FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving KeverC's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
KeverC's Stuff
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-04 4:52 pm   Permalink

very nice Chris...

new tools and the discoveries that go with 'em are always a rush...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 02:56 am   Permalink

I like that 'Lucha Libre' thing you've got going on, as the other guys have already said, don't be afraid to go a bit deeper...

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-05 5:07 pm   Permalink

i put the new tools to work today and i am amazed at how well they work. just getting started but i figured i would share some pics.

thanks
Chris

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 5:52 pm   Permalink

nice start!

I can already see that you're about to step it up a notch on this one...

nice tools make everything better...

and always remember the mantra....GO DEEP!!!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

i got up this morning and got right to work. after about 4 hours of switching between the chisels and the die grinder my compressor kicked the bucket. lol always buy the extended warranty. so off to Lowe's i went to get a new one lol. i hope to have some pics for you guys tomorrow. the whole time i am out there working on this tiki a voice in the back of my head keeps saying "Go Deeper" lol. how deep is deep enough?

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-07 12:26 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff

"How Deep" = when the piece no longer looks like a log...

Mahalo!

McTiki

Ps.....spend time equally with family or this shit will make a hermit of you.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-07 7:15 pm   Permalink

the tiki i am working on now is coming along. i am trying to take my time so i dont hurt myself or make any mistakes that would mess up the tiki. those burrs are amazing. they remove wood really fast and are pretty easy to control. the lancelot how ever is a whole different animal. like you said it is a honey badger. that thing removes wood but is much harder to control.

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: Keverc 2012-10-18 21:17 ]

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-10-07 7:29 pm   Permalink

I'm liking the Ellis influence with the grasping hands around the legs - very nice touch! This tiki is coming along VERY nicely...I'm digging how so many carvers on here start with the legs and work their way up!

Quote:
how deep is deep enough?

My answer? - when you chop ALL THE WAY through the log.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-16 4:56 pm   Permalink

this tiki is coming right along. i am pretty happy with how it is turning out. there are a few things i will do differently next time. i learn something new every time i work on one of these tikis.

not done yet but getting close. i hope you guys like it.
Chris

CrazyCapizzi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-17 04:08 am   Permalink

Thanks for checking out my stuff, looking good yourself. I have not tried a body yet

View Profile of CrazyCapizzi Send a personal message to CrazyCapizzi  Goto the website of CrazyCapizzi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-21 4:37 pm   Permalink

A little gift i made for my buddies daughter's birthday.
hope she likes it

Chris

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-22 09:05 am   Permalink

cool stuff Chris...

looks like you're having fun with those new toys...

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-22 11:33 am   Permalink

You have burrs. Very stoked for you!

Nice firstys! Esp the skull

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-22 5:02 pm   Permalink

thanks guys. yeah those burrs are really nice and have allowed me to do some things that would have been very tricky with the tools i was using. the little skull i knocked out pretty fast for my friend's kids birthday. i met him about a month before she was born. she turned 16 today so i thought it would be cool to make a little something for her. she was very stoked when i gave the little skull to her. it is a pretty cool feeling to have people like the art you made and the look on her face when i handed the little skull to her was worth a million bucks.

Chris

RIOTURBAN
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-25 2:09 pm   Permalink

hey KeverC,
nice tikis,i see you got totally hooked!
haven`t been on TC for a wile but its good to be here again!
best wishes and happy carving!

View Profile of RIOTURBAN Send a personal message to RIOTURBAN  Email RIOTURBAN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation