FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-24 08:41 am   Permalink

This summer's big project was a pool renovation. This project added a bench and stairs (and new handrail), repaired (replaced bottom drain) and improved pool plumbing (2 new return ports), replaced the worst concrete around the pool (spalling, cracked, & un-level), refinished pool coping (sanded to bare metal and repainted grey), and replaced the liner, and added a built in underwater light. Many of these items have been on my hit list for more than 15 years.

So while this isn't a pool forum, I'll share some pics since it's part of my outdoor tiki space.

First we installed the bench and steps

Then removed some most of the cracked concrete around the pool:

Replacing drain on bottom of pool (leaked and plugged since I have owned the house):

Installed new liner:

Poured new concrete:

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-24 08:44 am   Permalink

More pool at completion. (Well water still clearing in pool so its not as blue in this photo.)

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-24 08:48 am   Permalink

Here are some night photos:

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-24 3:10 pm   Permalink

Damn that looks great!

I can't even dream the cost, ours need to be redone and I hope it goes well for the new people that buy our house someday.

We did that seventeen years ago and it was costly then.

This was one of the best pool summers ever here in Ohio, I think we had like 25 over 90 degree days and it did not rain every other day.
Plus sun, We had SUN this summer!

Keep pics commin.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-24 3:13 pm   Permalink

I did want to add this from the net as well.

"Drumming
Drumming is the term given to a woodpecker's habit of hammering loudly and rapidly onto some resonating surface, such as a dying tree, stop sign, chimney, or house. Since woodpeckers do not have a song as do passerine birds, drumming may serve as a territorial signal similar to bird song and it may also serve to attract a mate. Both sexes are known to drum."

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation