FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My new Hut..the beginning....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
My new Hut..the beginning....
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 11:32 am   Permalink

I'm not using a plunge router...although it would probably make life easier at times. No dremel tool either. Just going slow, setting the router at different depths and being careful.
It a classic case of I had no idea what I'm doing, so I had no idea if I'm doing it wrong.

In the words of Indiana Jones..."I don't know, I'm making this up as I go"....

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 5:39 pm   Permalink

Couple of new router carvings in the Maori beam...

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 09:17 am   Permalink

More nice Router work. Keep it coming!

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-31 3:52 pm   Permalink

The ceiling is starting to come together slightly.... need bamboo to cover the ridge beam down the center.
More carved beams are done. The hawaii, maori, rapa nui, south pacific, and PNG beams are all done.

here are the PNG images I carved. They are all based on actual pieces I found on different PNG museum sites... all are 3 1/2 inches in height.... not a lot of room for detail...

I used an owl feather I found in my backyard for this one...

these were taking before the stain, but you get the idea anyway

Once again...I should be done 2 weeks after I"m dead...

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-31 8:14 pm   Permalink

Eric great job on making your own art pieces. I am thinking of doing same but not sure exactly how. Clever use of the owl feather. Keep us posted.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-03 4:44 pm   Permalink

Awesome job so far. Keep up the great work!

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 6:00 pm   Permalink

Love the routing on the beams....have fun with those masks!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 5:16 pm   Permalink

I spent this week building all the supports and today I cut the holes for the last of the porthole windows... casualty, 1 cheap @ss black and decker jig saw....

Now I have to put in the insulation and put up the wall boards. Hey its only 101 degrees out, wearing long sleeves for insulation sounds great!! Then build the tunnels between the outside and inside portholes to make them weather and leak proof.

Heres the outside view with the unfinished fake doors... which will make sense later in the project....

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt 2013-08-23 17:17 ]

Tipsy Yeti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-23 5:26 pm   Permalink

Wow, the details are amazing!

View Profile of Tipsy Yeti Send a personal message to Tipsy Yeti  Email Tipsy Yeti Goto the website of Tipsy Yeti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-28 2:24 pm   Permalink

Some tapa print up on the wall...

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-04 6:05 pm   Permalink

Got the tapa on the east wall done. Some Lauhala matting on the west wall... cutting it around the porthole was not fun...

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-04 6:53 pm   Permalink

Dude, u r cruZin now
Lookin good
Keep up the show

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-30 4:21 pm   Permalink

getting some bamboo up, covering all the screw holes with the lauhala braid, and routing the boards to cover the matting seams on the ceiling....

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-01 08:02 am   Permalink

I'm digging the beams and portholes.

When are you going to put in the Ship's door?

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-01 2:32 pm   Permalink

Ships door will be soon....hopefully. Lot of problems are going to come with it. I'm doing almost all of this by myself and the door is way too heavy, so I have to wait for some help.
I have to build the closet incredibly strong to support the door because its so heavy.
Then the brackets have to be custom made at a metal shop so the door will swing open and fully function.

No instruction manual for this install.... lol

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation