FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tapahut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
tapahut
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-31 10:22 pm   Permalink

Nice chair Van-T

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-09 2:12 pm   Permalink

Some new additions thanks to The International Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-09 8:35 pm   Permalink

This is very serious work, very layered. You should be proud.

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-09 9:32 pm   Permalink

Love it, Tom!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 1:06 pm   Permalink

I need a drink in your bar...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 1:52 pm   Permalink

where did you get your nautical pillars? or did you make those? Ive been looking for old telephone poles to no avail !! lol super cool pix, love the ship painting in the back too
paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 1:58 pm   Permalink

also, what is the size of your bar room? it looks huge, if u don't mind me asking what was the room before??? love love love it!!!! wanna do the same to my garage once it cools down!!! thanks for the inspiration!!!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 2:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tigertail, I am I guess...it fills the day and makes me happy...it's good therapy mentally and physically. Running around to swap meets helps keep the blood pumping. I have met many interesting and remarkable souls in the course of Tiki hunting.

Hang10tiki...Any time your thirsty head on over !!

Pele Paul ....The pilings are yellow cedar that has been debarked, burned, and brushed. The reason Edison and the like refrain from giving out old poles is because of the creosote soaking they go thru. Somebody got some poles and burned them like firewood and ruined it for everyone. You can get a hold of a Tree Service outfit and beg some logs off them. To buy heavy timber and fashion pilings is almost cost prohibited.
The Tapahut is about twelve foot by twenty five foot and I am ready to maybe explan it's borders. It had been a Sunroom, all purpose room, library, catch-all, storage room type of place.
Yes !! The Velvet !!!... A good day at the swapmeet...a Velvet Tall Ship underway...for ten dollars...like I said, keeps the blood pumping !!

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 5:09 pm   Permalink

cool, im coming out your way and hit your swap meets lol, cool stuff

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-11 8:11 pm   Permalink

Simply fabulous!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 8:43 pm   Permalink

Sweet
Getting in the car now

Ps- every time I go out sporting one of your necklaces YOU get a ton of compliments!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-12 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-11 14:59, hottiki wrote:
Thanks Tigertail, I am I guess...it fills the day and makes me happy...it's good therapy mentally and physically. Running around to swap meets helps keep the blood pumping. I have met many interesting and remarkable souls in the course of Tiki hunting.

Hang10tiki...Any time your thirsty head on over !!

Pele Paul ....The pilings are yellow cedar that has been debarked, burned, and brushed. The reason Edison and the like refrain from giving out old poles is because of the creosote soaking they go thru. Somebody got some poles and burned them like firewood and ruined it for everyone. You can get a hold of a Tree Service outfit and beg some logs off them. To buy heavy timber and fashion pilings is almost cost prohibited.
The Tapahut is about twelve foot by twenty five foot and I am ready to maybe explan it's borders. It had been a Sunroom, all purpose room, library, catch-all, storage room type of place.
Yes !! The Velvet !!!... A good day at the swapmeet...a Velvet Tall Ship underway...for ten dollars...like I said, keeps the blood pumping !!

Thanks so much on the intel, lol, Ive got a funny story about Creosote, Ive got a vintage bottle of cough medicine, #1 active ingredient; Chloroform #2, CREOSOTE!!!! WTF??? doesn't surpres a cough, it puts ya in a Coma!!!!
well now I need to find some cedar logs, or maybe I'll start chopping down trees as I need them!!!
cant wait to see your expansion program on the bar, Im cleaning out my garage right now!!!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-12 11:53 am   Permalink

Tom!.......just Tom! Hella-Cool, Daddy-O.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-12 4:07 pm   Permalink

Paul,

I have two words for you... Peeler Cores.

What are they? The heartwood remnant of a log that has been planed down to create veneer to laminate into plywood. They have an unfinished surface that can mimic the appearance of a pier piling or telephone pole that hasn't been treated with creosote. They are generally sold by lumber yards or home improvement centers for use to construct rustic boarders for flower beds, retaining walls, fence posts/rails, etc. I think Home Depot may have pressure treated 6" dia. peeler cores in an 8' length for under $20. I've seen smaller dia. ones of cedar and some with flats cut into opposite sides (see above pic), but the larger, round ones are the ones you want.

And Tom, great job on your tiki space.

[ This Message was edited by: Bruddah Bear 2013-09-12 16:10 ]

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-23 11:17 pm   Permalink

Spent some time prepping the floor for some resin based concrete paint, a couple of shades to mimic the look of staining.

Built, burned, and carved bottle and glass shelf

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation