FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 7:35 pm   Permalink

Sometimes you just need to let off some steam, Air complaints, Nothing wrong with that
And Dusty has a valid issue, As long as we are talking about it & not attacking each other
it could lead to some good.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-27 9:43 pm   Permalink

Wha?!? Atomic Tiki Punk, Tiki Central mediator?
Sorry I was just caught off guard. Dusty it is a good idea to have a solo, what is it, thread I apologize for not saying so before.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 11:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-27 21:43, tikicoma wrote:
Wha?!? Atomic Tiki Punk, Tiki Central mediator?
Sorry I was just caught off guard. Dusty it is a good idea to have a solo, what is it, thread I apologize for not saying so before.

aloha, tikicoma

I know! what was I thinking? everyone looks to me for attitude.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 1:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I think I have a simple solution to these threads. Pretend WE don't know. Anytime a new one pops up, the first one to see it posts this following response.

"I'm sorry. I really don't know. I've never seen anything like that before on Tiki Central. Thus, it must be worth BILLIONS, so I'd sell it on ebay right away with a starting price of $100,000. Good luck."

Then, any of us (that does know) that sees that response doesn't post on the thread, EVER. It sinks and because of the title becomes unsearchable. People will stop asking.

Problem solved.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 6:43 pm   Permalink

Well put Phillip. Either that or just do not respond at all. The problem is it's very hard to bite your tongue sometimes and just let it go.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-01 10:07 am   Permalink

Wow, what have I helped to start... As you might know I'm the one who asked about the Pineapple wall carvings,,referred to as "hacked wood"..lol
I bought those wall hangings at an estate sale in La Canada, Ca. The women said they came from a bar her neighbor used to own 50 years ago and the crack in the girl one was from when a drunk threw a Mai Tai at the bartender...he ducked and the wall hanging fell and cracked..lol

I searched the internet looking for info on them, found nothing, hence I came here to ask about them....found an answer: "Hacked Wood from the Philippines"..

So I put them up in my home bar..hoping some day a drunk throws a Mai Tai at me and cracks the other one...

Mahalo

Oh and they are carved Walnut...

View Profile of tikijim Send a personal message to tikijim  Goto the website of tikijim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Quiet Village
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-10 3:06 pm   Permalink

I know this isnt the official thread for the topic, but maybe this is best place for the time being..

Is this wood carving witco?

View Profile of The Quiet Village Send a personal message to The Quiet Village      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 3:13 pm   Permalink

It certainly looks like a Witco but I am not familiar with it, nor do I have any idea what it's supposed to be? Aside from that the wood grain and overall blocky-ness does have their quality and the mouth reminds me of their work?
I'd say probably.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Quiet Village
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-10 6:49 pm   Permalink

Thank you very much for your help Bosko!

View Profile of The Quiet Village Send a personal message to The Quiet Village      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 7:38 pm   Permalink

It's a rare Witco -Tiki- Jackalope.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2012-07-10 19:40 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 7:59 pm   Permalink

I am not sure Bosko? look at the Burn/Finish, its pretty sloppy for an original Witco
I have never seen as pronounced burnt charcoal areas as those on a authentic Witco piece
But then again Bosko has seen more Witco then I have, Bosko take a second look?

And what the hell is it supposed to be, A rabbit?

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 3:58 pm   Permalink

That reminds me of the Baldknobbers from the Branson, MO area. They were characters from hillbilly folklore.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-17 11:19 pm   Permalink

It's a goat...

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Quiet Village
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-21 1:46 pm   Permalink

Actually I think it is early example of witco's foray into wooden robot art, I think he has been upside down the whole time

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-10 05:52 am   Permalink

I know I've seen mugs like this here somewhere... but I don't know where and I can't identify this mug I found. Wazzits?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation