FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2012 Sacramento Capital Tiki Living Space Tour (Oct 12,13,14) PICTURES start pg6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
2012 Sacramento Capital Tiki Living Space Tour (Oct 12,13,14) PICTURES start pg6
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 9:04 pm   Permalink

I would love one of the crawl mugs. And can't wait to meet you and every one at the crawl.

[ This Message was edited by: anthonymaye 2012-08-02 21:05 ]

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-03 10:54 am   Permalink

Thanks anthonymaye you are on the list. We look forward to meeting you at the crawl. Wendy

Progress Report:

Menu from the long gone Hawaiian Hut that was in West Sacramento.

The Sacramento Crawl mug. The first two came out of the molds yesterday.

They are rough and need a lot of fine tuning.

Mold line are bad because I had to dig the original out of the molds.

I decided to carry on the carving around the mug. All done by hand. I still need to fine tune the words at the bottom.

These will be glazed and hand painted.

On the first two I'll use to find the right glaze and paint colors. They are missing one element. I forgot to add the lei around the girls neck after taking it out of the mold. I'll remember on the rest of them. Any one can ask to be on the left-overs list. Those who attend get them first.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 5:07 pm   Permalink

They are gonna be exquisite! To me they have a real early '50s vibe, what time period was the Hut open for business? See ya soon Wendy!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 08:22 am   Permalink

The Blue Kahuna - thank you. The only information I have comes from
Psycho Tiki D's thread here on Tiki Central. Check it out.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40039&forum=2

and in that thread he sends us to one on the Zombie Hut which my first Crawl mug was based on.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37968&forum=2&vpost=595424&hilite=Zombie Hut

Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-08-04 08:24 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 09:24 am   Permalink

Wendy Sac Crawl Mugs...COLLECT THEM ALL!!!

This one is turning out great too...kudos to you and Dan for all your hard work. Looking forward to seeing the glaze when you get to that step.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-05 07:29 am   Permalink

Hi VampiressRN, For fun I'll take a photo of the three lined up when I have the tests completed.

I've got two in the kiln that I'll test glaze, these two drying in the shed and two more in the mold.

Cheers, Wendy

stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

YIKES! I can't believe I missed this post!

Please put me down for a mug and attendance at everything...

Mahalo, Steve

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 08:47 am   Permalink

Hi Steve, I've added your name to the list, thank you. What a fun party last night. It was fantastic to see everyone.

When we got home we went to work.

We poured two more crawl mugs.

I added the lines to these two that were now leather hard.

I added Sac Ohana Crawl to the bottoms.

Now its time to do more. Wendy

jdseeks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-06 1:51 pm   Permalink

My wife Julie and I would love to attend the Sacramento tiki tour for the first time. The mug is fantastic!!! Please sign us up for one. Mahalo!

-Jim

View Profile of jdseeks Send a personal message to jdseeks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-09 9:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Jim and Julie, contact VampiressRN with a personal message. She'll get you on the list for messages. If you are not part of the Sacramento Ohana page on facebook ask to have that activated too. This is a great group of people and we have lots of fun together. It will be terrific to have you join. Wendy

Two at a time the numbers are growing. Thanks for all the orders.

This shows how they shrink as they dry. Then they shrink again during the first firing.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-08-09 21:22 ]

Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-10 2:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha. Hopefully it is not too late for my wife and I to sign up for the crawl and a mug. It'll be our first time as well. Mahalo. PS Your artistry is amazing. I'm a little bummed that I missed out on prior years.

My wife and I are thinking of making a weekend out of it and doing all 3 days, could anyone please suggest a nice B&B or hotel to stay in? Mahalo!!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Aloha 2012-08-13 14:57 ]

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-15 2:27 pm   Permalink

Please include Eva and I for the weekend and 1 mug!
For all I know we may be living in the Sacramento area by October....but that's more like 2013
Since we didn't get to do Oasis or any of this year's events maybe we'll find a cool hotel, spend 3 days and have Oasis North!!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-16 10:02 am   Permalink

I like the Woodlake hotel. It's centrally located and has a real nice vibe. Get a room on the lake if you can.
http://www.radissonsac.com/

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-20 1:08 pm   Permalink

Mahalo LiddleLola. That place looks great. Unfortunately, due to work and other commitments, my wife and I are only going to be able to do Saturday this year.

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-24 06:51 am   Permalink

Mr.Aloha and Dr.TikiMojo you have both been put on the mug list. Thank you!

Progress Report:

Each day we are able to pour 2 mugs.

I clean off the mold lines and cut off the excess in the garage.

Then I move the work to the family room where there is a TV.

I fine tune the sculpture, add my name and Sac Ohana Crawl to the bottom and carve all the lines around the mug.

I have 16 of the run drying and two in molds ready to open today.

Thank you for keeping me busy. Our crawl is so much fun. I love being a part of its history. Cheers, Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation