FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Carvings - jbensch
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Carvings - jbensch
jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-17 05:25 am   Permalink

Just a couple more. Thanks for all the kind words!

View Profile of jbensch Send a personal message to jbensch  Email jbensch Goto the website of jbensch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-17 07:37 am   Permalink

Time to try a full body - I think??

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-17 08:12 am   Permalink

AlohaStation - yeah, it's probably time to do a full body...I'm still practicing carving deep and getting clean lines.

View Profile of jbensch Send a personal message to jbensch  Email jbensch Goto the website of jbensch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-17 11:05 am   Permalink

hey bro, if you click on this and scroll about half way down on this page (which is page 94 of Buzzy's thread) he gives a short tutorial on how he cuts the body. I found it helpful back when I started doing bodies, hopefully it'll come in handy.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=19078&forum=7&start=1395

keep on truckin!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-17 11:19 am   Permalink

Thanks pjc5150! It definitely gives me some ideas. I still have plenty on the one I'm working on right now, maybe I'll make it full size...

Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 5:35 pm   Permalink

Very nice!

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fish Canoe

Posted: 2012-07-18 6:23 pm   Permalink

the under-bite puts the fierceness factor over the top. I like the way you do teeth, and I like the forehead crest bits as well. My wife just asked "what are you grimacing about?" I replied that I was grimacing like the tiki heads I was admiring. She thought I was staring at a spider on the wall or some such. That there is what you call a testimonial!

View Profile of Fish Canoe Send a personal message to Fish Canoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-21 4:00 pm   Permalink

I've just started another - I'm going to use this one as a shift knob for my car.

It's cherry, roughly 2 1/4 x 5.

I'm may offer resin copies later, the product mimics the wood grain rather nicely.

Obviously it's still in the working phase, I have a lot to do...the cherry is kill my knives.

jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-25 04:39 am   Permalink

Another WIP shot. Nowhere near done, but you get the general idea.

jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-25 6:22 pm   Permalink

Another one, it's getting cleaner and a bit more cut.

...almost done...

jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-30 05:34 am   Permalink

Here's one more of the cherry shift knob.

I need to finish the teeth, level out the base and then one more light round of sanding.

jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-30 05:36 am   Permalink

I added a body to my most recent maple tiki.

Not sure if he's laughing or just ate some bad shrimp the night before.

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 06:05 am   Permalink

works either way

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-17 04:45 am   Permalink

I've finally completed the cherry shift knob. Now it's time to find either a t-nut or rubber grommet and attach it to the shifter arm.

jbensch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-29 07:01 am   Permalink

I've started something quite a bit bigger - the biggest I've tried to date.

It's still rough and I'm undecided on if the mouth should be open or closed. I have big plans for the sides/back - we'll see if I follow through.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation