FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
the vaguely artistic scratchings of elgarbo - Volcano Tiki progress
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-13 11:33 pm   Permalink

Nearing completion! Need to finish adding shadows and highlights to the tiki and I plan on redoing the volcano smoke. A few other minor details and she'll be ready to go...

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-14 07:00 am   Permalink

Looks incredible great use of light and color love the palms by the way really cool style

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-16 11:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks anthonymaye!

Just finished up the finishing details. May I present the first painting I've done since I was in high school... "Tiki Beach."

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 03:16 am   Permalink

From a different angle...

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-17 04:06 am   Permalink

Hey Edgarbo, that "different angle" thing only works on 3D objects

Just kidding! Glad you got your hands on some paints and took a chance. I like the way it turned out. I'm with Anthony, I like that "nest of palm trees" ~ reminds me of a pile of snakes.

EDIT - you obviously have some artistic talent, have you been "artless" since you got out of school or did you have another outlet?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-11-17 12:13 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 6:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDogMike - for a while my artistic outlet was photography, but in many ways I found the science of it to be very constrictive. Painting seems to be less prohibitive but that's probably just because I've only just started playing around with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2012-12-13 14:38 ]

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-13 2:42 pm   Permalink

Been working on a new piece...

Still have plenty of details to add... Shadows and reflections and all that.

[ This Message was edited by: Elgarbo 2012-12-13 14:43 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-13 9:55 pm   Permalink

Gonna be another great one.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-16 9:39 pm   Permalink

Cheers MadDogMike!

Somne progress! Window reflections and most of the chrome work sorted. Still need to figure out a tiki-style grille... probably do that last.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-16 10:38 pm   Permalink

I'm still trying to figure out what type of car it is. Early to mid-60s...? The front reminds me of a Lincoln but the rear doesn't match
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-17 02:18 am   Permalink

Just a generic 60's style... hasn't been based on anything specific. Probably a result of the fact that it started as a random scribble in my notebook and then took on a life of its own.

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-23 11:31 pm   Permalink

And just like that, after a crazy Christmas Eve of non-stop painting, I've got all the finicky background details sorted out... and voila! A new painting is complete.

"South Pacific Highway"
12x16 Acrylic on canvas

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-24 01:53 am   Permalink

That's sweet Elgarbo. Personally i liked the composition of the original sketch with the bird, the tree to the left, and without the tiki (yeah, yeah, sacrilegious i know) but the finished piece looks great.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-24 07:39 am   Permalink

another damn cool painting, really dig the grill

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Super, great movement and perfect chrome coloring. A wonderful composition,Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation