FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl September 15th, 2012
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl September 15th, 2012
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 4:48 pm   Permalink

Your liver may be punished enough after the Crawl but...

For those of you who decide to spend the night and stay in the area you may be interested to know that North County San Diego is a MECCA for Craft Breweries.

Many of these breweries are less that 4 miles from our house and if you stay in the Park Hyatt some are less than 1 mile away. Great Beers fresh from the tap. Lots of specialty brews that never get bottled or distributed.

These are not brewpubs or restaurants... just glorious production warehouses with a tasting room inside. Its a great experience.

Iron Fist Brewing Company
1305 Hot Spring Way, Vista, CA
IronFistBrewing.com

Aztec Brewing Company
2330 La Mirada Drive #300, Vista, CA
AztecBrewery.com

Latitude 33 Brewing Company
1430 Vantage Court #104, Vista, CA
Lat33brew.com

Mother Earth Brew Co
2055 Thibodo Rd Ste H, Vista,CA
MotherEarthBrewco.com

Stumblefoot Brewing Co
1784 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, CA 92078
stumblefoot.com

Port Brewing / The Lost Abbey
155 Mata Way #104, San Marcos, CA
LostAbbey.com

Enjoy.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-02 17:09 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-17 12:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

Tiki Oasis veteran? Newbie? Or just plain couldn't make it this year?

WARNING! Post Oasis depression may not yet be in the DSM IV, but it's REAL and sure to make it into the next revision. Turn that frown upside down and join your fellow tikiphiles and fun loving peeps, in the back of the bus, on the North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl, Sept 15th.

For everyone's convenience, safety, and FUN, I've chartered a school bus to chauffeur us on this jaunt through North County's finest home tiki bars. Our 5 hour tour will be departing 11:30 am from Monkeyman's South Pacific Room and returning approximately 4:30 when and where you're invited to stay and enjoy until ready to leave (or Monkeyman kicks us out). Bus passes are a lucky $13 per person, and a heck of a lot cheaper and more fun then a DUI. Libations are allowed on the bus and the company has graciously offered us a "cooler on board" at our disposal.

PM for directions and to reserve your spot! Seating is limited and once post Oasis depression sets in we're sure to fill quickly.

Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: whoseyrtiki 2012-08-17 05:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: whoseyrtiki 2012-08-20 09:04 ]

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki*doll

Posted: 2012-08-17 08:07 am   Permalink

Love this idea - hoping we can join the fun (prior commitment the evening of the 15th but might be able to work something out!) *Great chatting w/ you last night, Roxanne!

View Profile of Tiki*doll Send a personal message to Tiki*doll      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-17 11:03 am   Permalink

DJ Just added !!!!

Jeff (Bigtikidude) will be DJ'ing at the South Pacific Room and taking good care of us with his awesome mix of eclectic tunes.

Thanks Jeff.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 2:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeff !

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 3:53 pm   Permalink

Ok folks... the RSVP list currently sits at 35 people and we are placing a cap of 50 people on the crawl.

Get your spot on the bus before they are all gone.

PM Whoseyrtiki for instructions on the bus ride.

PM Monkeyman to be place on the Evite and receive directions/instructions/updates etc.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-23 14:16 ]

whoseyrtiki

Posted: 2012-08-23 11:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Tiki Oasis veteran? Newbie? Or just plain couldn't make it this year?

WARNING! Post Oasis depression may not yet be in the DSM IV, but it's REAL and sure to make it into the next revision. Turn that frown upside down and join your fellow tikiphiles and fun loving peeps, in the back of the bus, on the North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl, Sept 15th.

For everyone's convenience, safety, and FUN, I've chartered a school bus to chauffeur us on this jaunt through North County's finest home tiki bars. Our 5 hour tour will be departing 11:30 am from Monkeyman's South Pacific Room and returning approximately 4:30 when and where you're invited to stay and enjoy until ready to leave (or Monkeyman kicks us out). Bus passes are a lucky $13 per person, and a heck of a lot cheaper and more fun then a DUI. Libations are allowed on the bus and the company has graciously offered us a "cooler on board" at our disposal.

PM for directions and to reserve your spot! Seating is limited and once post Oasis depression sets in we're sure to fill quickly.

Mahalo
[/quote]

Just a friendly reminder... this event caps out at 50 participants and we're filling up fast! If you want in on the fun RSVP ASAP or risk missing out.

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki

Posted: 2012-08-25 6:31 pm   Permalink

Now collecting fares. $13 per person gets you out from behind the driver's seat and into our chauffeured party bus. This is a great way to keep the party going without risk of DUI or overwhelming the host's parking as we travel from location to location. If you've Already RSVP'd with Monkeyman, please see your email for Evite blast with PayPal details.

Reminder that this event caps at 50 people and as of this morning I was told we are at 43 RSVPs. Don't wait and risk the uncertainty of being wait listed or worse yet missing out all together.

PM either Monkeyman or myself, whoseyrtiki if you've any questions.

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone the 15th!

Mahalo!

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 11:33 am   Permalink

Some Teaser Pics added for Jason and Michelles "Hidden Valley Hideout"
On PAGE 1

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-28 11:52 ]

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 11:46 am   Permalink

Where's the pics

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 1:42 pm   Permalink

I'll post some progress photos next week of "sweet 808" ........which is still under construction ( I seem to do my best work if there's a deadline involved). We'll have an indoor bar and a pool-side bar for your crawling enjoyment. We're looking forward to seeing you on the 15th.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 2:12 pm   Permalink

We really wish we could go!!!!!!!! We are having a birthday party for one of our daughters on that night.

We know a lot of tiki people and artists in other cities, but not many in San Diego county.

We are constantly reinventing our tiki backyard and would like to see inspiration from other yards.

We are in Kensington (near Mission Valley) and would love to have some people over and vice-versa...

My wife is a professional bartender (I think they call them mixologists now) and she always comes up with insanely great drinks. She also makes great pulled pork (no jokes please)... Haha!!!

Let me know if anyone is interested having a small gathering, even if it's only one person.

We only started collecting and converting since March and we'd really like to know more tiki people in San Diego...

Mahalo!
Steve

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-28 4:01 pm   Permalink

I am hoping to attend or at least as many as I can. I have an other thing in the evening. I am in Escondido and am working on my tiki lounge. I would love to see what other tikiphiles in North County are doing.

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 4:17 pm   Permalink

Nice !

Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-28 5:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Jason! I am trying to decide where best to display the Jason Lee and the RIP Tides mug I am getting.

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation