[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki Tourist promotion in Hawaii
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Tourist promotion in Hawaii
smokintikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 1:07 pm   Permalink

Hey All, a friend of mine in Hawaii is doing some sort of Tiki Tourist promotion with one of my Bottle Opener Tikis traveling around the island and getting photographed doing the tourist thing.
Check it out on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/TikiTouristHawaii#

Cheers- Jason - Smokin' Tikis

View Profile of smokintikis Send a personal message to smokintikis  Email smokintikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki eye

Posted: 2012-10-10 1:47 pm   Permalink

LOL yeah that is cool indeed get a little sight seeing tour picture at a time.

View Profile of tiki eye Send a personal message to tiki eye  Email tiki eye Goto the website of tiki eye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-10 3:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

That would be Jean of Enoa Tours... Funny how a book can inspire...

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oahujean

Posted: 2012-10-10 5:34 pm   Permalink

Ok Phil, yes its me, and you get some of the credit! You'll have to take Tiki Tourist on one of your tours so he can visit some of his relatives. He's been having a lot of fun, meeting lots of people, and is turning into quite the little party animal. In addition to facebook, he has his own twitter account (tikitourist) and tweets daily. This is a social media project, so the little dude hopes many people want to follow his vacation. Heres a few more of his photos.

View Profile of oahujean Send a personal message to oahujean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 07:33 am   Permalink

That Tiki is living it up.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

That is the cutest thing ever!!!!

Love it!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-11 7:17 pm   Permalink

I won't say which picture is my favorite

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 7:21 pm   Permalink

Mad Dog Mike started this idea many years ago.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35612&forum=1&hilite=wild ride

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-12 9:54 pm   Permalink

Actually, Tikifish started this idea long before MDM, waaaaaay back in 2003, featuring the venerable 'Shecky' Mug!

The Adventures of Shecky, the Green Globetrotter

In 2003, I took my Shecky all over the UK, Scotland & Ireland and took plenty of pix (Shecky at Loch Ness, Shecky at Buckingham Palace, Shecky 'kissing' the Blarney Stone, etc), but never posted them to the thread. I'll hafta see if I can find them and resurrect the "original" idea!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oahujean

Posted: 2012-10-14 2:37 pm   Permalink

Even though many people have done this quite uniquely, I got the idea from the fad of "gnome kidnappings" that happened in Europe in the 70's. (which is why Travelocity has a traveling gnome.) College kids used to kidnap peoples garden gnomes, leave a ransom note, then take the gnome on a trip, taking polaroids and mailing them back to the gnome owners, also sending postcards from the gnomes. At some point the gnome would show back up in his garden with souvenirs of his trip. I think this is also where "flat stanley" come from, for those of you who have had 3rd graders lately.
Our little tiki has a job to do, helping to promote Oahu tourism. The challenge with him, is that he is not content to simply just "pose" at various places. He insists on being a participant.
you can see the rest of his snorkeling pictures on facebook and twitter (twitter a little later today, but facebook snorkeling is up now.)
He also has a website with articles about his travels coming soon!

View Profile of oahujean Send a personal message to oahujean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oahujean

Posted: 2012-10-25 1:51 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to share some more pictures - little dude went to a picnic at Ala Moana Park - and got to play with a bunch of kids in a bouncy castle...

smokintikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-10 1:00 pm   Permalink

Tiki taken to new heights!

View Profile of smokintikis Send a personal message to smokintikis  Email smokintikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-11 12:25 pm   Permalink

That Tiki is living the life!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-11 4:01 pm   Permalink

And have you noticed in EVERY picture he has a nice big smile on his face!!! Awesome..

I think he needs to meet up with Mr.Tiki.... Now that would be a PARTY!!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oahujean

Posted: 2012-12-12 4:27 pm   Permalink

If Mr Tiki would like to come visit Tiki Tourist, he would be happy to show him around. He's becoming quite the Hawaii Tour Guide!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation