FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » New Zealand Wine....the Wine of Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Zealand Wine....the Wine of Tiki?
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-19 20:49, tikikiwi wrote:
http://www.ti-toki.com/

Now, THAT'S a crock!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 10:38 am   Permalink

There are beaucoups of info on TC on obtaining/ordering bottles of the Pisco maui bottle, via "Search".

e.g.:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=674&forum=5

But now I MUST have a bottle of the Maori Ti-Toki! That is GORgeous. I've emailed the company to ask about shipping to the US. It'll probably be prohibitive.

Er, anyone going to NZ anytime soon??
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:02 am   Permalink

my niece is in n.z. right at this very moment. i asked her to pick me up a bottle -- she said she saw one but didn't want to cart it all over the country in her luggage for a month, so i'm hoping she finds one just before she leaves & doesn't forget. i doubt very much she'd be interested in carting two bottles back (she's studying in australia until july). sorry.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 12:39 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:57 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 8:52 pm   Permalink

I just did a web search, and I can't find anyone who sells it anywhere but Australia and New Zealand.

The duty free shop in NZ seels it for NZ $52.50, which comes to US $35.93 for the Tiki bottle, and NZ $22.95 for a plain old non-Tiki bottle (that's US $15.71). ...but you have to pick it up in person at the NZ airport! D'oh!

Bottle is more than double the cost of the booze. Guess they know what people REALLY want.

Here's the link:

http://www.regency.co.nz/shop/Shop/Details.cfm/Uj0xNTYxNDcuNDg0ODg1JlByb2R1Y3RJRD0zMDMxNjc1MzMwOTcDptzkrVhmcnv745x498

I also emailed the guy at the Ti-Toki.com web site to see if he can ship some to USA. Might have to grab a few bottles in time for Oasis...

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2004-02-20 21:00 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-21 8:01 pm   Permalink

What a Crock...to have, I'd love one.
Anyway abck to NZ Wine.
There is a Winery.Tohu Wines - New Zealand's first Maori wine exporter. This is owned and run by Maori's and the grapes are grown on land in Gisborne, Marlborough and Nelson, some of New Zealand’s top wine growing regions.
Read the story
http://www.nzte.govt.nz/article/0,1973,SectionID%253D11894%2526ContentID%253D5513,00.html and decide for yourself about drinking the wine.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-02-21 20:01 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-21 11:11 pm   Permalink

Judds Hill!!! Finger it out People!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation