FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2013 Official Thread and Announcement
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 3:58 pm   Permalink

Dig em, Johnnie!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 10:15 pm   Permalink

Nice Mr. Velour!!

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 07:36 am   Permalink

Atending, not vending. Not enough time to ship anything BUT if you want me to bring you something I can make a delivery. I'll be there first thing Thursday morning. PM me if you want me to bring you a print of my Tiki Mag cover, or a shirt or hand bag listed in my etys shop.
Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 10:19 am   Permalink

Hey Hukilau people I will bring rattan so I can affix Rattan chain to my lights if needed.
So if you have a light AND you have some rattan chain that you would like me to
link together I will do this for you if you bring both of these items to Hukilau.
Will not charge you for this service.
Or stop by and I can show you how to do it yourself when you get home.
I'll even give you the rattan you need to do this yourself when you get home.
Call it a free mini seminar.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›•:*TIKISKIP™*:•:*MAKES*:•:*FLOAT*:•:*LIGHTS*:•‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›

__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 10:22 am   Permalink

Bring plenty for me Tiki Skip!!! That is incrdible!!!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 11:39 am   Permalink

Thanks TK.
And if you have a question about a light or some rattan item and
how to fix said item take a photo of this thing and bring it to
Hukilau and I may have an idea as to how it could be fixed.
Going to be lots of hang around down time at the booth, so am going
to tie floats make rattan chain ECT...
~~~(_~~~(_~~~(_~~~(_~~Smooth sailin with TIKISKIP Lights~~(_~~~(_~~~(_~~~(_~~~

"Let us sale one to you"

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 8:20 pm   Permalink

This may be your last opportunity to pick up an authentic Mai-Kai chair ... for just $10 each.

The Mai-Kai wants The Hukilau attendees to have the last chance to buy before they're sold off locally. These are the used chairs from the bar and dining rooms that were replaced in 2009 and have been in storage since.

Buyers will need to take the chairs with them. No shipping is available. If you're interested, contact Pia Dahlquist at
pia@maikai.com or ask for her during the event.

Here's a previous thread on the original chair sale in 2010:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37372&forum=5

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 03:46 am   Permalink

I got two of those, they were one of the best birthday presents ever. Maybe I'll have to buy a few more and ship them back...

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 06:31 am   Permalink

I wish an unnamed local tiki bar would buy these and get rid of the torture chambers they
call chairs.
Good price Too!

Here is a few new ones fer ya.
First one is Fish in a float with glass.
The second and third one is a Fish in a float with no glass.

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-Google "Tiki bar lights" To find TIKISKIP-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-

¦:-·:*''""*:·.-:¦:-**-:¦:-·:*''""*:·.-:¦

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-06-03 06:32 ]

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 09:16 am   Permalink

We just played our last show before The Hukilau, at the Huntington Beach Pier on Sunday. I gotta say, we're all warmed up and ready to go!
Just four days till we play The Hukilau! Can't wait!!

(Photo by John-O)

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2013-06-03 09:17 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 11:41 am   Permalink

wooohooo, Dawn and I leave tomorrow night! Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones
and go put my toes in some warm sand and beach water while drinking a cocktail made with
Deadhead rum! heehee....
Also, I guess there is decent snorkeling about 75 feet off the beach
out front of the hotel, has anyone ever done this there?
I'm bringing my snorkel gear. hope I can make it out that far!
Looking forward to all the art, bands, rum, great outfits.... YAY!!!!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 08:25 am   Permalink

I recently handed off Mr Tiki (of the Mr Tiki's Wild Ride thread http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35612&forum=1&hilite=wild%20ride ) and he is on his way to the Hukilau!
If anyone is interested in picking up Mr Tiki and showing him your home town (and then sending him along to another deserving locale let me know!)

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 09:32 am   Permalink

From The Atomic Grog: Here's a guide for locals, or anyone else showing up at the last minute looking to make the most of The Hukilau ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2013/06/05/a-locals-guide-to-the-hukilau-how-to-get-in-on-the-tiki-mania/

South Florida DJs James Brown's Sweat, Action Pat and Sensitive Side will get The Mai-Kai moving on Thursday night.

Tickets will be available at The Hukilau registration desk in the Yankee Clipper lobby on Thursday (noon to 10 p.m.) and Friday (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.). It's $27 for Thursday, $40 for Friday, $75 for a three-day pass and $95 for a four-day pass. For the first time ever, the Tiki Treasures Bazaar will be free and open to the public Saturday afternoon. This includes the Bunny Yeager signing and Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid's final swim.

A multi-day pass also gets you free admission to all Mai-Kai events. Otherwise, it's $10 for the Thursday night Official After Party, $10 for the Saturday Main Event and $5 for Sunday's screening of "Plastic Paradise."

The Mai-Kai has also announced a free post-party on Sunday afternoon with happy hour from 3 to 7 p.m., live music and three "lost cocktails" from the 1956 menu that haven't been served in decades.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 11:17 am   Permalink

I'm here!!! (Well, not at the clipper at th moment, as I am driving up to Orlando to see myself in Ripley's!!!)

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 6:56 pm   Permalink

about one more hour until Pea picks me up to go to the airport. We'll be there first thing in the morning.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation