FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikipops Lamps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tikipops Lamps
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-25 6:05 pm   Permalink

Here are some new lamps. I hadn't worked on anything in while. I am doing some router carving to add to my personal touch.

I like the traditional ones too.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip

Posted: 2013-03-25 7:11 pm   Permalink

Nice job.
Your router carving is very good too!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-26 03:32 am   Permalink

Best use I've seen for ugly thrift store glass vases yet. Good job, man.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-27 08:54 am   Permalink

I love these. You are inspiring me to want to make some lamps myself....

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:43 am   Permalink

Tikiskip: I'm having fun with the router. I learn new tricks each time I use it.

Hale Tiki: Cheap yes, but ugly? I think they clean up nice. Like putting lipstick on a pig. I've got one in the works for a friend that I think you'll say now that's beautiful!! I'll be posting soon.

Gwen: Everyone here on TC inspired me, so go it!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPops 2013-03-27 10:44 ]

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 11:53 am   Permalink

They do.

Ugly by themselves, beautiful in a lamp.

I dig it. And the hole in the top means being able to put a light in. Brilliant!

Can't wait to see the new ones.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 2:18 pm   Permalink

love the fish!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 9:06 pm   Permalink

Hey Amy thanks for the good words.

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-10 9:34 pm   Permalink

Hale Tiki: Here ya go. Here's one with cheap thrift store glass that I think is totally tiki. My friend TikiRootsRocka (Mike) found the glass & asked me to make him a lamp. His request was "Dark Wood & Tribal. I did some router work to both side of each shape. I think I hit his request on the money. He was stoked when I gave it him at the last ITMP.
The router work staring.

Assembled without electrical.

Electrical in & hanging up

Here are the last ones I posted hanging up.

Thanks again to all.

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 03:47 am   Permalink

Nice! Dig it. I think you definitely hit on your own style.

I still think that the glass by itself is ugly as sin, and not in a good way, but man, do they ever shine in those lamps.

Pun intended, I guess.

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 04:33 am   Permalink

Nice !! I appreciate the use of those mosaic candle holders. I see those things all over at the goodwill shops and it never occured to me that those would ever have a use to anyone other than candle holders, but you did a great job of combining them into hawaiian style lamps and really creating your own style. keep up the good work !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 07:15 am   Permalink

HaleTiki: Thanks again for looking. Your right, some of them alone aren't much to look at. They have to be the right shape & color to be incorporated into a tiki design. I found a really cool one the other day but it was pink & purple. Even I couldn't see tiki in that one.

Tipsy McStagger: Thanks! I like looking for found objects to incorporate into a lamp design. The router work is becoming a passion for me too.

Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-11 08:25 am   Permalink

That new one with the brown glass inlaid mosaic look is just wonderful. And no doubt time consuming to make. I hope you are charging a good price when you sell these.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip

Posted: 2013-04-11 09:03 am   Permalink

The good thing is since he "found the glass"
Someone else made the glass part.
And you can find em cheap at the thrift stores.
To make that yourself and try to make any money would be hard.

Dam the time spent with the router is long enough.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-11 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-11 09:03, tikiskip wrote:
The good thing is since he "found the glass"
Someone else made the glass part.
And you can find em cheap at the thrift stores.
To make that yourself and try to make any money would be hard.

Dam the time spent with the router is long enough.

I wondered if that was the case... and yeah, time consuming enough just doing the router work.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation