FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2012 Sacramento Capital Tiki Living Space Tour (Oct 12,13,14) PICTURES start pg6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
2012 Sacramento Capital Tiki Living Space Tour (Oct 12,13,14) PICTURES start pg6
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 10:37 am   Permalink

Wendy, I'm really digging the mug this year! It's fabulous, just like you! Thank you for your lovely tribute the our crawl each year.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-01 02:13 am   Permalink

Hi Sacramento Ohana and all of our friends. September is here. That means I better get these crawl mugs finished. I've got 20 out of the kiln. So soon I'll glaze a couple and hand paint the detail so you can see the finished product. At that time I'll come up with the price. It will not be more than $80.

Please post a message on this thread if you would like a mug and I'll add you to the list. Soon I'll be stopping production of the mugs so I can concentrate on glazing them.

We are so excited for this crawl. VampiressRN/Marlene you are doing a fabulous job to pull this off.

Brenda thank you so much. We are fond of this mug. I hope I can do it justice when I add the cold paint. Wish me luck. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-03 07:59 am   Permalink

Hi Ohana and friends, we continue to pour and to build the inventory. My goal is to have 40 mugs Made for the crawl. In addition I may have a few specials unless Dan swipes them for his work.

12 more drying, it is getting close to the 40.

This year Dan's name will join mine on the bottom of the mug. He's helped me every day. I love this man, 35 years of bliss!

I should be able to show you a finished mug with a price by September 14th. That is my goal.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-03 3:54 pm   Permalink

Were only about a month away form the Sacramento Home Space Crawl. Sign up now and let Wendy know if you want a mug, she is busy at the kiln!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
revcole

Posted: 2012-09-03 9:58 pm   Permalink

Jenny & I will be attending Fri, Sat & Sun

View Profile of revcole Send a personal message to revcole  Goto the website of revcole     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 8:51 pm   Permalink

I'm in for the crawl, hosting at the foot of the might Mt. Ubangee and I'm in for a mug as well Wendy.

oooppss... already replied early on...

must be the rum I'm having while fine tuning the fires deep within Mt. Ubangee...

consider this a little bump.

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2012-09-04 20:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2012-09-04 20:56 ]

View Profile of Choptop Send a personal message to Choptop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 09:03 am   Permalink

I am hoping to make the list for out of town mugs! PM sent!

Mahalo

David

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-05 11:11 pm   Permalink

I had to change the venue at my place for Saturday night....

Be prepared to experience a...TRIBUTE TO FRANK SINATRA!!! Enjoy the sounds of Ole' Blue Eyes while sipping on my own concoction THE BLUE NOTE COCKTAIL.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-06 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hi Vamp. Very cool.

Tomorrow will be the last day I pour mugs. I need to start the glazing process and the hand painting.

Please sign up even if you are only thinking about it. No obligation I just don't want to run out. If I find I haven't done enough I'l start up again after I have some completed.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-09 08:01 am   Permalink

The last two mugs have been poured and are drying. As soon as the last batch is fired I'll begin to glaze.

This crawl is going to be such fun. Thank you Marlene/VampiressRN.

Cheers, Wendy

All my bisque fired ware waiting for glaze.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:25 am   Permalink

The last load of mugs come out of the bisque fire tomorrow. Today I go to Alpha to pick up the Caribbean Blue glaze. Soon we'll be off and running with this project. The days are short and the work steps are long. Wish me luck.

VampiressRN this crawl is going to be the bomb thanks to you, Wendy and Dan

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-13 10:18 pm   Permalink

Thought of you (Wendy & Dan) tonight as Huell Howser (California Gold TV Show), just did a tour of the Lincoln (where I live) Gladding McBean Ceramics Company. That place is amazing. Have you guys been there? If not, we need to do a tour, even my Mom was blown away.

HEY EVERYONE...plan on joining our 3 day tour...we have got great surprises for you, a wonderful market place at Matt's and the fabulous Wendy/Dan crawl mug.

Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-14 12:37 am   Permalink

How's all of my Sac Ohana?

Wendy I sure hope I'm not too late to get a mug and a spot on the crawl. I just saw a FB post and joined the Sac Ohana group. That's how I found this thread.

I'll be looking for a place to crash too. If anyone knows of a bed or box I can sleep in I'd be very grateful. (That is assuming it's not closed yet. I'll read it tomorrow.)

Eric From Napa aka
Savage Tiki

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-14 3:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Eric...hope you can join us. My Mom moved in with me and figure Sandy will stay in the bungalow and I have some things under construction so don't think I have any room in the inn. Bring a friend or give a shout out here to see if someone can split a hotel room with ya.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-16 07:21 am   Permalink

This weekend we are trying to glaze all of the Sacramento Crawl mugs. This is the first time I've had them all together in one place. First we glazed the insides and turned them over to drain.

Then I painted the bottom 3 times in the center and once around the edge.

I want a scattering of spots on the outside of the mug so I painted a light coat of the spotted glaze on the outside, the inside will have major spotting.

Close up.

Next up will be spray painting outside.

Our house has been taken over by tikis! Oh wait that's nothing new.

Cheers, Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation