FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » B.G.Reynolds to open Hale Pele in Portland, OR
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
B.G.Reynolds to open Hale Pele in Portland, OR
BG_Reynolds

Posted: 2012-05-10 09:25 am   Permalink

Hi fine folks of Tiki Central,

with my third user name on tiki central (formerly tikimonkey/trader tiki), I'm proud to announce my latest venture, coming this fall to Portland, OR.

Hale Pele!

http://halepele.com

Thank you all for your support over the years, and for the years to come. I look forward to welcoming you to raise a glass or share a volcano bowl.

Okole Maluna!

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed link - 2012-05-10 09:35 ]

View Profile of BG_Reynolds Send a personal message to BG_Reynolds  Goto the website of BG_Reynolds     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 09:34 am   Permalink

Mazel Tov!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 09:40 am   Permalink

I'm glad the cat's out of the bag 'cuz I was bursting at the seams! Good luck on your new venture.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-05-10 09:49 am   Permalink

YAY!!

Swizzles?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 11:32 am   Permalink

Congrats! Good to know the place is in loving hands, and your expertise will draw folks near and far!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 4:58 pm   Permalink

YIPPEEEEE!!!

& Congrats, Blair!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-10 6:49 pm   Permalink

Awesome!! I saw this on Martin Cates and HumuHumu's facebook. Congrats.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-10 10:24 pm   Permalink

Will Thatch be closed for the time being?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2012-05-11 06:06 am   Permalink

Yes, Thatch is closed in the interim.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 3:39 pm   Permalink

Way to go Blair! That little tiki bar is in very good hands. Time for me to start planning another Portland trip I guess...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-11 4:52 pm   Permalink

Continuing my pattern of blissful ignorance...

Is this The Bar Formerly Known As Thatch?

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2012-05-11 6:22 pm   Permalink

Congratulations, this is great news. I'll plan my re-visit to PDX for *after* the opening.

Kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-11 6:28 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the new place! I'll be in Portland around July 4th. Will Hale Pele be open by then? I sure hope so, I would like to visit.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 9:51 pm   Permalink

Congrats B.G.!!

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BG_Reynolds

Posted: 2012-05-14 06:55 am   Permalink

and the full text of the press release... it's a bit more exciting than an e-mail sign up form and logo.

Portland, OR – This Fall, Portland’s newest watering hole Hale Pele will open with a bevy of tropical wonders for its patrons.

Located on NE Broadway, in the former space of Thatch Tiki Bar, Hale Pele will offer a list of classic exotic cocktails made with the finest ingredients and craft methods, as well as a list of “New Wave Tropicals”, featuring modern spirits & liqueurs. Paired with these world class drinks will be an all new robust contemporary food menu.

For over a decade, Hale Pele owner Blair Reynolds has been passionate about tropical cocktails. Founder of locally made B.G.Reynolds' Hand-Crafted Syrups, Blair Reynolds has created specialty tiki menus for bars in the Pacific Northwest, and lectured at Tales of the Cocktail, Portland Cocktail Camp, and the Great American Distillers Festival. Blair has contributed to several cocktail books, and served as an expert for Imbibe Magazine.

As a long-standing member and officer in the Oregon Bartenders Guild, Blair will bring a commitment to the consistency of the cocktails, using the freshest and highest quality ingredients and spirits available. “Too long has the word tiki been associated with bright red and pink drinks tasting of artificial coconut. Bringing in my years of research and study, I hope to serve Portland the best of tropical drinks both past and present,” says Reynolds.

Hale Pele will also include the great décor you’d expect from a world-class tiki bar, with interactive features, dancing waters, and other wonders from exotic isles. “I’m inspired by the unique décor of tiki bars from times past, and want to bring a bit of the novel fantasy of that bygone era into an exotic, yet welcoming environment. There is a story behind the setting, some of which will be revealed and some hidden. But beware of uncovering the mystery, lest you incur the wrath of Pele!”

View Profile of BG_Reynolds Send a personal message to BG_Reynolds  Goto the website of BG_Reynolds     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation