[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disney Aulani Resort
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Disney Aulani Resort
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-09 3:04 pm   Permalink

Micechat wrote up an article about Aulani celebrating its two year anniversary if anybody is interested.
http://micechat.com/44244-disneys-aulani-resort-celebrates-two-years/

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-10 10:24 am   Permalink

Good review.
Snorkling and water tubing for the family is emphasized.

Aulani opts for Menehune over Tiki:

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
savoy6
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-27 10:42 pm   Permalink

looks like a Hawaiian version of atlantis in the bahamas....

View Profile of savoy6 Send a personal message to savoy6      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-28 04:55 am   Permalink

Haha, Savoy6, that sounds like a very good encapsulation. Only one way to be certain - to go visit and check it out.

I'm guessing that Disney's Aulani isn't oceanfront - I have not heard of any beaches associated with the resort.

The Atlantis built a new timeshare resort adjacent to the original. This has made it virtually impossible to visit the famous "movie beaches" of that part of the island without being a paid guest, although you may be able to walk from adjacent resorts if you are willing to spend the time and a little extra cab fare. In years past I took great pride in sneaking in to all sorts of things on and around Atlantis.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 08:09 am   Permalink

It is oceanfront, but with man-made beach/lagoons....actually, there are no mellow family friendly beaches on the west coast over there....it's always too rough!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 09:47 am   Permalink

Here's the beach / lagoon at the Aulani, I took this last year the morning after a tsunami warning and the beach was closed.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation