazing all my stuff for the end of class today. Got to sit in the advanced classes slip cast demo (I saw the pouring of slip, they made molds last week).
Then I got to paint kiln slip on a ton of shelves and help load the kiln with the instructor, was fun but a lot of work. Really makes me appreciate the last time when I just had pieces fired for me. It probably took us 3 hours to load and we just about got every piece in. (many shelves of plates burned space and shelf pieces)

Anyway...
The kiln will be fired Sat or Sun and we'll most likely be unloading Wed (8/8) night. So I'll probably get finished shots up late that night.
And as a back up I have two more lava bowls in the kiln also, so if something happens I still have two more that someone could have a choice of (though hopefully the intended one makes it, it has 'pele swap' carved in the bottom )

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 6:38 pm   Permalink

The tanned wahine "Volcano Godess!"

and in her volcano:

She's DDDDDOOOOOONNNNEEEEE! Gonna pack her in my flat rate box from the Post Office tomorrow and when I return from my cruise she'll go out in the mail.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-02 7:36 pm   Permalink

A suntan suits her well Lori. But you keep plenty of sunscreen on for the cruise, you're fair-skinned and "healthy tan" is an oxymoron

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation