FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tapahut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
tapahut
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 9:50 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-23 1:45 pm   Permalink

Love the inspiration pic

Any updates?

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 08:23 am   Permalink

Great Bar!

You did a great job on your ceiling (like to see the bolts painted)

It's one of the best rooms out there.

Question: Are those telephone poles or just distressed logs with the rope wrapping? Either way, it's a cool look.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 12:39 pm   Permalink

Longboard-Thanks for looking and yes painting the bolts is on the list of things to do ( for a long time now ) a rusted oxcide color was voted on verses flat black.
On the logs- they are yellow cedar -debarked, burned, and brushed. No clear coat needed.
Logs are held together with all thread rods, about a dozen, some three foot long
The rope is mainly for looks. I got them as gifts- Father's Day and Xmas
The floor scrape pre paint is becoming too much of a battle and will most likely get painted over the dry adhesive-move on.
While I was taking photos of the logs, I also took a couple extra with the old camera- haven't figured out how to use the new one my wife gave me for Father's Day...

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 1:31 pm   Permalink

before you paint your bolts, you might try burning them. Take your torch and burn them good. It removes all the shiny off and gives you that greenish blueish grayish weathered look. It worked great on the bolts for my portholes.

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 7:28 pm   Permalink

Looking good, Tom.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-29 8:26 pm   Permalink

Hope to be able to see this place for real some day...looks fabulous!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 8:41 pm   Permalink

Big T
Freekin awesome

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-29 8:59 pm   Permalink

What a great place to hang out. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-30 11:30 am   Permalink

Wow, really a great look on the logs, looks like a vintage wharf. Thanks for the tips on getting your look.

I'd vote for the rust look on the bolts, would look great with the rusty chains you got going on.

Really enjoy looking at your set up.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 8:18 pm   Permalink

made a Rattan Tapa Lamp

Maybe got to turn down the wattage a tad

Pretty much have run out of wall space for framed art....so have taken to the ceiling...traded glass for plastic incase one ever wanted to break and fall on someones head

Lava Lamps

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 3:18 pm   Permalink

Having a need for massive amounts of bar stools adds up to non matching sometimes one of a kind swapmeet finds.
This one single stool reminded me of one I had seen before in a painting. So with a little paint and glue the Tapahut has a "Gauguin Chair"

Gauguin's Chair by Van Gogh 1888

Gauguin's Chair in the Tapahut 2013

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 4:01 pm   Permalink

Looking Good, Tom!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 6:21 pm   Permalink

Very cool, Tom.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy Yeti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-31 9:14 pm   Permalink

Wow!, just amazing!

View Profile of Tipsy Yeti Send a personal message to Tipsy Yeti  Email Tipsy Yeti Goto the website of Tipsy Yeti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation