FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Some of my work....I finally did it ;)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Some of my work....I finally did it ;)
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-26 10:18 am   Permalink

Hi everyone,

I first introduce myself on tiki central at the end of 2010 and then road life kept me away from carving and internet for a while. But recently, being fed up with fixing my van (40years old mercedes), which is also my house, I decided to have a go with some antler and tried my very first 3D-kind tiki carving. I only carved some maori inspired pendants before that.
And even though the result is far from what I can see on this forum, I decided that it was time to go back to carving more frequently and because coming back to tiki central was also part of my choice, I thought I should share some pictures with you.

My very first carving

My first bone pendant

Some others

This one still need is paua eye

And, the very first tiki and THE tools for it

Thank's for watching any comment or advice is more than welcome

Christophe

[ This Message was edited by: Cljha 2013-02-23 00:20 ]

View Profile of Cljha Send a personal message to Cljha  Email Cljha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-27 08:04 am   Permalink

I would say these are all excellent for someone just starting out. Keep going.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-27 11:00 am   Permalink

Thanks for your comment Amate, I will try to find some time for the next tiki, should be in birch, but I don't know yet about the size, it will depend on what I can get my hands on.....
About my work I should try to remember that the perfect is the enemy of the good, I always seem to reach a point where one curve does not "flow" enough and I sand to much...well, I guess that's the normal process of learning

[ This Message was edited by: Cljha 2012-05-27 11:04 ]

View Profile of Cljha Send a personal message to Cljha  Email Cljha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-27 11:28 am   Permalink

Nice work. Welcome back!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-27 11:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks BigT

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-28 06:28 am   Permalink

The small stuff is GREAT...keep it up. Now go for a BIG log and try something BIG!!!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-28 09:20 am   Permalink

Thanks Surfintiki, I would like to try some big stuff, but I live in a van with my other half and our 3 dogs, and between the bones and wood pieces (all over), the surfboards, the spear-fishing gear, the skateboard, the tools....etc, and due to the fact that my other half also do some clothe and leather work....well she might get cranky if I put a Big log in the middle of the van lol but I will find a way

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-29 03:48 am   Permalink

Beautiful work! Sometime when you have the space, the bigger stuff can happen.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-29 09:59 am   Permalink

Mahalo for your feedback McTiki. Hopefully, if I get lucky I should have some space within the next 2years....for the moment I'll keep with the small, but maybe bigger than the first one

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-29 1:55 pm   Permalink

very nice work!

welcome to the party!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-29 11:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks pjc5150.
I'm enjoying the party, so far the DJ is good and the vibes too.

Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-02 02:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-28 09:20, Cljha wrote:
Thanks Surfintiki, I would like to try some big stuff, but I live in a van with my other half and our 3 dogs, and between the bones and wood pieces (all over), the surfboards, the spear-fishing gear, the skateboard, the tools....etc, and due to the fact that my other half also do some clothe and leather work....well she might get cranky if I put a Big log in the middle of the van lol but I will find a way

Haha, I've got the same problem (well a small apartment). Just keep doing the small stuff mate!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Mess 2012-06-02 02:06 ]

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bagauda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-02 06:03 am   Permalink

salut merci pour le message
tes pendentifs sont super jolies
comment tu fais les cordons et les attaches sur les pendentifs

View Profile of bagauda Send a personal message to bagauda  Email bagauda Goto the website of bagauda     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-04 12:44 am   Permalink

Salut Bagauda,
merci pour le commentaire, pour les réponses, je t'ai envoyé un pm

Cljha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-04 04:06 am   Permalink

Some more work....
My very first moai, this idea came actually after seeing a moia by hang10tiki and finding a piece of wild cherry that was suppose to be burning wood

and 2 more maori hooks,
one from unknown driftwood

and a bone one which is the basic typical maori hook, style need the lashing on this one

6/6/2012, one update, Wild cherry maori Toki, with first try of "tattooing" some motifs, plus the closing pearl turn out of a wild cherry micro-burl

... back to carving...

[ This Message was edited by: Cljha 2012-06-06 07:41 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation